Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I agree that once you get used to HUD it's hard to go back to a car without it. It changes the way you drive fast or in general as you can remain 100% focussed on the road ahead at all times. I'm surprised how much I like it because it's a feature that wasn't high on my list of must-haves before having it. I don't understand why Elon at least couldn't throw that in if he's not going to give you an instrument cluster. I'm kind of worried about the speeding tickets I would amass with one of these cars with all that acceleration, no speedo in front of me, and no Waze.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I get emails from RBC that I can charge my EV for free at Petros.

Is that not really a useful thing?

+1 on HUDs being amazing, biggest thing I miss on the M2 after 3 cars in a row with HUD.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I get emails from RBC that I can charge my EV for free at Petros.

Is that not really a useful thing?

+1 on HUDs being amazing, biggest thing I miss on the M2 after 3 cars in a row with HUD.
    The offer only applies at select Petro-Cans with the CHAdeMO chargers. You'll also need a $600 adapter cable from Tesla (no longer even available) to do so. It's limited to only 50kW charge rate vs the 150kW+ at Tesla superchargers. Furthermore, the "free" charging only lasts until April 2022 anyway so it's not like you'll get much out of it.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance just over 3 years ago now. The only issues I had at delivery were wind buffeting on the front passenger door, and a rattle in my lower steering wheel console (the plastic piece). All fixed/replaced under warranty. Mine also suffered some stress cracks on the roof glass but that too was replaced under warranty. Tesla has since changed glass suppliers and those cracked roof glasses are yesteryear's news. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I've met up with and helped install mods on many Model 3/Ys that were built after mine. While I didn't think mine had any issues, these newer ones just seemed that much better built. You just never hear from the masses about the good; only the bad and ugly complain. Is the 3 better than any other car I've owned? In terms of build quality, far from it. But as a DD, boy is it the funnest thing ever and I still enjoy it every much as I did the first day I took delivery 3 years ago. We even added a second Tesla (Model X) into our stable just last year. We're now a full EV household. Never turning back to another ICE.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone's interested in my T-Sportline lowering springs, I was hoping to take advantage of (hopefully) the upcoming Black Friday sales to pick myself up some MPP coilovers, let me know. We could do an install day together.
    I might be interested in your springs.

My experience in build quality is pretty bad - I should have denied delivery but I didn't want to wait for a new car. Blinded by excitement I think.

Before I picked up they pushed my delivery because there was really bad over spray on the bottom panel of the passenger side. Every panel had some sort of misalignment and I had to have a tech come out several times to attempt to fix. It's not 100% but it's better now than it was. Frunk is noticeably not concave, rear bumper has mild gap and a couple other panels as well. I've also had some issues with the pillar cameras not working intermittently. I also get so much phantom braking on the highway that Autopilot is unusable at times. Recently my rear glass cracked from the inside and they replaced it under warranty but it was a bit of a pain proving that I wasn't at fault. My wife fucking hates this car because of all the issues. For $80,000 we should be getting better QC.

Everything aside, I enjoy the car but it has it's quirks - given the amount of OTA updates you can tell it's a work in progress. I do enjoy that new features are continually rolled out mostly for the better. It's by no means a luxury vehicle but it is extremely comfortable. Hitting the gas and having immediate power supplements all the issues IMO.

I'm looking at moving to 18" for Winter - I haven't been able to find many options - Is there a trick to sizing or is it case by case based on the rim style? I know there is some sort of inner lip that requires hubcentric rings to fit but otherwise I've been a bit in the dark.

A couple websites online that i've used to purchase rims in the past don't even show 2021 MYP as a configuration and others won't show 18".

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

And here I am annoyed that the Sienna has 2 scheduled maintenances per year lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    And here I am annoyed that the Sienna has 2 scheduled maintenances per year lol.
    Seems excessive.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Just Toyota things.

Lexus is the same with crazy short oil change intervals.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I'm looking at moving to 18" for Winter - I haven't been able to find many options - Is there a trick to sizing or is it case by case based on the rim style? I know there is some sort of inner lip that requires hubcentric rings to fit but otherwise I've been a bit in the dark.

A couple websites online that i've used to purchase rims in the past don't even show 2021 MYP as a configuration and others won't show 18".
    18" Fast FC04s. Light and cheap and look decent. I went with Fast FC04 18x9.5 +35 5x114.3. Put a 245-45-18 tire on it.

The hubcentric part number is 872702641C

Bronze is not approved for winter... but I don't care. haha

Name:  IMG_6805.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  374.2 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just Toyota things.

Lexus is the same with crazy short oil change intervals.
    At least we get a manicure out of it with Lexus.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I’m going to run 245/40/18’s on the stock wheels. 2% out of spec and the load rating is 96 which shouldn’t matter. Im
    never loaded up anyways. For spring I got some fast wheels as well and I’ll run the stock tires on those until they die. Still gotta pony up the $400 for Bluetooth tpms from tesla for the new wheels too.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    At least we get a manicure out of it with Lexus.
    You are free to service your sienna at Lexus haha

fact.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I’m going to run 245/40/18’s on the stock wheels. 2% out of spec and the load rating is 96 which shouldn’t matter. Im
    never loaded up anyways. For spring I got some fast wheels as well and I’ll run the stock tires on those until they die. Still gotta pony up the $400 for Bluetooth tpms from tesla for the new wheels too.
    The reason I went with 245-45 is to add just a little more meat for the potholes.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    The reason I went with 245-45 is to add just a little more meat for the potholes.

Yea I was going to go with that as well but I had these laying around from the Focus RS haha

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance just over 3 years ago now. The only issues I had at delivery were wind buffeting on the front passenger door, and a rattle in my lower steering wheel console (the plastic piece). All fixed/replaced under warranty. Mine also suffered some stress cracks on the roof glass but that too was replaced under warranty. Tesla has since changed glass suppliers and those cracked roof glasses are yesteryear's news. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I've met up with and helped install mods on many Model 3/Ys that were built after mine. While I didn't think mine had any issues, these newer ones just seemed that much better built. You just never hear from the masses about the good; only the bad and ugly complain. Is the 3 better than any other car I've owned? In terms of build quality, far from it. But as a DD, boy is it the funnest thing ever and I still enjoy it every much as I did the first day I took delivery 3 years ago. We even added a second Tesla (Model X) into our stable just last year. We're now a full EV household. Never turning back to another ICE.

EDIT: By the way, if anyone's interested in my T-Sportline lowering springs, I was hoping to take advantage of (hopefully) the upcoming Black Friday sales to pick myself up some MPP coilovers, let me know. We could do an install day together.
    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    18" Fast FC04s. Light and cheap and look decent. I went with Fast FC04 18x9.5 +35 5x114.3. Put a 245-45-18 tire on it.

The hubcentric part number is 872702641C

Bronze is not approved for winter... but I don't care. haha

Name:  IMG_6805.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  374.2 KB
    Thanks for that part number

That's fucking weird I was looking at those in 18x9 ET40.

I was also looking at these but unsure if they'll fit

https://www.partsengine.ca/rim-alloy...k-p-64727.aspx | 18x8.5 ET40

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Thanks for that part number

That's fucking weird I was looking at those in 18x9 ET40.

I was also looking at these but unsure if they'll fit

https://www.partsengine.ca/rim-alloy...k-p-64727.aspx | 18x8.5 ET40
    18X8.5 is the stock offset so they will fit. I've got 18x8.5 +20 effectively with spacers and they fit great

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I might be interested in your springs.

My experience in build quality is pretty bad - I should have denied delivery but I didn't want to wait for a new car. Blinded by excitement I think.

Before I picked up they pushed my delivery because there was really bad over spray on the bottom panel of the passenger side. Every panel had some sort of misalignment and I had to have a tech come out several times to attempt to fix. It's not 100% but it's better now than it was. Frunk is noticeably not concave, rear bumper has mild gap and a couple other panels as well. I've also had some issues with the pillar cameras not working intermittently. I also get so much phantom braking on the highway that Autopilot is unusable at times. Recently my rear glass cracked from the inside and they replaced it under warranty but it was a bit of a pain proving that I wasn't at fault. My wife fucking hates this car because of all the issues. For $80,000 we should be getting better QC.

Everything aside, I enjoy the car but it has it's quirks - given the amount of OTA updates you can tell it's a work in progress. I do enjoy that new features are continually rolled out mostly for the better. It's by no means a luxury vehicle but it is extremely comfortable. Hitting the gas and having immediate power supplements all the issues IMO.

I'll PM you closer to Black Friday to see if I will for sure pick up the MPP coilovers. Chances are it'll be a go as long as there's a reasonable sale on them. Here's a link to my T-Sportline springs FYI: https://tsportline.com/products/tesl...22372591992892

The P3's rear brakes are rather large. Just have to be sure that the inner diameter of the wheel barrel will clear the brakes; there aren't many options though... I too have 18s wrapped with studded Hakka 8s, but I'm cutting it close (credit card thickness maybe). These are RAC R04 wheels in 18x8.5 et35 from UrbanX. Costs just under $1k for the set. The ones that Benyl has are guaranteed to fit no problem though.

Name:  IMG_20181102_171055.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20181102_171041.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  150.5 KB
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 11-03-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I can't think of another vehicle that is as colossal a piece of shit for that kind of money that people completely overlook because fanboi. No judgment, just this culture amazes me.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The company is amazing. The culture is amazing. They are the best in the world at it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I can't think of another vehicle that is as colossal a piece of shit for that kind of money that people completely overlook because fanboi. No judgment, just this culture amazes me.
    Jaguar and Land Rover... Probably Maserati (but I think they're more money).
    It's different "PoS" issues, so rather than the dreaded #PanelGap (that 98% of people didn't know was a thing until journalists magically started screaming about it on social media), it's "your car is broken enough to require a shop visit measured in weeks, not days" within your first 100 hours of driving.
    Oh, but the "fit & feel".

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I think a lot of the issues have been ironed out since the early cars with panel gaps etc. The problems I have with the car are more design choices and feature implementation.

I'm not sure about the new change in the SR+ battery composition that gives slightly better range at the expense of weight, cold weather performance and power. I'm glad I got my SR+ before they started pulling back on features and performance.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast