Quantcast
Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Default Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

Over the last year or so I have gained a keen interest in pyslicibin mushrooms and the positive impacts they can have on various disorders, conditions and overall well being.

In the last couple of years there has been some good research/studies and findings from various institutions including John Hopkins.

https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/publications

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0279107

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ealth-medicine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8929796.html

There are already Psilocybin mushroom retreats in the Netherlands where they are legal that have very positive reviews and I can see these becoming something in Canada over the next several years.

Figured it might be an interesting discussion. Cheers.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 10-15-2019 at 09:27 PM.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Funny but there is a school of thought that mushrooms floated into the earths atmosphere on the tail of a comet (mushroom spores are able to survive in a vacuum and are extremely hard shelled and are able to reflect UV light) and are responsible for providing primitive man (through ingestion-either orally or by breathing in the spores) with modern intelligence and self awareness.
    Mushrooms breathe oxygen and exhale Co2 and contain no chlorophyll like other plants. In fact they are more closely related to animal life (arthropods) than plants.
    They really are magic mushrooms!

My Ride
    Axis powers

There's a subreddit called microdosing that has some interesting results
    Sig nuked by mod.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:18 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over the last year or so I have gained a keen interest in pyslicibin mushrooms and the positive impacts they can have on various disorders, conditions and overall well being.

In the last couple of years there has been some good research/studies and findings from various institutions including John Hopkins.

https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/publications

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0279107

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ealth-medicine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a8929796.html

There are already Psilocybin mushroom retreats in the Netherlands where they are legal that have very positive reviews and I can see these becoming something in Canada over the next several years.

I really want to get involved with the cultivation, research and sale of this medicine. I know it is currently considered a schedule 1 drug, but there are many MoMs operating online that have not been shit down by the government. Would there be a legal way to become involved with this drug before a motion for legalizations becomes? I see a major opportunity here. Cheers.
    There’s a medicinal shroom dispensary operating in Vancouver. Technically still illegal but being Vancouver the cops have more concern with opioids. Should check into that

My Ride
    *The First*

Well it's been about 363 days of some other chemical that radically alters one's perception and state being completely legal and readily available.
    Shouldn't about 20% of society's problems be fixed by now? If not, then when? We've all been hearing people for decades say that legalized cannabis is "medicine" and the answer to ______ problems. Well, here we are after 12 solid months of it. Where's the radical increase in social health and what new bridge/structure/monument/art have we built with the billions of new tax dollars collected?

I'm not coming from a vehement War On Drugs stance but I just think it's a reach to laude hallucinogens, depressants or stimulants as doing much more than helping people to get fucked up to fill a void somewhere else in their life. I feel like if alcohol was illegal, there would be this giant culture of people demanding its legalization and singing the praises of its medicinal and environmentally sustainable properties.
    I think we have the experience to say they'd be wrong.

So, what is it about humans that makes us SO tempted to hear & accept positive things about drugs?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

What I understand is that some of these drugs, that make you feel a sense of being a part of a larger consciousness group, can have a profound positive effect on many.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    What I understand is that some of these drugs, that make you feel a sense of being a part of a larger consciousness group, can have a profound positive effect on many.
    I see how it can be seen as positive - but - look at how many of those people get pulled into that alleged larger consciousness and completely believe that now they've "seen the light" and understand "what's really goin on, Man"? Then they go shopping for robes, hair dye, man buns, incense, sunglasses that don't fit and sandals to help occupy their time because they certainly quit their job.
    Just because a set of hallucinogens consistently alter brain chemistry in such a way that yielded symptoms of third eye and altered time states etc (insert Joe Rogan talking to that Alex nut job or whoever else) etc doesn't make them reality. They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
    That sounds really really bad.

Although...
    If you were an inanimate potato in the first place, maybe that's an improvement!
    Who knows!!? LoL!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Apparently you can just buy a kit right off teh intarwebz : http://www.magicmushroomkit.ca/
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
    !
    By what objective measure can you state that it's not reality, it's another perception of it just like the one we already have. I don't know anyone who has undertaken a regimented therapeutic use of mushrooms or lsd who believes their "non-drugged" life is a lie. I know several though who live/perceive their life differently now and who have a much greater level of personal happiness (all of whom still hold down jobs and would be considered regular people not crazy hippies). I wouldn't be so quick to discount such things personally.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think assuming weed and shrooms have the same effect on someone's perception of the "rest" of thier life is a big leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

I see how it can be seen as positive - but - look at how many of those people get pulled into that alleged larger consciousness and completely believe that now they've "seen the light" and understand "what's really goin on, Man"? Then they go shopping for robes, hair dye, man buns, incense, sunglasses that don't fit and sandals to help occupy their time because they certainly quit their job.
    Just because a set of hallucinogens consistently alter brain chemistry in such a way that yielded symptoms of third eye and altered time states etc (insert Joe Rogan talking to that Alex nut job or whoever else) etc doesn't make them reality. They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
    That sounds really really bad.

Although...
    If you were an inanimate potato in the first place, maybe that's an improvement!
    Who knows!!? LoL!
    this guy has never taken mushrooms.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I find the stoned ape theory to be interesting. I don’t quite buy it, but I could certainly see why it could be hypothetical.

This excerpt from The Journal of Psychopharmacolog is quite intriguing - “Consistent with participant claims of hallucinogen-occasioned increases in aesthetic appreciation, imagination, and creativity, we found significant increases in Openness following a high-dose psilocybin session. In participants who had mystical experiences during their psilocybin session, Openness remained significantly higher than baseline more than 1 year after the session. The findings suggest a specific role for psilocybin and mystical-type experiences in adult personality change.”

Would be interesting to see if it would have an effect on somebody with a personality disorder such as narcissism.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs...urnalCode=jopa

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Apparently you can just buy a kit right off teh intarwebz : http://www.magicmushroomkit.ca/
    That kit is no good. If people are interested in cultivating them the best method is to do PF-TEK and buy spores https://www.spores101.co/Golden-Teacher-_p_28.html. Or at least that’s what my research suggests.

Dana Larsen, the guy in Vancouver started in 2018 and is still selling micro doses for absurd money. His company is called The Medicinal Mushroom Dispensary.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think assuming weed and shrooms have the same effect on someone's perception of the "rest" of thier life is a big leap.
    I'm definitely not saying it's the same effect. I'm trying to say that the whole "let's find a drug that can seem to fix problems by altering perceptions of reality and call it the new #CureAll" is not the ideal path.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

What’s the point of participating in a discussion if your not willing to learn anything?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    By what objective measure can you state that it's not reality, it's another perception of it just like the one we already have. I don't know anyone who has undertaken a regimented therapeutic use of mushrooms or lsd who believes their "non-drugged" life is a lie. I know several though who live/perceive their life differently now and who have a much greater level of personal happiness (all of whom still hold down jobs and would be considered regular people not crazy hippies). I wouldn't be so quick to discount such things personally.
    Yes, and I'm not saying job loss and Birkenstocks come out 100% of the time. But it sure as fuck is a number a lot bigger than zero. I still see pot-heads I went to high school with who burn through an insane amount of weed, every day... In their mom's basement.

Overall, my view is that adding more chemical options to the mix MAY cause more harm than good, and is almost always about treating symptoms rather than treating the disease.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    What’s the point of participating in a discussion if your not willing to learn anything?
    Well, it's not really a "discussion" if you only want the pro side without any cons, but fine. I think I'll leave. I don't really want to devote much time to this subject, I suppose.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Yes, and I'm not saying job loss and Birkenstocks come out 100% of the time. But it sure as fuck is a number a lot bigger than zero. I still see pot-heads I went to high school with who burn through an insane amount of weed, every day... In their mom's basement.

Overall, my view is that adding more chemical options to the mix MAY cause more harm than good, and is almost always about treating symptoms rather than treating the disease.
    Again though, you're classifying an entirely different thing with weed. I disagree with your assertion that you are treating symptoms as opposed to disease as these elements (when used properly and with purpose) can rewire your brain, your perception of self/your environment and bring cessation to many symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other psychological conditions. All with far less side effects than the myriad of benzos, etc. that are so loosely prescribed as a bandaid. NOTHING is a 100% all out miracle "cure" but there is considerable potential in these things.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I’d love to hear about the con side if you have any research backing your claims.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'm definitely not saying it's the same effect. I'm trying to say that the whole "let's find a drug that can seem to fix problems by altering perceptions of reality and call it the new #CureAll" is not the ideal path.
    There’s no one stop cure all. But if a small dose and a therapy session helps someone overcome their addiction or ptsd is it not worth it? Heck even if it only helps them for a month isn’t that still worth exploring the research?

Alcohol and tobacco are legal despite having significant negative health effects. Mushrooms are likely no worse than those. And of course there are side effects, every medication on earth has some. In particular psychosis and hppd are real things, but again maybe it could help someone that can’t try other therapy routes.

Also just because some stupid stoners preach that weed cures cancer like idiots doesn’t discount that it can be beneficial for some individuals even though some will abuse it. That’s just life

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast