Quantcast
Costco Tire Dept: called few times but no answer...open hours? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Costco Tire Dept: called few times but no answer...open hours?

Default Costco Tire Dept: called few times but no answer...open hours?

Have tires on my car that were bought from Costco. One has a leak...would lose 5 psi/day. Don't see anything on sidewalls.

Called Costco Tire Dept a few times but no answer (probably cuz they are busy). When do they open so that I can go there first thing and get first dibs for them to look at the leak? The last time I went, they were opened at 6 am...then again, that was during tire changing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Seks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have tires on my car that were bought from Costco. One has a leak...would lose 5 psi/day. Don't see anything on sidewalls.

Called Costco Tire Dept a few times but no answer (probably cuz they are busy). When do they open so that I can go there first thing and get first dibs for them to look at the leak? The last time I went, they were opened at 6 am...then again, that was during tire changing season.
    Should've bought from tirebob.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    bus

Costco is extremely hard to get ahold of, you need to show up in person to make an appointment.

You should've bought from tirebob

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Everytime I've walked by the Tire Dept, they have 1 maybe 2 people working the front counter and theres always customers lined up as well so answering the phones isn't priority if they are busy.

You should've bought from tirebob
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Did it have the leak from Day 1? I could see that as being a warranty issue potentially, but once it's been driven I don't see how you'd prove it. Just take it to any other tire shop and get it fixed. The $30 repair or whatever isn't worth the hassle of continually trying to get into the tire department at Costco.

And next time, buy from Tirebob.

Went to Costco at opening. 45 min later got a call from tire dept while I was still in the store. Multi punctures on the tire (RR), not being able to repair. 100% warranty free replacement so $0. But should change other tire (LR). Cost of replacement tire on the LR would be based on how much thread is left (About 35%) or kms on it (103k) so $93. Since car is AWD, recommend to change all four. Agreed to it since I was gonna change them all in spring. $150/each for the LF and RF. And these are diff model tires (Michelin X Tour A/S). Costco doesn't carry Defender XT anymore.

Unexpected spending today :\

ON a side note, I'm taking my car in for service this Fri. I know my alignment is a wee bit off. Should I get it done? Or should I wait until I've driven a few 1000s km on the new tires?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Do your alignment. You might get uneven wear on your new tires.

Next time buy from Tirebob.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Did it have the leak from Day 1? I could see that as being a warranty issue potentially, but once it's been driven I don't see how you'd prove it. Just take it to any other tire shop and get it fixed. The $30 repair or whatever isn't worth the hassle of continually trying to get into the tire department at Costco.

And next time, buy from Tirebob.
    Doesn't matter. Costco will fix any flat for free (well, "free" as in it's part of the price of the initial purchase).

If he bought from Tirebob though, he would do the same, and already have it done.

My Ride
    AP1

In the past I bought my tires from UrbanX. I agree they provide excellent service, but I don't think they price match Costco do they?

Price is the main reason everyone buys from Costco isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by EF9 Sedan View Post
    In the past I bought my tires from UrbanX. I agree they provide excellent service, but I don't think they price match Costco do they?

Price is the main reason everyone buys from Costco isn't it?
    Actually can't stand Costco, haven't had a membership in over 15 years.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I wouldn't buy tires from a grocery store, but that's just me.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    bus

Costco may be cheaper but the time you waste trying to get an appointment for installation and the time it takes for any type of repair negates any savings imo.

My Ride
    *The First*

Bump.
    I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon but now work is looking like a gong show, so I'd like to drop it off in the morning, but before the main warehouse opens. I can't miss work.
    Does anyone recall how early the Tire Shop is actually open? Years ago I got told to show up at either 06:00 or 07:00 to snag one of the elusive "walk-in" spots and I'd like to just drop my car off then.

Yes, their service is a pain because they're cheap, so they're eternally booked and don't answer the phone and should've TireBob, etc.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-21-2019 at 09:56 PM.

My Ride
    *The First*

I guess I'll update since no one was able to help.
    The store I was at does not "open early" for people to snag the 3-5 walk-in spots or drop keys, and, the people that show up are the dumbest collection of fucks I've seen since the last time I was in Halifax... (And the number of people I've come across in Halifax who are "Sean Connery on Celebrity Jeopardy" level of stupid is 6x higher than anywhere else I've traveled). So, it was quite a scene.

Finally, you get to hand your keys in and fuck off but because it's the busier season, they don't call you when it's done and they do NOT answer their phone, evaarrrr. It looks like they're using a weird wax instead of the ol camel jizz for rim slip and it looks like shit on both the wheels and tires.

So it's cheap as fuck and I don't think I'm all the way to "never again" but it was a needlessly convoluted experience to save some money.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Only half related, but I tried to make an appointment at urbanX today, but no answer and can't leave a message. I'm not in a rush, so I'll call tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Only half related, but I tried to make an appointment at urbanX today, but no answer and can't leave a message. I'm not in a rush, so I'll call tomorrow.
    PM bob works best
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I always just drop in to make an App. at Urban.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

Costco has this fancy new thing called the internet where you can order your tires and have them sent to the center of your choice. Once they get there, a costco employee phones you to make an appointment. Drop your car off at the appointment time, go for a shop, and drive your car home with new tires. It was painless when I did it this summer and significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

Quote Originally Posted by mikestypes View Post
    Costco has this fancy new thing called the internet where you can order your tires and have them sent to the center of your choice. Once they get there, a costco employee phones you to make an appointment. Drop your car off at the appointment time, go for a shop, and drive your car home with new tires. It was painless when I did it this summer and significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
    so much this. ordered two sets this year and both times were completely painless and saved at least $200 on each set.

to be fair though, don't have experience with them during busy season as both sets were purchased in spring/summer. i assume lead time for appts and getting a hold of someone on the phone is tougher these days.

But if you know exactly what you want, know how to use the internet, and want to save money, costco online is the best choice.

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Quote Originally Posted by mikestypes View Post
    I did this for my winters last year. Easy as pie. Bought my summers elsewhere because they said they wouldn't deviate from the OE sizing. Has the place where I bought my summers do my winter changeovers this year and got in before the rush!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast