Quantcast
More rural crime, three Foothills pubs hit - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: More rural crime, three Foothills pubs hit

My Ride
    something green

Default More rural crime, three Foothills pubs hit

The 2 pubs in Bragg Creek and 1 in Priddis were hit early Monday morning. They trashed the cameras, took booze,the internet hubs and the computers the cameras were running on.
    They attempted to drag out the ATM, but broke their tow straps.
    Looks like white early to mid 2k gmc 2500, black rims, and a headache rack in the back.

Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

-Probably a stolen truck

-Business sec cameras should always send data to cloud

-Cameras mounted high up like this are almost always useless to the police - except to show you pixels.

-At least bar owners elsewhere can be made aware of this specific vehicle

My Ride
    something green

The up high one was the only one that survived, and it belonged to the gas station, they destroyed all the other cameras.
    I agree the cloud now is a good defence against that.
    They were after the ATM machines in all 3 bars they hit, the booze stolen was jagermeister , southern comfort and sourpuss, they left the more expensive stuff which illustrates what kind of offender it was.
    The truck might be stolen, but I've seen a similar one around the neighborhood before.
    The cops were looking for a truck out here identified as being involved in rural b&e's last year, I ended up following it one day and it was legit registered to someone and not stolen.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    K-car

Trying to find a pic that was floating around FB yesterday of a VERY similar truck burned to nothing dumped in the irrigation canal out by Strathmore. It was a long box ext cab GMC in the same year range.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by corsvette View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trying to find a pic that was floating around FB yesterday of a VERY similar truck burned to nothing dumped in the irrigation canal out by Strathmore. It was a long box ext cab GMC in the same year range.
    That picture was up on Facebook post, it was ditched and burned out the day before these bars were hit.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    something green

Same crew at the Bragg creek break ins.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...zNr4y_Y#dialog
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    something green

Bragg creek pub got hit by the same group again, last weekend. Priddis pub got hit by them again last night. Starts at 3minute mark
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=I2LFM_0livo
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Bragg creek pub got hit by the same group again, last weekend. Priddis pub got hit by them again last night. Starts at 3minute mark
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=I2LFM_0livo
    The new glass was on the door for maybe 8 hours? Cory has said he changed some practices and left tills open so they knew there was no cash in the registers to take. However what they must've been mad by that so they just smashed things. Jane has a lot of the pics on her FB of what they smashed (TVs, mirrors, the camera, the POS machine).

It looks like the RCMP have been fairly helpful though with them - i'm sure it's just a matter of time now before they capture these lil shits.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

How long were these guys there for roughly? Like a couple minutes at most?

My Ride
    something green

The owner, Cory was there within 4 minutes, the bandits were in and out in 2 minutes.
    The locals are getting ticked off with being a constant target for these assholes, it's pushing people towards mob justice.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

No kidding. At this point I bet they're all ready for a night stakeout/sting.

Is Bragg Creek rural enough for mob justice where the cops are like "yeah, fair enough"?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    No kidding. At this point I bet they're all ready for a night stakeout/sting.

Is Bragg Creek rural enough for mob justice where the cops are like "yeah, fair enough"?
    No, it's been pretty consistent that the retaliation or "self-protection" is not taken lightly, brushed-off, or ignored. You'd best be willing to go to jail if you confront any of these people. You can almost guarantee some form of violent escalation and a justice system that works against you.

Be zen, stay away, don't attempt to confront or catch these people, for your own sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    No, it's been pretty consistent that the retaliation or "self-protection" is not taken lightly, brushed-off, or ignored. You'd best be willing to go to jail if you confront any of these people. You can almost guarantee some form of violent escalation and a justice system that works against you.

Be zen, stay away, don't attempt to confront or catch these people, for your own sake.
    Citizens in Canada have rights to arrest if caught in the act.

During the course of this, if the assholes pull out deadly weapons (knives, tools, drive towards you, etc.) they can be legally, shot immediately.

If I was a creep, I would be 10x worried more about possies vs. the police (who cant do much besides catch and release).

My Ride
    something green

I already have a citizens arrest under my belt, never a word of any kind of charge ever came from it.

I just found out they hit Millarville race track as well last night. I have heard some other rural businesses have been hit, but I haven't received any video from those incidents to confirm its the same bunch.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

I dont understand why the RCMP are not being more open about these rights that everyone has.

The RCMP were retarded enough to tell the Okotoks perp to sue the defendant - I guess its pretty obvious which way they lean.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I dont understand why the RCMP are not being more open about these rights that everyone has.

The RCMP were retarded enough to tell the Okotoks perp to sue the defendant - I guess its pretty obvious which way they lean.
    In my opinion, the reason they come down so hard on good people trying to protect themselves sometimes, is it prompts a deeper look into the past of incidents surrounding a final event, and often times, the cops end up looking deficient in their duties along with the crown.

It could be a comedy skit.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    the cops end up looking deficient in their duties along with the crown..
    Yea its bizarre how they care more about optics than about the victims. The bigger the force the more it matters.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I feel like people disagreed with me that the cops won't support you attempting to bring these criminals to justice. But now people also agree that the cops don't support....
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

Saw some more stills, also looking for an early white Nissan pathfinder with body work being done to it, it was chased away last night.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    something green

I feel like people disagreed with me that the cops won't support you attempting to bring these criminals to justice. But now people also agree that the cops don't support....
    There is a lot of circumstance that will dictate the opinion the police involved, the overall frustration,the type of criminal being dealt with, and also the geographical location. The more heinous the crime the less sympathy there will be for the perpetrators. All that said, everyone is told personal safety is paramount now so now it's the default.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast