Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll admit I was a fanboi when I first got the car (maybe still am a bit). But after my second winter in the car now, I do find it tiring having to charge the car almost nightly. At least it was only needed during last week. Parking it outside for a full day sure takes a toll on the range. That said, plugging in overnight in the garage is still immensely easier than standing out in the bitter cold filling up for that 5 mins. So maybe I am still fanboi-ing...
    Co-op full serve. Got gas in shorts sandals and slides in -30C haha. They even fill up washer fluid.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Thanks. Basically, when I go EV I need to keep a single ICE car for the 3-4 times a year exceptions like that. I just want hassle free and minimal time planning, so to not have consistency and be on the edge would drive me nuts. Not a huge deal but something to contemplate.
    For your family, like many, you'll probably always have more than one vehicle, so keep one as ICE for long road trips and relax. This doesn't seem like a hassle to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fremont

Co-op full serve. Got gas in shorts sandals and slides in -30C haha. They even fill up washer fluid.
    I like to pull up to the selfserve gas bar to buy an undiscounted touchless car wash, and see how many looks I get.

I buy the 5-pack wash now.
    -

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

But Co-op doesn't have my 94 sweet juice to power my tuned Euro mobile...

Besides, what the heck were you thinking putting on shorts in that kinda weather?? Even under 2 full comforters and long-johns, I was still freezing my ass off in bed last week!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

But Co-op doesn't have my 94 sweet juice to power my tuned Euro mobile...

Besides, what the heck were you thinking putting on shorts in that kinda weather?? Even under 2 full comforters and long-johns, I was still freezing my ass off in bed last week!
    Turn up the heat in the house? It's warm if you don't go outside.

My car has steering wheel, arm rests, seat heaters. I get instant heat from the vents as well since I keep my garage at room temperature. At work,. this +15 connected office has changed the game significantly haha. I'm always comfortable.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I run my house HOTTER when it's really cold outside. 22C inside and -30c outside makes sense, but when it's 19c outside, I don't mind 19c inside. Is that weird?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Thanks. Basically, when I go EV I need to keep a single ICE car for the 3-4 times a year exceptions like that. I just want hassle free and minimal time planning, so to not have consistency and be on the edge would drive me nuts. Not a huge deal but something to contemplate.
    Kinda sucks car2go pulled out, that would be the perfect supplement. Just pay the day rate for a mercedes SUV for the days you need to go on longer trips and then just use a EV for the other 95% of your lifestyle. Even once a month it would be cheaper than paying insurance on a additional ICE car.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Turn up the heat in the house? It's warm if you don't go outside.

My car has steering wheel, arm rests, seat heaters. I get instant heat from the vents as well since I keep my garage at room temperature. At work,. this +15 connected office has changed the game significantly haha. I'm always comfortable.
    One has to offset the electricity costs of owning an EV over additional heating costs of one's house!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Kinda sucks car2go pulled out, that would be the perfect supplement. Just pay the day rate for a mercedes SUV for the days you need to go on longer trips and then just use a EV for the other 95% of your lifestyle. Even once a month it would be cheaper than paying insurance on a additional ICE car.
    We already have 2 cars, just trying to plan out future vehicles in the next cycle. No big deal keeping one ICE for road trips. We only have 1 trip (our summer vacation) where we take both cars, and charging infrastructure is good enough to get all way way to the lake house 150km outside Kamloops. I can sacrifice a little bit of charging time once a year haha.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

rent a car? Aren't your trips scheduled?

My Ride
    something green

Honestly I think an EV pickup would satisfy the needs of 80% of pickup buyers in the vast majority of locales. No line of sight to them being good enough for real work, but for all the casual buyers who want a car with a bed an EV pickup would be just fine.

Rural Canada is always going to be a challenge for EV’s due to distances and cold involved.
    I can see it coming that in operation, the truck will have to have a learn mode for trailers or payload, the rolling resistance etc will have to be set in order to plan trips and or distance.compared to what I drive now, that will seem like a lot faffing around and people will tire of it if they don't make it as carefree as a normal truck. But I suppose one could argue it's less care overall because of the absence of oil changes and traditional truck maintenance.I would be fully on board if it had a 3 minute recharge, and went at least 800 km range regardless of what I put in the box or on the hitch.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    rent a car? Aren't your trips scheduled?
    Some are some aren't. Family coming to AB for a hockey tournament this weekend, swing by if you're free. Could be Winsport, could be Olds, could be Spruce Grove. Could be 10C, could be -30C. So aside from set summer + winter vacations, all of our road trips are out of the blue. Then there's summer baseball for the kids, we have no idea where we're going for tournaments until 2-3 days before the weekend. That isn't as much of a problem in the summer I guess, unless there's headwind, but last thing I want to do in Methbridge is to sit around a charger. There's really no downtime between games, dinner with the team, sleep, breakfast, and the next games. Pretty much have to charge before leaving town.

We used to rent a minivan for our summer vacations, but I've whined enough about driving that POS we now take 2 cars.

I dunno, I enjoy beating up the car, and I love how EV's drive with insta-torque, but I think the solution is to just keep it in the city, one EV, one ICE for road trips as a happy medium.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Some are some aren't. Family coming to AB for a hockey tournament this weekend, swing by if you're free. Could be Winsport, could be Olds, could be Spruce Grove. Could be 10C, could be -30C. So aside from set summer + winter vacations, all of our road trips are out of the blue. Then there's summer baseball for the kids, we have no idea where we're going for tournaments until 2-3 days before the weekend. That isn't as much of a problem in the summer I guess, unless there's headwind, but last thing I want to do in Methbridge is to sit around a charger. There's really no downtime between games, dinner with the team, sleep, breakfast, and the next games. Pretty much have to charge before leaving town.

We used to rent a minivan for our summer vacations, but I've whined enough about driving that POS we now take 2 cars.

I dunno, I enjoy beating up the car, and I love how EV's drive with insta-torque, but I think the solution is to just keep it in the city, one EV, one ICE for road trips as a happy medium.
    Have you taken a look at all the available Level 2 chargers nearby the arenas you've been to? Check out https://www.plugshare.com/ I'm sure you can easily find one within a short walking distance from where the kids' games are that you can just leave it plugged in during that 3-hr window. I've never had an issue finding at least a Level 2 charger while we have a few hours to kill (eg. food, sleep, sightseeing, etc.).

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Have you taken a look at all the available Level 2 chargers nearby the arenas you've been to? Check out https://www.plugshare.com/ I'm sure you can easily find one within a short walking distance from where the kids' games are that you can just leave it plugged in during that 3-hr window. I've never had an issue finding at least a Level 2 charger while we have a few hours to kill (eg. food, sleep, sightseeing, etc.).
    Yea, like @benyl suggested in the Olds case, there was one 4 min walk from the arena. What he doesn't have is 3 kids to deal with haha. Don't get me wrong, total first world problems, I'm not walking 5 mins in -30C weather. I'd rather just hop in an ICE car, drive to Olds, and not deal with that. Then there's Spruce Grove, nothing nearby. Hell it wouldn't even make it up there without a charge in between anyways.

I just wish there's a PHEV that gives me the performance benefits of both EV and ICE. That doesn't fully exist today. What I have in the E53 is as close as it gets for now.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

When its -30c. What is the interior heating like on the Tesla..?

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Yea, like @benyl suggested in the Olds case, there was one 4 min walk from the arena. What he doesn't have is 3 kids to deal with haha. Don't get me wrong, total first world problems, I'm not walking 5 mins in -30C weather. I'd rather just hop in an ICE car, drive to Olds, and not deal with that. Then there's Spruce Grove, nothing nearby. Hell it wouldn't even make it up there without a charge in between anyways.

I just wish there's a PHEV that gives me the performance benefits of both EV and ICE. That doesn't fully exist today. What I have in the E53 is as close as it gets for now.
    Fair enough. Chargers are being added daily as we speak. Tesla used to (may still do?) have a program that would donate a free charger to a business as long as the business pays for the install and hosts the power needed. It's often a win-win situation for both Tesla and the hosting business to get patrons, especially hotels. It never hurts to suggest a business nearby those arenas on Tesla's website: https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/charging...rs?redirect=no

As for PHEV with similar power, *ahem*: https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/mo...ra-4-e-hybrid/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    When its -30c. What is the interior heating like on the Tesla..?
    I typically pre-heat my cabin 5-10 mins before I leave from my phone app. The interior easily gets to my set temp (~22.0C) by the time I get to the car. I even set the heated seats too!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

As for PHEV with similar power, *ahem*: https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/mo...ra-4-e-hybrid/
    Yea, spec'd one out at $260k.

Name:  hey-man-igot-five-kids-to-feed-27080212.png
Views: 447
Size:  137.0 KB

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I have 2 kids. I doing a lot of dropping off at the front because my family bitches about having to walk far. 1. because walking is good for you. 2. trying to avoid door dings from lazy Asian drivers.

That being said, I have been known to park at Ikea while shopping at EQ3.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I once said that I don't understand why people love OTA updates so much. We are all basically beta testers for shitty code being written by Tesla. I got a lot of push back saying they love that the car is improving. My response was that they are releasing functionality that is already standard in other cars. Things like text to speech for text messages.

This is crazy talk. Sentry mode was a OTA update, how many other cars monitor 4 cams while the car is parked? What about in car browser, games, dog mode, careoke, Netflix?

Not to mention the major car function improvements like one pedal driving, increased performance, autopilot improvements.

These are all things I love about my car. Sure there are a few other gimicky things or things that maybe should have been there at release. But at the end of the day in any other car, you would have to wait a whole model year to get those improvements (or pay money). With Tesla you get them for free OTA. Its like Christmas every time you get an update.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by supe View Post
    Sure there are a few other gimicky things or things that maybe should have been there at release. But at the end of the day in any other car, you would have to wait a whole model year to get those improvements (or pay money). With Tesla you get them for free OTA. Its like Christmas every time you get an update.
    Exactly! Fart mode so should have been in the car WITHOUT the need for an OTA update. How dare Elon!

Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast