Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 35 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 711

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

  1. #681
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,260
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Looks like solid improvements, torque vectoring sounds cool. 190k is a bit of a lol but irrelevant.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  2. #682
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like solid improvements, torque vectoring sounds cool. 190k is a bit of a lol but irrelevant.
    And how much are other production cars in the <9.0s 1/4 mile and 0-60<2s territory? Is there even one? McLaren 765LT or Bugatti Chiron perhaps?

    That said, even financing that amount over 96 months is more than my mortgage! Guess I won't be driving one anytime soon.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 01-27-2021 at 04:51 PM.


    Get 1,500kms of free supercharging credits when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

  3. #683
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,260
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Is this another track hawk discussion?

    Can’t win with the Tesla fanbois, I make a complimentary post but point out it’s expensive. Get shit on anyway, either full cult of Elon or bust.

    Fuck it, the car is still an incredibly ugly domestic made car and a bench racer one trick pony with Kia build quality. Can’t remember, do they make this one in a tent?



    I’ll answer your question with a question, do you really think anyone wants to buy a model S over even the slowest mclaren?

    We are talking about a dodge demon versus a gorgeous supercar, not even a debatable cross shop.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #684
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Estimated delivery of March for the long range or the "regular" plaid. Late 2021 for the Plaid +

    Steering wheel reminds me of KITT

  5. #685
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this another track hawk discussion?

    Can’t win with the Tesla fanbois, I make a complimentary post but point out it’s expensive. Get shit on anyway, either full cult of Elon or bust.

    Fuck it, the car is still an incredibly ugly domestic made car and a bench racer one trick pony with Kia build quality. Can’t remember, do they make this one in a tent?



    I’ll answer your question with a question, do you really think anyone wants to buy a model S over even the slowest mclaren?

    We are talking about a dodge demon versus a gorgeous supercar, not even a debatable cross shop.
    Fair's fair...not a fan of the build quality either, but c'mon, comparing it to a Kia?! Those K cars have way better build quality than Tesla!

    There's that guy on YT that recently picked up a 765lt and also owns several Tesla's (Teslae?). I guess if you can afford any of the rarest supercars in the world, you can also afford a Plaid+ Model S.

    But to speak to your point, the Plaid+ Model S isn't just a one-trick pony. Wasn't Elon's goal to outrun the Lucid Air on Buttonwillow or one of those Cali tracks? It's at least got some track prowess to it.


    Get 1,500kms of free supercharging credits when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

  6. #686
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Is [email protected] mph trap speed faster than a 1989 Mustang Coupe? Asking for SKR.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  7. #687
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,439
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like solid improvements, torque vectoring sounds cool. 190k is a bit of a lol but irrelevant.
    Easily in my top 61 picks for cars over $190k.

  8. #688
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg/Saint John
    My Ride
    MS & Q5
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I despise that steering wheel, but I like everything else. Won't be getting rid of my mine for this.

  9. #689
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I despise that steering wheel, but I like everything else. Won't be getting rid of my mine for this.
    Koala hater. You probably put ketchup in your cereal.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  10. #690
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    What does Tesla have against us Canadians?

    Base Model S is $81,190 US vs $114,990 CA for a 42% markup. Exchange has been hovering around 1.28-1.30 lately.

    The Plaid isn't as bad at $121,190 vs $159,990 for 32% and $141,190 vs $189,990 for 35% for the Plaid +

    But still the extra for Plaid + over the regular Plaid is $20K US vs $30K CA for a 50% difference. Do they really not want us to buy these?

    It is similar for the Model 3 which to be honest is a big reason I drive the car I do. In the US the price difference between the G70 3.3T Sport and the Model 3 isn't nearly as much as here in Canada. Same with every other manufacturer.

    It will be interesting to see how Ford prices the Mustang Mach E in Canada vs the US and same with Mercedes with the EQ models. If the Canadian models sell for more like a 15-20% premium like other vehicles in their fleets they might be really good deals in Canada.

  11. #691
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,260
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does Tesla have against us Canadians?

    Base Model S is $81,190 US vs $114,990 CA for a 42% markup. Exchange has been hovering around 1.28-1.30 lately.

    The Plaid isn't as bad at $121,190 vs $159,990 for 32% and $141,190 vs $189,990 for 35% for the Plaid +

    But still the extra for Plaid + over the regular Plaid is $20K US vs $30K CA for a 50% difference. Do they really not want us to buy these?

    It is similar for the Model 3 which to be honest is a big reason I drive the car I do. In the US the price difference between the G70 3.3T Sport and the Model 3 isn't nearly as much as here in Canada. Same with every other manufacturer.

    It will be interesting to see how Ford prices the Mustang Mach E in Canada vs the US and same with Mercedes with the EQ models. If the Canadian models sell for more like a 15-20% premium like other vehicles in their fleets they might be really good deals in Canada.
    Considering they sell every car they make, why wouldn’t they pocket a little extra bit off the top.

    Their buyers don’t seem to care how bad they get ripped off.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  12. #692
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg/Saint John
    My Ride
    MS & Q5
    Posts
    2,251
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Koala hater. You probably put ketchup in your cereal.
    This is just wrong.

  13. #693
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,864
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    @blownz Tesla is not a car company. Tesla is not a car company. Tesla is not a car company.

  14. #694
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70
    Posts
    992
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    lol

    Still bothers me. And I don't even really like them that much.

  15. #695
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,864
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    It would bother me too. But then again, I can't afford one either way.

  16. #696
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    I like the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  17. #697
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Some dude on Reddit's summary on the comparable EVs.

    jjqc64urn4e61.png

    Yes. I get that some of you fuckers hate the car. This is not for you so go fuck off in your fuck holes.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 01-28-2021 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  18. #698
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,864
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. I get that some of you fuckers hate the car. This is not for you so go fuck off in your fuck holes.
    well said sir. And you aren't completely wrong.

  19. #699
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,260
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Does Reddit have a row for ugly?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  20. #700
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,215
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Any of you with Teslas been driving much this week? Curious how they are handling this weather.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options)

    By RedDawn in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 297
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
  2. The market is unimpressed by Elon Musk's D

    By Mitsu3000gt in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 10-10-2014, 10:05 AM
  3. Elon Musk... world biggest solar panel company...?

    By Toma in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 06-21-2014, 10:45 PM
  4. Elon Musk's Newest Idea: Hyperloop

    By xnvy in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 30
    Latest Threads: 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM
  5. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

    By l8braker in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 6475
    Latest Threads: 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •