Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 69 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

Thread to talk about the vehicles only to avoid the convo on stock price and the Elon loving and hating.

The company conversation is located here: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/373280-Tesla-Motors

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start the convo.

What do you guys typically see for range reduction when it is -30?

FAQ for new owners started: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411...37#post4928237

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I haven't seen any range reduction in my S, it also doesn't sit outside in the weather for any significant length of time. I usually keep my battery charged to about 497 kilometers of range, never come close to depleting the battery.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

I’ve found if I leave the X outside during these last few weeks I don’t have any regenerative braking what so ever.

If you plan to leave it outside, set your charge to finish right when you have to leave for work so the battery is warm and ready to go.
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I have no input to provide other than finding out Tesla has a Sentry mode that records on all cameras. How many cams does it have? That is badass. Only found this out from that Facebook post being shared around of that dude keying the Tesla owners car in Edmonton. Kinda odd he just drives up, keys it and goes off. Maybe the Tesla cut him off bad or something.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6028584/e...ndalism-video/
    Last edited by dj_rice; 10-15-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Name:  A9A33490-D5B9-43B5-A7E2-9FC98D9E125D.jpg
Views: 3793
Size:  57.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no input to provide other than finding out Tesla has a Sentry mode that records on all cameras. How many cams does it have? That is badass. Only found this out from that Facebook post being shared around of that dude keying the Tesla owners car in Edmonton.
    Front, 2 sides and a rear all record when someone comes within close proximity of the car. All the lights will flash and a sentry dot will flash on the main screen.
    Professionally Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I have no input to provide other than finding out Tesla has a Sentry mode that records on all cameras. How many cams does it have? That is badass. Only found this out from that Facebook post being shared around of that dude keying the Tesla owners car in Edmonton.
    I seen something like that on Reddit, was a compilation of a bunch of people getting busted by those cameras.

OT: I have been looking at possibly trying out a pre-owned model. Which ones have the Ludacris mode? The one I was seriously looking at was a P85D model. Is it smart choice to go pre-owned and try one out?

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    I seen something like that on Reddit, was a compilation of a bunch of people getting busted by those cameras.

OT: I have been looking at possibly trying out a pre-owned model. Which ones have the Ludacris mode? The one I was seriously looking at was a P85D model. Is it smart choice to go pre-owned and try one out?
    Pre "Performance" models, if you have the two lines under the model designation, it has ludicrous mode. Now it's just called performance model, instead of long range.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Went in because we dropped off the E63 for service at Lonestar. Was there to test drive one because the wife hates putting gas in the car. I ended up buying one instead cause, holy fuck, it is fast.

Got the performance. Skipping the FSD for now.

Attachment 87867
    Welcome to the club! Come join the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (TOCA) group on Facebook too if you haven't already and be sure to join in on the TOCA get-togethers. You'll often catch us doing Auto-Summon races.

Although V8s have their obvious sound benefits, the Performance Model 3 still gives me more thrills per mile. I ran an 11.7 @ 118mph in the 1/4 at one of the past Half Mile events so it's no slouch! That was before the 5% boost in power (free over-the-air update!) and the much lighter WedsSport wheels I put on this past summer too.

If anyone has questions about the car or EVs in general, let me know (or if you need a referral code ). I've had my Performance Model 3 for just over a year now and can speak to its drive through all seasons, including to ski hills & back, road trips to the Okanagan, mods, daily charging, Level 1/2/3 charging, etc, etc...

Here's a recent pic of mine:
    Name:  00000IMG_00000_BURST20191006175046448_COVER.jpg
Views: 3887
Size:  99.1 KB
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 10-15-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    Welcome to the club! Come join the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (TOCA) group on Facebook too if you haven't already and be sure to join in on the TOCA get-togethers. You'll often catch us doing Auto-Summon races.

Although V8s have their obvious sound benefits, the Performance Model 3 still gives me more thrills per mile. I ran an 11.7 @ 118mph in the 1/4 at one of the past Half Mile events so it's no slouch! That was before the 5% boost in power (free over-the-air update!) and the much lighter WedsSport wheels I put on this past summer too.

If anyone has questions about the car or EVs in general, let me know (or if you need a referral code ). I've had my Performance Model 3 for just over a year now and can speak to its drive through all seasons, including to ski hills & back, road trips to the Okanagan, mods, daily charging, Level 1/2/3 charging, etc, etc...

Here's a recent pic of mine:
    Name:  00000IMG_00000_BURST20191006175046448_COVER.jpg
Views: 3887
Size:  99.1 KB
    Nice ride! What color is that? It's like rust orange; I like.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    06 S2000

Ya'll making me regret my GTI.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Nice ride! What color is that? It's like rust orange; I like.
    It's a vinyl wrap actually; base colour is the flat black ("free" at the time). 3M 1080 in Gloss Fiery Orange. Looks amazing in person when it's clean!

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Ya'll making me regret my GTI.
    Sell it and get a Model 3! They start at $45k and if you keep the hardware trims down under $55k, there's still currently a federal incentive of $5k. Take advantage before the Libs get booted next week!

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Use my referral code instead. I can show you all how to use the fart generator. I can also fart on demand if required.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Use my referral code instead. I can show you all how to use the fart generator. I can also fart on demand if required.
    Lol, I've got a lower user # so I'm more Beyond OG! I'll one-up Rural_Juror and let anyone Netflix 'n Chill inside my car (yes, all Model 3's now have built-in Netflix streaming)!

In all seriousness, if there are any serious Tesla buyers out there, feel free to PM me for a test drive in my 480hp-ish Performance model if you'd like. EVs have crazy serious g-forces when accelerating!

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Lol, I've got a lower user # so I'm more Beyond OG! I'll one-up Rural_Juror and let anyone Netflix 'n Chill inside my car (yes, all Model 3's now have built-in Netflix streaming)!

In all seriousness, if there are any serious Tesla buyers out there, feel free to PM me for a test drive in my 480hp-ish Performance model if you'd like. EVs have crazy serious g-forces when accelerating!
    Can i race you with my Jeep? 11.7 is hauling ass! I'm curious how it would stack up and I haven't been lucky enough to race anything with it yet.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Can i race you with my Jeep? 11.7 is hauling ass! I'm curious how it would stack up and I haven't been lucky enough to race anything with it yet.
    My buddy has the new Tesla 3 Dual Motor with the performance package, I can arrange a race with him if you want.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I'll let anyone Netflix 'n Chill inside
    You must REALLY want the 1500kms.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Absolutely! If yours is stock, I think it'll be a pretty even race. I'll definitely take you from the start but you'll catch up to me near the back half of the 1/4 and fully outright in the 1/2. Were you the black Trackhawk at the last Half Mile? I assume you know James M. with his ridiculous 1200+hp white Trackhawk?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    You must REALLY want the 1500kms.
    Performance models from pre-Oct. 2018 had unlimited free supercharging.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Sell it and get a Model 3! They start at $45k and if you keep the hardware trims down under $55k, there's still currently a federal incentive of $5k. Take advantage before the Libs get booted next week!
    Typo? Their site shows 55k plus tax as the base unless I'm reading it wrong

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There is a short range version that I think you have to go into a Tesla Store to order.

My Ride
    Exploded.

There was a used Model S that came with unlimited charging. I didn't even know that was an offering!

It's definitely the future but I'm sure battery technology is just waiting to be improved.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Page 1 of 69 1 2 11 ... LastLast