Quantcast
Food vs Genetics - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Food vs Genetics

My Ride
    100% SAVAGE

Well, it's easy to eat an extra 1000 calories and it's much harder to burn that same amount, but you are right that for a variety of reasons, some people have immense difficulty in lowering thier caloric intake.

Others find it less of a struggle. But the effectiveness of lowering your caloric intake for weight loss is pretty widely agreed upon.
    Double-meat sub dreams.
    Public Mobile referral code: 88M4Y9
    Smiles for free: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411...something-nice

Sure but say you take two healthy people of equal size, who consume an equal amount of calories and do an equal amount of exercise each day.

If one consumes 2000 cal exclusively from sugar and one consumes 2000 cal from a balanced diet, I don't believe they'll have an equal outcome.

So maybe it's good that the ratio is so lopsided because we need to emphasize not just the amount but also the type of food we eat.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure but say you take two healthy people of equal size, who consume an equal amount of calories and do an equal amount of exercise each day.

If one consumes 2000 cal exclusively from sugar and one consumes 2000 cal from a balanced diet, I don't believe they'll have an equal outcome.

So maybe it's good that the ratio is so lopsided because we need to emphasize not just the amount but also the type of food we eat.
    In your above scenario, are you measuring body comp or weight as the intended outcome?

My Ride
    '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anything other than sugar and starch uses calories to digest. Protein uses the most energy to break down and results in the least net energy after absorbed.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Calling @scboss and @heavyfuel

I don't know much about this kinda stuff but always cool to learn new things.

I've been seeing ads about that documentary on plant-based diets and how pro athletes have been adopting it. Has anyone seen it? Thoughts?

All I know is that nutrition and diet is about sustainability and moderation. And then you supplement diet to accelerate those gains and that working out is different from bodybuilding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3