Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am researching my next car and since I have a 240V outlet in my garage I feel I at the very least need to investigate the Model 3 performance. However going to the forums left me horrified. The quality control looks like nothing I have seen ever even from Jeep or Ford. Did some of you receive clean cars at delivery?

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...216597/page-32

When something is wrong the masses gather to complain, you don't hear the praise as much as the complaints. I had some small minor issues with mine, but rather than make a big deal about them I just fixed it myself. No big deal and it was fun to tinker. Honestly the Model 3 is the best car I've ever had - even with my ABS fuck up. Hands down, the best. Once you drive it, it ruins every other car for you lol. Went and drove a friends Focus RS with nearly the same mods as my old one - it felt like a big slow laggy tank.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    When something is wrong the masses gather to complain, you don't hear the praise as much as the complaints. I had some small minor issues with mine, but rather than make a big deal about them I just fixed it myself. No big deal and it was fun to tinker. Honestly the Model 3 is the best car I've ever had - even with my ABS fuck up. Hands down, the best. Once you drive it, it ruins every other car for you lol. Went and drove a friends Focus RS with nearly the same mods as my old one - it felt like a big slow laggy tank.
    That’s nice and all but have more experience with most brands than most since I’m not brand loyal and have been involved in a lot of different automotive communities and I have never seen anything like that thread over the decades. I went page by page back over 20 pages and I still can’t believe even Tesla could put out vehicles this poorly made and I’ve owned several Chryslers and Fords. I just don’t know if I could handle paying over $70k and having a car delivered with issues like this.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I'm just a data point of 1, but my Model 3 was delivered with one paint defect that Tesla fixed after delivery. Otherwise it's been fine for the last year. There are quirks with the car as it's all electric, it's not perfect, but it has done it's job very well every day. The nice thing with the Model 3 is the resale value. If you don't like it, you can sell it in a year and lose very little.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Meh, it's worth the gamble. Don't like the one that's delivered to you. Flip it the next day for what you paid or more /shrug

My Ride
    V8s

Taking home a brand new, reasonably expensive car, then fixing issues for yourself is just a ridiculous thing to have to do. Like absolutely outrageous.

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad car, and I'm not saying it's not fun... but come on.

I guess it must be a pretty awesome machine to make so many people shrug their shoulders about issues on a brand new car (everyone I know that has one loves it).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I just don’t know if I could handle paying over $70k and having a car delivered with issues like this.
    Basically what @eglove said. It's a damn fun car to DD, even if you don't have the performance model. Instant throttle response, good torque everywhere, makes it feel like a rocket. The M3P wasn't much faster than my E53, but it felt 2x faster even though mine's a mild hybrid with almost no turbo lag (still need high revs for outright power). If driving experience is highly important to you, you get over the other stuff pretty quickly.

@benyl made a good comparison, it's basically an expensive STI/Evo. Fast, econobox interior, if you can live with that.

edit - wanted to add, the feels damn fast is inherent to EVs. Drove a base Mustang Mach-E, same deal.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Tesla is not a car company. Teslas are not cars. Stop making this ridiculous comparison people.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Basically what @eglove said. It's a damn fun car to DD, even if you don't have the performance model. Instant throttle response, good torque everywhere, makes it feel like a rocket. The M3P wasn't much faster than my E53, but it felt 2x faster even though mine's a mild hybrid with almost no turbo lag (still need high revs for outright power). If driving experience is highly important to you, you get over the other stuff pretty quickly.

@benyl made a good comparison, it's basically an expensive STI/Evo. Fast, econobox interior, if you can live with that.

edit - wanted to add, the feels damn fast is inherent to EVs. Drove a base Mustang Mach-E, same deal.
    I get that it's fast but I'm driving a 503 hp BMW so while it's going to feel faster than anything I have owned it's probably not going to blow my doors off like I was coming from an STI or something. I got a Bronco on order for the wife so I want to get back into a car and everyday I stare at that 240V outlet in my garage and it tempts me to go electric. I just wish it had at least a HUD or something as I just don't like having to stare at a center mounted screen not to mention the loss of CarPlay.

Anyone with a white interior? How are the seats holding up (denim transfer)? The black interior looks so drab in these cars.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Taking home a brand new, reasonably expensive car, then fixing issues for yourself is just a ridiculous thing to have to do. Like absolutely outrageous.

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad car, and I'm not saying it's not fun... but come on.

I guess it must be a pretty awesome machine to make so many people shrug their shoulders about issues on a brand new car (everyone I know that has one loves it).
    A small stain on the a pillar (like 3mm in diameter) - some interior carpet clean and it was gone in 5 seconds. The delivery clean was good enough but I went over it again. And then a rattle in the passenger front and rear door - no big deal to me. 6 torx screws total, like I said. New car - for me it's fun to take apart and tinker with it and see what they are doing different. Mind you after 5 days of owning it I ripped all the suspension out..soo

edit: I thought I would miss carplay, but I don't at all. The only thing that annoys me is the voice assistant never capitalizes correctly and sometimes it bungs up words like first gen Siri
    Last edited by eglove; 11-03-2021 at 10:32 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I get that it's fast but I'm driving a 503 hp BMW so while it's going to feel faster than anything I have owned it's probably not going to blow my doors off like I was coming from an STI or something. I got a Bronco on order for the wife so I want to get back into a car and everyday I stare at that 240V outlet in my garage and it tempts me to go electric. I just wish it had at least a HUD or something as I just don't like having to stare at a center mounted screen not to mention the loss of CarPlay.
    So you're like me. Straight line speed isn't at the top of the list. I do really appreciate Tesla's driving feel tho, but the lack of simple amenities and comfort features is a no for me. If my typical AMG purchase have the drivetrain feel of a Tesla, it'd be awesome. No confidence Tesla is going to make a true luxury car, even the Model S is bare to me. If you think loss of CarPlay sucks, they don't even have blind spot indicators on the damn mirrors.

There's options other than Tesla coming that combines everything for people like us, but it's a long waiting game.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I never really cared for the BSI in the mirror, you can see it on the tablet when someone is in your blind spot and it still chimes for you. I did change the mirrors to wide angle blue tinted style and that made a difference for me. I do miss the ford mirrors with the built in mini blindspot mirror though

You can buy an aftermarket hud to go in front of the steering wheel if you really miss it that bad. But honestly after you drive it, it's quite nice have the view of the road and not have all that info in the way

My Ride
    V8s

So you're like me. Straight line speed isn't at the top of the list. I do really appreciate Tesla's driving feel tho, but the lack of simple amenities and comfort features is a no for me. If my typical AMG purchase have the drivetrain feel of a Tesla, it'd be awesome. No confidence Tesla is going to make a true luxury car, even the Model S is bare to me. If you think loss of CarPlay sucks, they don't even have blind spot indicators on the damn mirrors.

There's options other than Tesla coming that combines everything for people like us, but it's a long waiting game.
    Sounds like you need a Lucid.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Yeah it seems a lot of the upcoming EV’s are SUV oriented and I want to get back into a car.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Yeah it seems a lot of the upcoming EV’s are SUV oriented and I want to get back into a car.
    I'm going the other way, if I can have a EV SUV that can at least zip around cars in traffic I'll be happy to scoop one up. I just can't justify swapping my Fiesta for any kind of performance SUV and burning twice the gas right now. At least with a EV its saving gas and still zoom zoom. No chance I buy a tesla though, probably one of the cheaper SUVs rolling out in a few years.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance just over 3 years ago now. The only issues I had at delivery were wind buffeting on the front passenger door, and a rattle in my lower steering wheel console (the plastic piece). All fixed/replaced under warranty. Mine also suffered some stress cracks on the roof glass but that too was replaced under warranty. Tesla has since changed glass suppliers and those cracked roof glasses are yesteryear's news. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I've met up with and helped install mods on many Model 3/Ys that were built after mine. While I didn't think mine had any issues, these newer ones just seemed that much better built. You just never hear from the masses about the good; only the bad and ugly complain. Is the 3 better than any other car I've owned? In terms of build quality, far from it. But as a DD, boy is it the funnest thing ever and I still enjoy it every much as I did the first day I took delivery 3 years ago. We even added a second Tesla (Model X) into our stable just last year. We're now a full EV household. Never turning back to another ICE.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone's interested in my T-Sportline lowering springs, I was hoping to take advantage of (hopefully) the upcoming Black Friday sales to pick myself up some MPP coilovers, let me know. We could do an install day together.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 11-03-2021 at 11:17 AM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Tesla is not a car company. Teslas are not cars. Stop making this ridiculous comparison people.
    I can't rep this comment enough.

Tesla is a technology company.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I am a sample of 2.

No real paint issues on delivery. I had a misaligned window that I didn't find until after tint on the first car. They blamed the tinter, but I had noticed the gap on deliver and had it documented and so it was covered. The steering rack on my second car had to be replaced after a week. Car drove fine, but they made me come in a replace it.

The white interior is holding up fine. There is some jean transfer, but you can just wipe it off with baby wipes.

It is NOT a luxury car. Stupid masses are expecting it is because of the price. I wouldn't even call it premium. I feel like I got great value for $80K at 560+ HP. I've said it before, I paid over $80K in 2009 for my C63 that had 450hp. 10 years later, same $80K buys me more power. Seems like a bargain and half the cost of getting back into another E63 Wagon. Plus, I am not paying $1,500 a year in AMG tax (maintenance) and $7,500 brake jobs after 30K kms. Added bonus is not having to line up in the Costco gas line.

Power delivery is very different. Like any car, you will get used to the power and it won't "blow your doors off" after the first couple of months. I'm never going back to a gas car unless it is a 3rd car or a 4th.

The issue I have is tire wear. It's like a C63. I'm getting maybe 15K kms out of my winters (2.5 seasons).

Personally, I don't miss carplay. Maybe because Ford's implementation was shit, but I can do what I need without it. I do miss Waze.

You do have to reboot the display once in a while. Especially after a software update.

The problem with forums and especially facebook groups is that you have people on there that seem like they have never owned a car before. They are fucking idiots. Asking if things like brake cleaning or tire punctures are covered under warranty. The "delivery" lists are ridiculous. People are expecting perfection because they are paying so much, but the reality is that it is an American car made in America. My Expedition was delivered with the wrong color running board and a seat cover that wasn't tucked in (had to order a totally new cover that took 9 months). The Sync system shit the bed after an update (that doesn't work over wifi by the way). I didn't complain on the forums about it.

I won't apologize for Tesla, but it isn't as bad a people make it out to be.

My Ride
    V8s

A small stain on the a pillar (like 3mm in diameter) - some interior carpet clean and it was gone in 5 seconds. The delivery clean was good enough but I went over it again. And then a rattle in the passenger front and rear door - no big deal to me. 6 torx screws total, like I said. New car - for me it's fun to take apart and tinker with it and see what they are doing different. Mind you after 5 days of owning it I ripped all the suspension out..soo
    Yeah, I mean it sounds like there's a pretty wide spectrum of frequency/severity of issues. I'm sure tons of them are perfect and have the quality of any other car, and others have pretty minor issues like yours.

I'm also not implying the car is a POS either, I guess my point is I just that I wouldn't accept delivery if it had issues. Regardless of the brand, I want a new car to be... new. Different strokes though.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I never really cared for the BSI in the mirror, you can see it on the tablet when someone is in your blind spot and it still chimes for you. I did change the mirrors to wide angle blue tinted style and that made a difference for me. I do miss the ford mirrors with the built in mini blindspot mirror though

You can buy an aftermarket hud to go in front of the steering wheel if you really miss it that bad. But honestly after you drive it, it's quite nice have the view of the road and not have all that info in the way
    I'm old. I don't like change. I still blind spot check anyways, but the indicator is a nice to have that simplifies my decision making quickly.

HUD's doesn't block the view of the road. It's not like it's full screen. On the Benz's with the intelligent drive package, it's a must have. Driving one without, at times I miss the chimes when the "self driving' disengages. Having the indicator in the HUD, along with current speed limit, cruise speed, and my speed without taking eyes of the road is a must have. Our Sienna doesn't have a HUD and it's annoying as fuck. Guess on the bright side I'd be driving less aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Sounds like you need a Lucid.
    Yup. The silly range is the big selling feature for me, until AB gets its ass in gear with charging infrastructure. First year of heavy kids sports travelling this year, and there were 2 trips that couldn't have been done even in a LR Tesla. Although one of the trips is fixed this year according to @benyl because Lloydminster is getting a supercharger, but that's Tesla only. I ain't driving a minivan to fucking Lloydminster haha. It's why I went with another E53. Hybrid, as close (today) as possible to get to the feel of an EV with a bunch of silly creature comforts I'm accustomed to, and long range with no risk. Unless we run out of gas I guess.

That said, with the way EVs are finally being pushed, the Sienna and whenever I get the E53 will probably be my last ICE/Hybrid cars.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Superchargers have opened to non Tesla's in Norway as pilot. So it's coming. There is also a CCS adaptor that got released in Korea that is coming to NA that will allow Tesla's to connect to Fast chargers at Flo and Petro Can.

We are still way early in the EV world. People are kidding themselves if they think the infrastructure is there to support mass adoption. There's going to be long line ups and car on the side of the road without charge.

Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 50 ... LastLast