Quantcast
Greta coming to Alberta. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta coming to Alberta.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does make me wonder though, who is paying for this.
    Thats the real question, and also who is in charge of promoting this shit so that it makes globalist mass media headlines everywhere.

Definitely not grass roots by any means.

I also feel that if her message was one of love/peace/happy clean enviro, instead of anger, divisiveness and finger pointing, she would resonate a lot better - but thats not the constructed narrative at all. Its negative/fear based - which is the common theme with most of these operations.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-14-2019 at 12:18 PM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    No worries Hans.
    I can appreciate your wit when you use another pop culture reference based on the primary character of my reference - after you googled it.

“We’re going to ... clap... pump you up!”
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Thats the real question, and also who is in charge of promoting this shit so that it makes globalist mass media headlines everywhere.

Definitely not grass roots by any means.

I also feel that if her message was one of love/peace/happy clean enviro, instead of anger, divisiveness and finger pointing, she would resonate a lot better - but thats not the constructed narrative at all.
    Of course. God knows nothing had ever went viral on twitter or Facebook must be some war room, or crazy Russian hackers behind it all.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I can appreciate your wit when you use another pop culture reference based on the primary character of my reference - after you googled it.

“We’re going to ... clap... pump you up!”
    In your defense, I hear 50 is the new 30.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

In your defense, I hear 50 is the new 30.
    Hah. I think I'm starting to like you.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Of course. God knows nothing had ever went viral on twitter or Facebook must be some war room, or crazy Russian hackers behind it all.
    Thats right, negative-minded grass roots viral subjects routinely end up at the UN, talking down to leaders around the world.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-14-2019 at 02:11 PM.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Thats right, negative-minded grass roots viral subjects routinely end up at the UN, talking down to leaders around the world.
    Ahhhh, it was a special session just for Soros and Greta, and not the UN sponsored Youth Climate Summit.

Definately fishy!

Fuckin idiot.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    She's not all knowing, or even pretends to be. She just knows that the environment is getting fucked over in the name of profit and she isn't wrong. Even if you completely ignore climate change, we're still ruining the planet with our waste because it isn't economical to actually get rid of it properly. Let alone all the other ways we're raping the earth.
    I'd argue that its not profit, its the improved standard of living across the world that has driven climate change

My Ride

Ahhhh, it was a special session just for Soros and Greta, and not the UN sponsored Youth Climate Summit.

Definately fishy!

Fuckin idiot.
    Silly me, I was expecting an actual adult-like response.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I'd argue that its not profit, its the improved standard of living across the world that has driven climate change
    Improved standard of living = fancier shit at the cost of poorer countries' lives and wellbeing..... as far as I'm concerned this is all karma. Which is why I'm not buying into anyone that suggests any of this can be fixed.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Silly me, I was expecting an actual adult-like response.
    Did you actually believe your childish fantasy warranted one? Be honest? What's next, the photoshopped Soros/Greta meme?
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

who else is already really fucking sick of her and her whining.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    Improved standard of living = fancier shit at the cost of poorer countries' lives and wellbeing..... as far as I'm concerned this is all karma. Which is why I'm not buying into anyone that suggests any of this can be fixed.
    People seem to think that capitalism costs poor people. Capitalism is the single most effective invention in the history of humanity to combat poverty. You have it precisely backwards.

Edit:
    Name:  Infant-Mortality-Rates-for-Africa-and-its-regions-and-other-regions-of-the-World.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  50.0 KB

Bangladesh
    Name:  Life-expectancy-and-various-mortality-rates-in-Bangladesh-1970-2010-Data-from.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  45.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    who else is already really fucking sick of her and her whining.
    Totally, why can't she just be a normal kid her age and embrace instagram, fortnite and consumerism? That we can get behind! Instead she is putting all of her time and energy into... caring for the environment? Pfff

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

The amount of hate directed toward Greta is hilarious. It really shows how ready people are to act tough in forums and comment sections on the internet.

Here's a thought: fucking ignore her if she bothers you. Don't give her a platform. Just... turn the shit off.

I love the fake outrage, though. "Fuck this little bitch" some of you people need a chill pill.

The USA is a solid two years behind the rest of the developed world in terms of life expectancy, even though they spend nearly 10x as much in healthcare. Personally I blame the thousand nukes they set off in the Nevada desert (and the well documented radioactive cows milk years later) Which of course has nothing to do with capitalism or communism, as Russia set off just as many on their own soil. What it comes down to may simply be what Greta seems to want to shine light on - the degradation of the entirety of the earth by pollution sources. Communists pollute the earth just as much as anyone else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ife_expectancy The USA is right around Qatar, Croatia and Albania in terms of life expectancy. Perhaps much worse is that quality of those final years is significantly worse in the USA due to things like untreatable cancers.

I mean people have to stay warm, and they also need energy to work - but it doesn't always have to come at the costs that are avoidable. Did the USA really need to test 1,000 nukes? China got by with less than a hundred to know that they didn't need any more.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-14-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    The amount of hate directed toward Greta is hilarious. It really shows how ready people are to act tough in forums and comment sections on the internet.

Here's a thought: fucking ignore her if she bothers you. Don't give her a platform. Just... turn the shit off.

I love the fake outrage, though. "Fuck this little bitch" some of you people need a chill pill.
    This has been my approach for the most part, but devil’s advocate, how will more negative PR help Alberta? What is the value add for the oil and gas industry for her to show up and say “how dare you” ad nauseam? By my guess, a few assholes will cause a scene, the news will run with it and yet again the whole province and industry will get the “typical alberta” comments both nationally and internationally.

I can see why people are annoyed, this is a no win scenario because a figure beyond criticism is being used to further admonish an already hurting industry.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Popcorn is ready. I await to see if Greta will gain strength as she is fed, or implode to obscurity.

Thing is, Greta is just the first of many. By my estimation, if France hits 50 Celsius - it will be Brigitte and Manon next, and those girls will be smart enough to make the oilbarons sit in a not air-conditioned conference room while they make their demands.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-14-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Totally, why can't she just be a normal kid her age and embrace instagram, fortnite and consumerism? That we can get behind! Instead she is putting all of her time and energy into... caring for the environment? Pfff
    hmmm... maybe get an education before she goes and rip on everyone?
    I dont think she actually understands how the world works yet. I'm sure sailing across the Atlantic must be environmentally responsible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

really? why are you arguing with people who has a different opinion than you on a forum then? isnt that what a forum is for? perhaps you should take a chill pill.

On the same day Greta gave her self-righteous speech, a group of 500 Climate scientists sent a letter to the UN saying there is no climate emergency, and that there is no cause for panic and alarm, and they strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net zero CO2 policy for 2050.. They said there is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying huricanes, floods, drought, and other natural distaters or making them more frequent, and that CO2 mitigation measure ame as damaging as they are costly. They also criticized the climate models as being immature and that current climate polices undermine the economic system and put the lives at risk in countries who are denied access to affordable continuous energy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast