Quantcast
Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Overall, my view is that adding more chemical options to the mix MAY cause more harm than good, and is almost always about treating symptoms rather than treating the disease.
    This is a discussion I think it's worth having. I think for people that are doing well currently, you are probably right, adding more chemicals to the mix may not benefit them. However, in this world, there's a huge number of people who are NOT doing well, for a variety of reasons. Those poeple are often prescribed chemicals to help them cope, and sometimes those chemicals are ineffective or cause unwanted side effects. I think it's pretty reasonable for anyone in that situation to seek out additional treatment options including those not currently prescribed by their family doctor.

Maybe it's just my social circle, but the number of people I know who are really dissatisfied with their current prescription antidepressants is really high. You could say its:
    Name:  tenor.png
Views: 567
Size:  226.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I see how it can be seen as positive - but - look at how many of those people get pulled into that alleged larger consciousness and completely believe that now they've "seen the light" and understand "what's really goin on, Man"? Then they go shopping for robes, hair dye, man buns, incense, sunglasses that don't fit and sandals to help occupy their time because they certainly quit their job.
    Just because a set of hallucinogens consistently alter brain chemistry in such a way that yielded symptoms of third eye and altered time states etc (insert Joe Rogan talking to that Alex nut job or whoever else) etc doesn't make them reality. They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
    That sounds really really bad.

Although...
    If you were an inanimate potato in the first place, maybe that's an improvement!
    Who knows!!? LoL!
    No thats not what mean - many people think that this life is all there is and then poof, you disappear. Its depressing to many to think that we are here to live a completely meaningless existence.

Its not just shrooms either - many other psychedelics have the same, profound effect on people, realizing that you are not alone, ever and that there is something, far far greater than what we can see in this reality.

The term that scientists in consciousness studies use is a term called "non-local consciousness". Ie that our consciousness is not based solely in our brain.

I'm definitely not saying it's the same effect. I'm trying to say that the whole "let's find a drug that can seem to fix problems by altering perceptions of reality and call it the new #CureAll" is not the ideal path.
    For the most part, micro dosing mushrooms, which is really where this is going, does not make one high, so unlike weed it isn't altering your perception of things as a blanket. It is not unlike how people use anti-depressants. It isn't to fuck you up and forget but instead just tweaks the chemical balances in the brain alleviating certain issues while still being able to function in a perfectly normal fashion.

Now without a doubt there is the risk of abuse just as with any medication, but I think the damage to the body itself is not as prevalent as it is with more commonly used pharmaceuticals. I am all for testing and exploring these things as a treatment more naturally than with designed chemicals, but that said people need to be smart about it just as with anything mind altering.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    For the most part, micro dosing mushrooms, which is really where this is going, does not make one high, so unlike weed it isn't altering your perception of things as a blanket. It is not unlike how people use anti-depressants. It isn't to fuck you up and forget but instead just tweaks the chemical balances in the brain alleviating certain issues while still being able to function in a perfectly normal fashion.

Now without a doubt there is the risk of abuse just as with any medication, but I think the damage to the body itself is not as prevalent as it is with more commonly used pharmaceuticals. I am all for testing and exploring these things as a treatment more naturally than with designed chemicals, but that said people need to be smart about it just as with anything mind altering.
    You also can't keep taking the same dose in a matter of a couple of days at expect the same results. Changing the type of Mushroom or increasing the dose can alleviate that but once your in the 4g+ range it's kind of tough to actually eat that many mushrooms.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    You also can't keep taking the same dose in a matter of a couple of days at expect the same results. Changing the type of Mushroom or increasing the dose can alleviate that but once your in the 4g+ range it's kind of tough to actually eat that many mushrooms.
    Just make tea ... Seriously so much better and easier on the stomach

Also for therapeutic use you don’t dose every day. Most research studies talk about one or two doses per MONTH and the effects lasting a while. Which is why this is preferable to say popping a anti depressant every morning. And on top of that you typically would take <1 gram doses and would have minimal to no actual visual effects. Just a minor lighter mental state which is the point.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 10-16-2019 at 12:25 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Isn’t the whole point that the changes in pathways stick, so you don’t have to be continuously dosing everyday?

The shift to more natural drugs should be seen as a huge benefit.

Opioids just mask pain, and can cause huge social issues. Cannabis in its different states has shown to actually treat pain and inflammation

Same goes for the mental side of the spectrum. Antidepressants can have some pretty crazy side effects (especially if people come off of them too quickly). Most just release different chemicals to again... mask the issues whereas the research behind mushrooms is an actual rewiring. Powerful stuff

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

This is the youtube video with Joe Rogan and Paul Stamets.
    It was very insightful. I would encourage anyone with interest to watch the entire video.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I really like Paul Stamets. He has a lot of interesting ideas and has done a lot of work in the mycology world. I do believe that they fixed his stuttering, and that’s fascinating.

His ted talk on how mushrooms can help our planet is very interesting, I would highly encourage people to check it out if they want to learn a thing or two and have time. https://www.ted.com/talks/paul_stame...xt?language=en

Also, you don’t need to dose every day. One moderate dose can also have everlasting effects. There is a retreat in the Netherlands called essence that seems to have it right, the 3 day retreat looks like this:

1st day – Opening

When arriving at Essence Institute, you’ll be welcomed by the facilitators and meet other participants at the retreat. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the grounds. In addition, there will be time for discussing your intention(s), get clear on what you’re seeking from the retreat experience, and get all questions aswered.

○ 4:00 PM – Welcome, get to know each other, focus on intention, set, setting
    ○ 7:00 PM – Dinner
    ○ 8:00 PM – Explanation ceremony and preparation

2nd day – Deep Dive

On your second day, you’ll experience the psilocybin ceremony. In the morning, yoga and a body/breathwork session will be offered so you can ground yourself in your body. Then, you’ll get to experience a sacred ceremony where you’ll be given a high dose of psilocybin-truffles. You’ll be in a safe and serene setting, so you’ll be able to relax and let go. The actual psilocybin experience will last between 6 – 8 hours. Then, you’ll head off to a late dinner.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice
    ○ 9:00 AM – Breakfast
    ○ 10:00 AM – Bodywork & Breathwork
    ○ 12:00 PM – Meeting Circle
    ○ 1:00 PM – Essence Xperience Ceremony
    ○ 8:00 PM – Dinner

3rd day – Integration

No doubt you’ll have a profound experience when you go through the Ceremony, likely tapping into more creativity, clarity, mind expansion and non-duality. Because we don’t want you to lose sight of what insights and experiences you had, we’ll spend extensive time on your third day processing and integrating all that occurred.
    We want you to carry your breakthroughs and transformations with you when you return home, so we’ll provide guidance on how to maintain these changes long-term.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice and Breakfast
    ○ 10:00 AM – Sharing and Coaching
    ○ 12:00 PM – Lunch
    ○ 1:00 PM – Future Pace
    ○ 2:00 PM – Closure
    ○ 3:00 PM – End

More info at https://www.essence.nl/
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 10-16-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Also, you don’t need to dose every day. One moderate dose can also have everlasting effects. There is a retreat in the Netherlands called essence that seems to have it right, the 3 day retreat looks like this:

1st day – Opening

When arriving at Essence Institute, you’ll be welcomed by the facilitators and meet other participants at the retreat. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the grounds. In addition, there will be time for discussing your intention(s), get clear on what you’re seeking from the retreat experience, and get all questions aswered.

○ 4:00 PM – Welcome, get to know each other, focus on intention, set, setting
    ○ 7:00 PM – Dinner
    ○ 8:00 PM – Explanation ceremony and preparation

2nd day – Deep Dive

On your second day, you’ll experience the psilocybin ceremony. In the morning, yoga and a body/breathwork session will be offered so you can ground yourself in your body. Then, you’ll get to experience a sacred ceremony where you’ll be given a high dose of psilocybin-truffles. You’ll be in a safe and serene setting, so you’ll be able to relax and let go. The actual psilocybin experience will last between 6 – 8 hours. Then, you’ll head off to a late dinner.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice
    ○ 9:00 AM – Breakfast
    ○ 10:00 AM – Bodywork & Breathwork
    ○ 12:00 PM – Meeting Circle
    ○ 1:00 PM – Essence Xperience Ceremony
    ○ 8:00 PM – Dinner

3rd day – Integration

No doubt you’ll have a profound experience when you go through the Ceremony, likely tapping into more creativity, clarity, mind expansion and non-duality. Because we don’t want you to lose sight of what insights and experiences you had, we’ll spend extensive time on your third day processing and integrating all that occurred.
    We want you to carry your breakthroughs and transformations with you when you return home, so we’ll provide guidance on how to maintain these changes long-term.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice and Breakfast
    ○ 10:00 AM – Sharing and Coaching
    ○ 12:00 PM – Lunch
    ○ 1:00 PM – Future Pace
    ○ 2:00 PM – Closure
    ○ 3:00 PM – End

More info at https://www.essence.nl/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Psychedelics and stock market trading: (I have not listened to the whole thing yet, could be 100% bunk)

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-adedz-c36d73

My Ride
    Ford F150

I know a few people who have done long periods of microdosing and all of them raved about the long term benefits they experienced. Most of them were hard working, downtown corporate types. One was a lazy hippy. For reference.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Thanks JRS. He made some great points that I agree with, some not so much.

It really looks like health Canada doesn’t care much though. Mungus.ca was shutdown and received the following letter without severe penalties, I’m okay with operating if all I get is a slap on the wrist.

Name:  B2082735-4C24-4DEC-BFB0-3A3E53B77AAC.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  33.9 KB

Blue Goba received the same letter but are back up and running now.

In regards to safe and accurate dosing, that should ultimately be up to the end user in my opinion by testing the potency of the strains they are buying in small doses and dividing the product up accordingly. Like it was stated, Psilocybin content can vary drastically depending on the type of mushroom and growing conditions/spore quality.

Not too sound like some greedy dickhead, but the people I know who made 8 or 9 figures in cannabis were the ones who were already in the game prior to legalization. That’s the position I want to be in this time around.

My Ride

Thanks JRS. He made some great points that I agree with, some not so much.
    Agreed (on the snipped content also). And yes, I am all for making profit on it too. Would love to be in a position to do so.

I'm looking for a source right now for another round of MD with Psilocybin, it's been about 2 years since I did one. I have obtained enough LSD to run a decent course of MD as well since it also interests me.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I think a high end retreat is the way to go. The issue with retail online sales would be very little barriers to entry if that even will be the future legal model. Plus the nature of them is volume which leads to much more scrutiny from law enforcement if it does become a success. You really don’t want to be the Marc Emery of an industry.

Stick to low volume, high end markets. Make it more about a spiritual/healing concept than a recreational thing.

subscribed

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

The barriers to entry are having the balls to do it while the risk is still high in my opinion. I've been talking to a lot of the mail order mushroom companies and some of them are returning over $80k a month in sales and volumes are increasing steadily.

For those who like to consume, what's your favorite method? Tea, gummies, chocolates, capsules, straight up? It looks like a popular method will be the LEMON TEK method and making 0.5g candies or drink-shots. LEMON TEK converts the psilocybin into psilocin and speeds up the onset and shortens the duration of the effects.

My Ride

The barriers to entry are having the balls to do it while the risk is still high in my opinion. I've been talking to a lot of the mail order mushroom companies and some of them are returning over $80k a month in sales and volumes are increasing steadily.
    Where would one begin looking at becoming involved in that industry?
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I was involved with a company that sold cannabis edibles and concentrates online so it helped me get the insight I needed. You can always try getting in touch with some of the bigger retail cannabis outfits like Farmacy to see how they operated in the grey market before cannabis legalization.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 10-28-2019 at 01:00 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast