Quantcast
Anybody just not voting?! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anybody just not voting?!

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by civicHB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a comparison, the US voter participation.

2004 55.7%
    2008 58.2%
    2012 54.9%
    2016 55.5% (estimated)
    Isn't it the US that says:
    -If you vote, you may be chosen for jury duty
    -If you don't, you don't

Whereas in Canada you are registered onto both lists regardless?

Do I have that wrong?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Again not voting is not an expression of apathy. It's an expression of understanding of simple statistics.

No, you're using statistics to make you feel better about your apathy. You're not adding value to your life for every second you're awake, saying that spending 30 minutes once every 4 years to vote is a waste of your time is just an excuse. But you've already convinced yourself so really no point arguing with you

2015 Calgary Center. 1%, 750 vote difference. I'm sure there were 750 "statisticians" in that riding.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    So your telling me that you want someone who knows fuck all about politics, whose running, who the parties are etc etc to go and vote? Why?

I have no interest.. I'm not going to sit down and research something I have no care in the world about nor will I ever.

Its your attitude that makes people who don't vote.. choose to even vote less because you try to force your ways, opinions and thoughts on to others.

let us non-voters be and we'll leave you voters be and we will all live in a happy world
    https://votecompass.cbc.ca/canada/

Take 3 minutes and get educated. No excuses now

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

Forgot about that tool, surprised me last time and again this time, food for thought thanks

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Forgot about that tool, surprised me last time and again this time, food for thought thanks
    I use it for every election before diving deeper

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    2015 Calgary Center. 1%, 750 vote difference. I'm sure there were 750 "statisticians" in that riding.
    Indulge me here as my cynicism shows but, what relevance does that one seat have? If you're not the party in power in that riding you can do.....nothing? If you are the party in power your (the successful candidate) personal beliefs and political wants, if they aren't in line with the party proper, mean......nothing? Isn't it pretty much if you're an MP you're voting with the party no matter what you think or you'll end up removed? EDIT - where that was going is that, in a region where the specific few seats have no bearing on the national outcome then what is really gained even if your particular "party" wins that seat? I'm not trying to argue, I'm asking about the big picture relevance.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-18-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post

Perhaps for people who care about voting.. Again.. I don't.

Not making excuses.. stating facts.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    No, you're using statistics to make you feel better about your apathy. You're not adding value to your life for every second you're awake, saying that spending 30 minutes once every 4 years to vote is a waste of your time is just an excuse. But you've already convinced yourself so really no point arguing with you
    Lacks moral reasoning. Megalomania at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    again not voting is not an expression of apathy. It's an expression of misunderstanding of simple statistics.
    ftfy

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Indulge me here as my cynicism shows but, what relevance does that one seat have? If you're not the party in power in that riding you can do.....nothing? If you are the party in power your (the successful candidate) personal beliefs and political wants, if they aren't in line with the party proper, mean......nothing? Isn't it pretty much if you're an MP you're voting with the party no matter what you think or you'll end up removed? EDIT - where that was going is that, in a region where the specific few seats have no bearing on the national outcome then what is really gained even if your particular "party" wins that seat? I'm not trying to argue, I'm asking about the big picture relevance.

Because these self proclaimed statisticians that don't vote, literally have the power to change the outcome of every single seat in Canada as a whole.

I'm not some holier than thou type who is going to chastise anyone for not voting. If you want to flush your vote along with the other huge percent of non voters, go right ahead, it's a free country. But don't pretend that a vote doesn't count, because every vote DOES count.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

A majority of the population NOT voting is a far bigger statement than a spoiled ballot as far as I'm concerned. The right to vote and the right not to vote are equally fought for - it's a freedom of choice. All any of these shit politicians will likely ultimately do with increased apathy is make voting a legal obligation eventually which will just spit in the face of freedom of choice.
    I'm going to disagree with this statement, a spoiled ballot is an act of disapproval, whereas not voting is a show of being content with the current situation. You prove exactly nothing by not voting and basically say "everything is fine here".
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I'm going to disagree with this statement, a spoiled ballot is an act of disapproval, whereas not voting is a show of being content with the current situation. You prove exactly nothing by not voting and basically say "everything is fine here".
    That may be true, is there any historical use of data between non-voters and spoiled ballots by Elections Canada or any of the parties? What I mean is, do they use any of that info. objectively to determine what needs to change to stop absenteeism or spoiling of ballots?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Any activity that has zero value to me, is by definition the last thing I should be doing. By definition ANY other activity has more value. So wasting time watching cat videos is more useful to me than doing something else that has zero value. It's not apathy - I have quite an interest in politics. It's just being able to rank order high-value vs low value vs zero value activities.

You could make that argument for any riding really, and in the grand scheme of things none of them individually really make a difference. In the case of my riding, I really dislike one of the candidates, and I don't want to see them elected (re-elected ), that's all.

My Ride
    is broken

Only comment I want to make is that our ballets should have a "All the above are idiots"
    I bet turn out would improve 20% with that line.

I think its good stats to see that our voters are unhappy with the choices presented.

I fully intended to vote in the advance polls... but I ended up finding a bunch of other productive things to do and forgot to vote. Enjoyed my long weekend, don't regret one bit.

Monday October 21 is the last chance to vote and am less inclined to go now. I certainly don't want to take time out of work to vote (that would be setting a bad example to employees; remember someone has to house and feed those poor french-speaking children that are dependent on us). Regardless of party, Feds don't care for our opinion.

I'd like to see Phoenix have a full meltdown on Tuesday October 22 and 3/4 of the civil servants get pink slips, and those remaining have to reapply for their jobs.

On second thought, I'm not voting. I'm normally an easy going productive member of society when I don't introduce politics in my life. Every bad mood I've experienced this last month can be attributed to this political cycle. Less elections, more long weekends.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    Less elections, more long weekends.
    Now THAT’S a campaign slogan
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    Less elections, more long weekends.
    @e31 for King!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Bunch of liars in this thread. My vote didn’t count for shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast