Quantcast
Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A billion dollars? Jesus son how many doses did you buy?
    Pffttt... peasant.

Thanks for the tips on legit places guys. I think this place was legit too, but maybe they got shut down and just haven't turned off the site via the host yet.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I figured I should post a follow-up, in case anyone on here actually uses this website. Much to my surprise, my order arrived yesterday. So their email is shut down, they don't respond to chat and they send out no confirmations of any sort - but somehow, I still got the product.

I feel a lot better about things and this alleviates my concerns that the owner(s) were just accepting payments from a scam perspective. It's still super sketch though.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I figured I should post a follow-up, in case anyone on here actually uses this website. Much to my surprise, my order arrived yesterday. So their email is shut down, they don't respond to chat and they send out no confirmations of any sort - but somehow, I still got the product.

I feel a lot better about things and this alleviates my concerns that the owner(s) were just accepting payments from a scam perspective. It's still super sketch though.
    Tell us about the product lol.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I only started it yesterday. First day, I took about 1/3 of a 300mg capsule. Nothing. Today I took the remaining 2/3rds. Nothing.

Some use 100mg and claim it has an effect, so I'm going full on 300mg tomorrow to see if these aren't just placebos.

I'm on ssri medication, which potentially blocks the effects, so that might play a factor. If I still feel nothing, I'm going 600 Friday night and if still nothing, it aint for me.

I should mention edible cannabis products don't do squat for me either...

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Glad to hear they showed up. Nupep was my go to before I had an endless supply.

You won’t get any feeling from the shrooms while taking any SSRI unfortunately. The idea would be to taper off your ssri medication to replace with microdose, not complement the treatment.

Good luck though!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't give medical advice on the internet but BB is correct, you want to taper the SSRIs and then use occasional psilocybin.

Don't stack the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I don't give medical advice on the internet but BB is correct, you want to taper the SSRIs and then use occasional psilocybin.

Don't stack the two.
    Thanks guys. I've been tapering off the SSRI to half dose for 2-3 weeks now with no decline in mental state nor withdrawal (the latter of which I used to get even missing one dose).

Now that I've been schooled by both of you, I'm gonna do a little more research on the interactions between the two.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Take care of yourself man. Best wishes.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Saw this on a website:
    !!Caution!! Do not mix magic mushroom products with alcohol or other anti-depression medication (SSRI) as it dulls the experience or blocks it completely.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Take care of yourself man. Best wishes.
    Thanks man.

I did more reading, and it appears that nobody really knows due to lack of studies. Generally speaking, the prevailing belief is that it CAN block the effects, but to what degree and frequency seems highly unknown.

While a lot of sources don't recommend combining the two, the main reasoning behind that appears to be lack of effectiveness and not inherent "dangers" of doing so - although one could guess the chances of serotonin syndrome may potentially increase.

I'm going to finish weening myself off the SSRI anyway, since I've been on it for many years and want to give my mind the opportunity to function without it. At that time, if I start feeling the issues come back I'll give the schrooms another try.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

As with all things relating to brain health, be gentle with yourself. Sounds like you are on the right track.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Heard a cool podcast about chronic pain and treatments. Apparently most successful treatments for long term chronic pain are on the path of "retraining your brain away from unhealthy patterns" and seems like that's also something that could be a rich avenue for psilocybin or other psychedelics.

Alright, so where's the place to buy? cannablossom.co, organicshroomcanada.ca, or nupepshrooms.com?

Also, which procedure to follow? Each site recommends something different.
    Organicshroomcanada has Lion’s Mane, Niacin, Ginger Root Extract and says 1-2 capsules 5 days on and 2 days off.
    While nupepshrooms has Organic Psilocybin, Ginkgo Biloba & Bacopa Monnieri and says 1 capsule every 3rd day.

Or does it even matter what other ingredients are present? From what I can see, the capsules vary from 100mg to 250mg.

Would like to give this micro-dosing thing a try. Maybe even try a bigger dose later down the road.
    Last edited by Xamim; 02-10-2022 at 04:07 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm of the opinion that the other ingredients are irrelevant. Find the capsule that had the dosage of the active ingredient you want.

In terms of regimen, there's a lot of different advice on that. I would say dosage probably depends on the usage / regimen. If you want to use during a normal day with no restrictions, maybe start with 100mg.

If you can "clear the decks" for a full day with no restrictions, then a larger-than-micro dose is good. I've done 1g while hanging around the house with the kids and that's manageable but I don't think I'd want more personally in that setting. Made cooking pretty enjoyable for sure.

I don't do any schedule.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamim View Post
    Alright, so where's the place to buy? cannablossom.co, organicshroomcanada.ca, or nupepshrooms.com?
    Organic is good, I have no complaints. Have not done a deep dive comparison. Valentine's sale right now.

I'm of the opinion that the other ingredients are irrelevant. Find the capsule that had the dosage of the active ingredient you want.

In terms of regimen, there's a lot of different advice on that. I would say dosage probably depends on the usage / regimen. If you want to use during a normal day with no restrictions, maybe start with 100mg.

If you can "clear the decks" for a full day with no restrictions, then a larger-than-micro dose is good. I've done 1g while hanging around the house with the kids and that's manageable but I don't think I'd want more personally in that setting. Made cooking pretty enjoyable for sure.

I don't do any schedule.

Organic is good, I have no complaints. Have not done a deep dive comparison. Valentine's sale right now.

Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards Organic, so the first hand experience is appreciated. You said you don't follow a schedule, so do you just take it continuously or when you feel that you need it? From what I've read so far it seems like people would micro dose for a while and then take a break for a month or two and reassess.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not continous. Occasional.

Not continous. Occasional.
    Okay, sounds good. Thanks again.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again." I tried haha.

I buy actual whole mushroooms (golden teachers) and grind them up using my magic bullet. I weigh out 0.05 on my scale and let it sit on my tongue for a bit before swallowing. Monday Wednesday and Friday are my micro dose days. Been working well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I only started it yesterday. First day, I took about 1/3 of a 300mg capsule. Nothing. Today I took the remaining 2/3rds. Nothing.

Some use 100mg and claim it has an effect, so I'm going full on 300mg tomorrow to see if these aren't just placebos.

I'm on ssri medication, which potentially blocks the effects, so that might play a factor. If I still feel nothing, I'm going 600 Friday night and if still nothing, it aint for me.

I should mention edible cannabis products don't do squat for me either...
    SSRI does block some of the effects. I'm on anti depressants/anxiety medication but the doctor said its not an SSRI (bupropion hcl xl 150mg). Would like to come off them soon

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Was marijuana the first big breathrough? How it cures everything?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast