Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 51 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1372

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK I thought your napping this was legit. I'm like WTF happened to you man haha.

There's still some underlying problems with just base autopilot. Phantom braking is probably the big one, there's enough Teslas in Calgary where I've seen it happen both in front and behind me. Pedestrian bridges on Crowchild around Dalhousie seems to be a trouble spot for them. Not sure how bad it is in Calgary, but in some states it's so bad that people drive manually because there's no basic cruise control at all. I mean it's all subjective, where you live, and your appetite for risk. Some parts of Tesla autopilot are better, some are worse than the rest of the solutions out there.

Navigate on autopilot, let me know how your experience is. My experience was pretty rough, Cali random slow traffic, car would slow down with the slow traffic then decide to change lanes, only to stay slow as fuck (this is a P100D I'm in) then slowly accelerate up to speed. Then it blocks the lane going speed limit, and you know Cali, you need to be doing +25 in the left haha. The lane selection feels really random and made zero sense. The braking was abrupt as hell, but that's because it doesn't see far enough ahead I think? It's basically a useless gimmick to me, I can navigate the lanes 100x better and I don't even know the roads well down there. It feels like NOA, FSD, all this stuff is just layers on top of the base TACC, LKA, LCA tech, which isn't robust enough yet to support it.
    Haha damn I was hoping phantom braking was sorted by now. Forum people are saying it’s actually worse since sonar was dropped in the 2022 refresh. I did see other complaints about lane selection too. My 2018 F150 does the abrupt braking with its basic adaptive cruise, so that’s shitty if Tesla sucks at it too.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    I am comfortable with my cognitive dissonance. lol.

I know what a Tesla is and isn't. There a many out there that don't.

I like the cars and how easy they make my life. Never have to go to a grubby gas station. No trips to the dealer for oil changes.

The funny thing about many Tesla owners is that they don't believe they are beta testers.
    I'm in total agreeance with this.

In any of the Tesla groups I am in I would say 95% of the people are total lemmings praying for the opportunity to supple at Elon's sweet sweet nectar.

I like my Tesla, it's fine. It does feel very much like a Beta though. Too many gremlins to ignore including (in my experience) a very rough AP system. I very seldom use AP because of how abrupt the phantom breaking is.

I'm also very annoyed with how poor the efficient range. (2021 Model 3 Performance, 100% charge, Calgary-Edmonton recommends 10 minute charge in Red Deer and arrival with 30% battery. On paper I should be able to arrive 30-40% range without stopping but I guess the EPA estimates are for 90KM/H on a closed highway in Sunny California lol)

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    I'm in total agreeance with this.

In any of the Tesla groups I am in I would say 95% of the people are total lemmings praying for the opportunity to supple at Elon's sweet sweet nectar.

I like my Tesla, it's fine. It does feel very much like a Beta though. Too many gremlins to ignore including (in my experience) a very rough AP system. I very seldom use AP because of how abrupt the phantom breaking is.

I'm also very annoyed with how poor the efficient range. (2021 Model 3 Performance, 100% charge, Calgary-Edmonton recommends 10 minute charge in Red Deer and arrival with 30% battery. On paper I should be able to arrive 30-40% range without stopping but I guess the EPA estimates are for 90KM/H on a closed highway in Sunny California lol)
    Likewise, fully agree with benyl's comments. In my 4 years of ownership, the only thing I've had for "maintenance" were windshield fluid and tires (joys of lowered and stretched tires). We'll ignore any modding costs, haha! Cost to operate is significantly lower than ICE even factoring in the higher upfront costs of the car. Sadly, there are many issues that I've just learned to live with over time (eg. road noise, phantom braking, squeaks and rattles, fogging windows, the list goes on...).

As for the range thing, yeah, I learned after the first two weeks how its actual mileage is nowhere close to rated. Especially so on a Performance. I was nearly stranded in Chestermere after going on a 300km return trip (this was before the days of all the superchargers in Alberta) until a fellow Tesla-owner invited me over to his house to top-up (at 11pm!). You'll notice a sizeable improvement as the weather warms up though, but even coasting downhill, I have no idea how anyone can get rated range.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Prices up again across the board.

Basically have been driving my car for free if I sell today. Haha.

My Ride
    *The First*

I finally got driven around in one of these recently. It was a 3 Performance or Plaid or Dual Motor or whatever they are calling the fancy fast one this week.
    It's pretty amazing in many ways. We tried the Auto Pilot a bit and did a few huge pulls. The acceleration "feels" extremely uniform and nothing like anything else I've ever been in. I guess that's "butt dyno" talk but anything else I've been in, I find that the acceleration ramps up significantly and I really really like that feeling. The Tesla did not feel like that, at all.

The cabin noise... This is a massively unfair comparison as this car has RE71-R's on it in as large a size as will stuff in there with aftermarket wheels and likely adjusted toe and camber, etc.
    But Holy Allah - it sounded like a completely uninsulated tin can. As loud inside as my 83 Diesel Rabbit was!
    So while I'm sure it's far better with stock tires, I can still tell it's far noisier than most modern cars.

The beckon feature failed and aborted twice, so I'm not sure what its deal was. The storage space looks amazing. The user interface looks like Apple, to me. Or maybe it controls that because the driver was connected via iPhone and if an Android user was driving, it would customize.

Anyway, it was pretty impressive in some respects. I'm not in the market, but I'd give it serious consideration if I was.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    Prices up again across the board.

Basically have been driving my car for free if I sell today. Haha.
    That's what I did. 10% annual rate of return over my 18 months of ownership. I'm driving my trusty old Touareg now until the market settles down. My next commuter will be electric for sure thanks to my Tesla experience, but probably from a different manufacturer.

My Ride
    Model S

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Wont that dump your food on the first corner?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Model S

Name:  AC1EE83B-95D4-41A7-860E-C75717C4C136.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  53.6 KB

What the fuck Tesla

Today was pick-up day. Guess who doesn’t have a car. Broken already.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Play stupid games

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    M3P

@googe what happened?

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    @googe what happened?
    I showed up and "took delivery" and before I physically got to the car, a "tech" came in and said it needs a firmware update, and they've been trying but it wont take it. He muttered something about ordering in a new bluetooth module.

I'm skeptical that bluetooth would have anything to do with OTA updates, so I think either they don't know what's wrong and he's guessing, or since it was a Saturday, the real service crew was out and these folks just knew how to do basic delivery and he was just making shit up.

Short version is they don't know what's wrong and don't have an ETA. I'm hoping someone just has to reboot something or clear a failed download or something simple.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I showed up and "took delivery" and before I physically got to the car, a "tech" came in and said it needs a firmware update, and they've been trying but it wont take it. He muttered something about ordering in a new bluetooth module.

I'm skeptical that bluetooth would have anything to do with OTA updates, so I think either they don't know what's wrong and he's guessing, or since it was a Saturday, the real service crew was out and these folks just knew how to do basic delivery and he was just making shit up.

Short version is they don't know what's wrong and don't have an ETA. I'm hoping someone just has to reboot something or clear a failed download or something simple.
    Oof - At least they broke you in for what's to come early lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sucks that they tricked you into "taking delivery" of a vehicle that you can't drive. Suspect other dealers would do similar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

No kidding… did you hand over payment?

I had a dealer think handing over payment for a car that wouldn’t start was on the table once. That was funny lol.

It was the last day of the month/Quarter too and they were fuming.

fact.

My Ride
    ute

they needed headlight fluid.

My Ride
    Model S

Yeah, I told them to “undeliver” it since I hadn’t touched it and just acknowledged it in the app. Looks like they actually did, it just disappeared from my account, says new delivery date is May 21. Pretty sure they already have the money though, it was a bank transfer and I’m assuming it cleared first.

My Ride
    Model S

After another tech had his eyes on it, we found that a module was unplugged and no parts ended up being needed. Your car is all set to deliver tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. -Tesla Delivery
    what.

My Ride
    M3P

what.
    cover up op

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

“We couldn’t figure out what’s wrong with it, so here you go”

fact.

Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast