Quantcast
2500 DOS Classic games now available at Internet Archive - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2500 DOS Classic games now available at Internet Archive

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

Default 2500 DOS Classic games now available at Internet Archive

So the internet archive just got 2500 Dos games that you can play through their site.

Link to the archive: https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

CNET article: https://www.cnet.com/news/internet-a...elive-the-90s/

If you loved playing MS-DOS games in the '90s like 3D Bomber, Zool and Alien Rampage, you can now replay those, and many more, with the latest update from Internet Archive.

On Sunday, Internet Archive released 2,500 MS-DOS games that includes action, strategy and adventure titles. Some of the games are Vor Terra, Spooky Kooky Monster Maker, Princess Maker 2 and I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

"This will be our biggest update yet, ranging from tiny recent independent productions to long-forgotten big-name releases from decades ago," Internet Archive software curator Jason Scott wrote on the site's blog.

One game that might trigger a few memories is the 1992 action-adventure horror game Alone in the Dark, published by Infogrames. In the game, you can play private investigator Edward Carnby or family member Emily Hartwood, who are investigating the suspicious death of Jeremy Hartwood in his Louisiana mansion called Derceto, which is now supposedly haunted.

Fighting against rats, zombies and giant worms, you have to solve a number of puzzles to escape.

Another retro game included by Internet Archive is a 1994 title played on PCs and Amiga computers called Mr. Blobby (a remake of the SNES game Super Troll Islands). The unusual game, published by Millennium Interactive, is based on the BBC's TV show character Mr. Blobby from the British TV show Noel's House Party.

Players can choose from three different characters -- Mr. Blobby, Mrs. Blobby and Baby Blobby. The goal of the game is to color in the computer screen by walking over it. Levels include climbing ladders, avoiding spikes and bouncing on springs.

The Internet Archive is a nonprofit digital library that archives digital versions of computer games, books, audio recordings and videos. For gamers looking for more vintage games, Internet Archive has been preserving and adding games from the '80s and '90s on a regular basis. Last year, the site added more than 200 retro LCD and LED games including Karnov and Battletoads.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Didn't they do something similar a few years ago? I swear this isn't the first time I've heard of this.

My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150

To be honest I am not sure (learned it yesterday) but it was great playing some classic games last night.

Nice. On a complete longshot, does anyone know the final version of Nethack (3.6?)
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't they do something similar a few years ago? I swear this isn't the first time I've heard of this.
    I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the thread title so you're not alone there.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    It happens a lot because games have a time frame that they can't be considered abandonware. I'm not sure what the time frame is, but when that happens they are free to distribute as they please.
    Last edited by firebane; 10-16-2019 at 08:43 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is dopewars in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Commander Keen? Fuck yes! No willy beamish though, these games brings back some old memories, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: NVM I found Willy Beamish to!! Well, I know what I am doing this weekend on site
    Last edited by Skrilla; 10-16-2019 at 03:13 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the thread title so you're not alone there.
    The project started back in 2015, they just announced huge update to the collection.

https://blog.archive.org/2019/10/13/...t-the-archive/