Quantcast
The last time you got a ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The last time you got a ticket

Default The last time you got a ticket

I was perusing the 'Ticket Reduction' thread and it sure seems like a fair number of people regularly get tickets. I'm not even sure how long ago it was that I last got a ticket, at least 5 years ago.

As such, when was the last time any of you got a ticket and are some of you regularly getting tickets? Some people in that thread have been dealing with multiple tickets, something I've never experienced - what are y'all doing to get multiple tickets?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

December 2012.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

2006 or 2007. Can't recall the year, just that I was in my Mustang.

Shocking how many people here get tickets though, I think I made a poll about it a few years ago.

My Ride
    POS

Photoradar about once or twice a year and pulled over about once every 5-10 years. In about the last 6 years it was all mostly because I travel/drive a lot for work. Tickets are normally speeding <20 over the limit, nothing too crazy or at least never clocked for more than that.....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rolling stop at a 4-way in rimbey on July long last year. Before that it had been a decade at least for any in-person tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Over a decade for a photo radar in Calgary, and once in 1999 in Vancouver, speeding on a rainy night.

I drive about 9 over everywhere in the city. Most of the city thresholds are 11 over.

I also rode a (litre) bike for about 10 years..... I still cannot believe I never got a ticket. Maxing out a bikes' top speed in Banff at sunset on a summers night, while racing an AMG convertible on the 4 lane section, was just one (silly) example. I tended to never speed on straights as thats where the fuzz usually parks. It was much better to go fast in corners.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-19-2019 at 09:50 PM.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

March of 2004 and previous before that was 1994 or so.

Most of my driving is highway and I usually only go 5-7 km over the 100 km/h limit. Though I could have gotten the book thrown at me a couple of weeks ago but an awesome RCMP officer let me off with a warning.

My Ride
    06 TL

I got one for a U-turn earlier this summer but was able to get it thrown out...before that it had been a few years.

There's something like 400k tickets given out a year in Calgary so of the driving population that would be around 1 in 2 people get one a year or (more likely) a large chunk of the population is getting multiple tickets per year.

One lady (not a beyonder) sent me 5 tickets recently, all photo radar and all received in July/Aug. A few were from the same camera a couple weeks apart...she must be spending more on tickets than on car payments

My Ride
    4x4

4 years ago expired license... 6 years ago rolled a stop sign on a very rural highway access.

Before that it was 90s. Lol

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Got one for 71 coming up center street hill over lunch hour (I’d love to see someone who does the speed limit on that stretch) back in July. Paid my penance and moved on.

Prior to that? Never in over 10 years of driving.

Last edited by killramos; 10-19-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    4 years ago expired license... 6 years ago rolled a stop sign on a very rural highway access.

Before that it was 90s. Lol
    Hah, I got pulled over for an expired DL about a month ago. Officer asked me why he pulled me over and I dais I honestly didn't have a clue. He then asked me if I had had a birthday recently and I figured it out. He asked if there was someone else in the vehicle who could drive the vehicle, my son and I switched seats and we were on our way.

- - - Updated - - -

Got one for 71 coming up center street hill over lunch hour (I’d love to see someone who does the speed limit on that stretch) back in July. Paid my penance and moved on.

Prior to that? Never in over 10 years of driving.

I always do the speed limit up or down that stretch of Centre Street, actually watch my speed very closely as I'd rather my money stay in my pocket.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Hah, I got pulled over for an expired DL about a month ago. Officer asked me why he pulled me over and I dais I honestly didn't have a clue. He then asked me if I had had a birthday recently and I figured it out. He asked if there was someone else in the vehicle who could drive the vehicle, my son and I switched seats and we were on our way.
    I was DD. We had to wait for someone to come rescue us.

8+ months expired, probably handed it to a dozen rcmp in that time (usual process on certain tows) probably another dozen times i handed it over due to child custody issues to cps and rcmp... Not a single one mentioned it was expired.

The joy.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

September 26, 2012. Made a right turn on a red light when I wasn't supposed to and wouldn't you know it? A cop was at the intersection.

Before that was Sept 11, 2000. Speeding.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Never had one in Alberta. 16 years strong.

In BC I had enough that they mailed a letter to my Alberta address saying my "BC license" was suspended. That was about 10 years ago or so.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    *The First*

I think 2001 outside of that insufferable shit hole, Valemount, BC. It's got to be 60 for 10km on either side of that one-horse hamlet and the irritating police there are always out for blood. Actual trap, pullover ticket.
    One photo radar while lost in an alleged 30 zone in maybe 2008.

I was perusing the 'Ticket Reduction' thread and it sure seems like a fair number of people regularly get tickets. I'm not even sure how long ago it was that I last got a ticket, at least 5 years ago.

As such, when was the last time any of you got a ticket and are some of you regularly getting tickets? Some people in that thread have been dealing with multiple tickets, something I've never experienced - what are y'all doing to get multiple tickets?
    Living in Edmonton and driving to and from work. Routinely do about 15 over the limit(115km/h) on Henday. That led to 2 license suspensions due to multiple tickets for going with the flow of traffic. I've since just decided to say fuck safety, and just set my cruise control literally everywhere I go in Edmonton. Meanwhile, distracted drivers are allowed to cause me near death experiences on a daily basis.

Calgarians generally don't get it since their traffic enforcement has some semblance of reason to it. Edmonton area is the most insanely over policed roads in all of Canada besides highway 63 between Fort Mac and Grassland.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I was DD. We had to wait for someone to come rescue us.

8+ months expired, probably handed it to a dozen rcmp in that time (usual process on certain tows) probably another dozen times i handed it over due to child custody issues to cps and rcmp... Not a single one mentioned it was expired.

The joy.
    What have you been doing that has resulted in you handing over your ID to the RCMP a dozen times (not the custody issues)?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What have you been doing that has resulted in you handing over your ID to the RCMP a dozen times (not the custody issues)?
    He was a tow truck driver, and it was the "usual process on certain tows" I've heard.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I got a TINT ticket about 3 years ago.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Bicycle

Pull over with warning - last year

Pull over with ticket - 10+ year

Photo radar - every 2-3 years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast