Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, I've got a lower user # so I'm more Beyond OG! I'll one-up Rural_Juror and let anyone Netflix 'n Chill inside my car (yes, all Model 3's now have built-in Netflix streaming)!

In all seriousness, if there are any serious Tesla buyers out there, feel free to PM me for a test drive in my 480hp-ish Performance model if you'd like. EVs have crazy serious g-forces when accelerating!
    I toyed around on the Tesla website. I would likely get the AWD model (long range?). I've driven my Uncle's RWD Tesla 3. It was really quite nice. As fun as it would be to jump into one, it's still probably a few years down the road, when the GTI lease runs out.

Also, I would use mo_money's referral code. I still remember when he sold me e-brake cables for my civic in 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    There is a short range version that I think you have to go into a Tesla Store to order.
    That's a neutered 150km model. Have not followed this a bit to see if one can pay and software unlocked for full SR range.

That's the one that can be had for $40K+GST after fed rebates. It's just a compliance car for Model 3 to qualify for rebates.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Typo? Their site shows 55k plus tax as the base unless I'm reading it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That's a neutered 150km model. Have not followed this a bit to see if one can pay and software unlocked for full SR range.

That's the one that can be had for $40K+GST after fed rebates. It's just a compliance car for Model 3 to qualify for rebates.
    Here's a quick summary of the "three" Model 3's that qualifies for the federal incentive:
    $44,999+GST | "Under the table/order in store" | SR (not +) | software limited to 150km range
    ~$50,000+GST | SR (again, not +) | 385km range | no premium interior (no upgraded stereo, no LTE data, no rear heated seats, etc)
    $54,999+GST | SR+ | 385km range | premium interior (see above)

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I toyed around on the Tesla website. I would likely get the AWD model (long range?). I've driven my Uncle's RWD Tesla 3. It was really quite nice. As fun as it would be to jump into one, it's still probably a few years down the road, when the GTI lease runs out.

Also, I would use mo_money's referral code. I still remember when he sold me e-brake cables for my civic in 2006.
    Let me know if you want a drive in mine. I'm open to letting anyone driving the car to show it's performance abilities. Forget the whole Greta sustainability hipster idea with EVs; it's the surprising performance out of these cars that gets me out of bed every morning!

I totally remember you driving me to my place in your B16 Si, going down Deerfoot, showing me what VTEC sounds like. Can't believe that was 13 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    There was a used Model S that came with unlimited charging. I didn't even know that was an offering!

It's definitely the future but I'm sure battery technology is just waiting to be improved.
    Pre-Jan 2017 (or was it Nov 2016?) Model S and Model X's had unlimited free supercharging that was transferable to future owners. Tesla allowed a very limited group of Model 3 Performances, as well as a small selection of post-Jun'ish 2019 *new* Model S/X's, to also get free unlimited supercharging (for first-owner only). The Model 3 Performance owners were then given a one-time refund of $5k USD ($6,6k CAD) if they want to give up their free supercharging, but I held on to my offering. We tend to do a lot of roadtrips so I figured I'd keep it.

Battery tech has already improved between the Model S/X's vs the Model 3s and upcoming Model Ys. I can link you to very techy articles about batteries but the future is already here!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I'll start the convo.

What do you guys typically see for range reduction when it is -30?
    Depending how long you park your car outside for, and if you leave it parked outside at home overnight (assuming while not charging), you may see a range reduction by up to 40%. I park mine in an insulated garage at home (not heated) and a heated parkade at work. I've personally seen no more than maybe a 20% range reduction in -30-deg weather. *Note: not accounting for my habit of having a heavy foot at lights*

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    OT: I have been looking at possibly trying out a pre-owned model. Which ones have the Ludacris mode? The one I was seriously looking at was a P85D model. Is it smart choice to go pre-owned and try one out?
    FYI, P85Ds did not come with Ludricrous (unless they upgraded it to P90D via hardware upgrade and then paid an additional $20k to tack on Ludricrous). Some P85Ds did have "insane" mode though, which in reality is only as fast as the new Model 3 Performances without the handling characteristics of the 3.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 10-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I would use mo_money's referral code as well, even though he doesn't need the supercharger miles, purely for the Netflix N Chill fun.

Range wise. I get about 175 Wh/km going to the mountains on factory tires in the summer. During the recent snowstorm, I was around 330 Wh/km on Hakka 9s. Today, I hovered around 200 Wh/km.
    It works out to roughly 2 l/100km in the summer and 3.7 l/100km in the snowstorm on studded tires. The extra cost is negligible, but it means that you will have to charge more often in the winter.

One thing to watch for when buying used are the hardware version. The older vehicles don't have the two rear facing cameras by the fenders and may not have an extra front facing cam as well. You will need these for sentry mode and full self driving.

Other than the added features through software updates, the best part about these cars are that they drive like go-karts. You can drive in most places on one pedal due to the regen acting as brakes.
    Navigate on Autopilot has gotten a lot better recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    Lol, I've got a lower user # so I'm more Beyond OG!
    Pssshh...'03s acting like they own this joint.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-16-2019 at 06:55 PM.

The tesla subreddit is really active: https://reddit.com/r/teslamotors/

Seems like people on there are saying cold weather cuts down range by about 30%.

Your supercharger referral miles expire 6 months from your last referral, but referring another person bumps the deadline by another 6 months.

I was in the market for a Model 3 Performance, but once I realized the fed incentive only applied to the base model SR+, I just ended up getting that. Not regretting that decision at all. SR+ is more than fast enough for city driving, and the 386km range isn't an issue when you can charge in your building.

In fact, I did Calgary > Vancouver in 1 day (supercharged in Golden, Revy, Cranbrook, Hope), then did Vancouver to SF in one session (9am Vancouver departure, 5:30am +1day SF arrival). I think getting the Long Range might've let me skip a couple supercharging sessions, but now that I've had it in SF for a month I don't think I would notice the difference at all between SR+ and LR AWD.

I ended up getting a $108k cheque from insurance for my Macan GTS that got totalled (only paid $91k for it new last year ), could've gotten two SR+ Model 3s with it

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post

Seems like people on there are saying cold weather cuts down range by about 30%.

Your supercharger referral miles expire 6 months from your last referral, but referring another person bumps the deadline by another 6 months.

I was in the market for a Model 3 Performance, but once I realized the fed incentive only applied to the base model SR+, I just ended up getting that. Not regretting that decision at all. SR+ is more than fast enough for city driving, and the 386km range isn't an issue when you can charge in your building.

In fact, I did Calgary > Vancouver in 1 day (supercharged in Golden, Revy, Cranbrook, Hope), then did Vancouver to SF in one session (9am Vancouver departure, 5:30am +1day SF arrival). I think getting the Long Range might've let me skip a couple supercharging sessions, but now that I've had it in SF for a month I don't think I would notice the difference at all between SR+ and LR AWD.

I ended up getting a $108k cheque from insurance for my Macan GTS that got totalled (only paid $91k for it new last year ), could've gotten two SR+ Model 3s with it
    You sir are an inspiration to us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

Congrats on the mini lottery!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Dilemma, I have delivery scheduled for Friday. But I want these wheels.

https://electrek.co/2019/10/17/tesla...rmance-wheels/

Edit: nevermind. All Model 3s seem to have gone up $1k overnight. Am I reading it right?

My Ride

Dilemma, I have delivery scheduled for Friday. But I want these wheels.

https://electrek.co/2019/10/17/tesla...rmance-wheels/

Edit: nevermind. All Model 3s seem to have gone up $1k overnight. Am I reading it right?
    Looks like the gray wheels are the only option for Perfs now. Nice!

Indeed the price has gone up.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 10-17-2019 at 08:21 AM.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

I have seen a few model 3 in pics as well as real life and while they look decent, that front end with no grill really just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I am getting old but to me it looks like it needs a grill. Name:  tesla-model-3.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  56.7 KB

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Homerrca View Post
    I have seen a few model 3 in pics as well as real life and while they look decent, that front end with no grill really just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I am getting old but to me it looks like it needs a grill. Name:  tesla-model-3.jpg
Views: 802
Size:  56.7 KB
    I like the clean look as opposed to the BMW 7 series grin.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  12.8 KB
    Its just that one section that looks out of place to me. It looks a little bit like a fish. I am sure someone will come out with a kit to change the front end or Tesla might make adjustments (like all car manufactures) down the road.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Its just that one section that looks out of place to me. It looks a little bit like a fish. I am sure someone will come out with a kit to change the front end or Tesla might make adjustments (like all car manufactures) down the road.
    I'm surprised they don't just paint/wrap that section a different color. Like I guess they want their cars to look unique but .... it just looks weird

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You sir are an inspiration to us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Congrats on the mini lottery!
    Thanks guys Would've sucked so hard if it went down the repair route, instead of the $17k bonus and 2 weeks of a 911 rental route

Wonder if the $5k fed incentive still applies... I thought the cut off was $55k, which was why the SR+ was 54,900?
    Maybe Tesla had enough of the SR+ cannibalizing sales of the LR AWD and Performance. It's the same driving experience for 90% of the time, but I mean obviously the last 10% of scenarios when you are shredding someone at the lights or overtaking like a supercar in the Performance is an utterly different experience vs 'a slightly faster 3 series' in the SR+!

My Ride
    Fremont

-

My Ride
    '14 Taco

In fact, I did Calgary > Vancouver in 1 day (supercharged in Golden, Revy, Cranbrook, Hope)
    What monster goes to Cranbrook after Revvy?

My Ride
    Eclipse

I've been thinking about purchasing one, it seems like the best choice (not looking at price)

But do people have problems with charging ever if they don't have a garage? This seems like my biggest concern, and then yah the cold weather as well and lower battery life I never did think about before.

I don't want to plug it into the power overnight and have it sitting outside, i'm scared the power will get stolen and I'm assuming it's not that cheap (how much does 1 of those cost?)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    What monster goes to Cranbrook after Revvy?
    Pretty sure he meant Kamloops haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    I've been thinking about purchasing one, it seems like the best choice (not looking at price)

But do people have problems with charging ever if they don't have a garage? This seems like my biggest concern, and then yah the cold weather as well and lower battery life I never did think about before.

I don't want to plug it into the power overnight and have it sitting outside, i'm scared the power will get stolen and I'm assuming it's not that cheap (how much does 1 of those cost?)
    Remember that while you could charge EV on 110v/15a circuit, you still want to charge them with a more efficient 220v/50a outlet.

120v/15a can only top up at 1.4kw/h If people are using 300wh/km in winter and 40km round trip, you are looking it 12kw per day. You will need to charge your car for 10hr per day at that rate just to cover that range. And this doesn't even count the burn rate to keep battery above 0c for charging.

Unless you live exclusively on supercharging, a garage is a must for EV in Calgary.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast