Quantcast
The last time you got a ticket - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The last time you got a ticket

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was a tow truck driver, and it was the "usual process on certain tows" I've heard.
    the ones where a chain of custody is maintained.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:17 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I was rolling through Okotoks in my neatfreak carpet cleaning van. I was putt-putting through a school zone. I come up to a light and stopped. A cop rolls up a second later.

I make a right turn, he follows and pulls me over. I asked him where he was and how he could have possibly measured my speed, and he said he didn't have to show me and handed me a ticket. Doucher.

My Ride
    Eclipse

ummmmm in calgary maybe 10 years ago? In Europe I think i got like 5-6 speeding tickets and one turning left where im not suppose to, which was complete bullshit cause the guy didn't understand my license and didn't speak English so I had to translate my own ticket to him and than pay it, that was annoying, it was only like $70.

I should of pretended I don't speak Polish.

I didn't mind in Europe to speed you either bribe them(depending on the country like Croatia) or pay the ticket on the spot so I always just made sure to have some cash on me
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Weird. Expired registration is one thing, but for a cop to determine who is actually driving and that their license is expired and then to pull them over for THAT reason seems... unlikely, but not impossible, I'm sure.
    Officer said they ran my plate because they're doing that all the time. When he came up to me he asked me if I was the registered owner which I am.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Pull over with warning - last year.
    I have never in my life been given a warning for a traffic violation. If I get pulled over, it's a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have never in my life been given a warning for a traffic violation. If I get pulled over, it's a ticket.
    Got to cup the balls while you perform the act. Rookie mistake.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My white privilege isn't working.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to killramos again

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I've managed to talk myself out of several (non-speeding) during vehicle stops. Best thing is to admit fault and offer profuse apologies - cops almost NEVER get this roadside - usually its whining or anger.

For speeding-related stops, esp with lidar traps with traffic members - dont even bother talking. Complete waste of time - just hand over your docs. They have pre-written tickets already in many cases (eg. Ponoka).

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:16 AM.

My white privilege isn't working.
    You're just not doing it right. Decades I was let off with a warning after running a red (following a semi too close), then discovered my registration and insurance papers were at home, that was a nice officer. Also got off with a warning after being pulled over for speeding on John Laurie a few decades on a motorbike, 145 in a 70 zone.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Learn to follow protocol and be respectful and nice to the officer IMO

1. I got pulled over when I got 16 driving my first standard car at a 4way stop (not a complete stop) - I apologized and said i was learning (Didn't argue) got a warning
    2. I was riding my old motorcycle and was speeding (15-20 over) and got pulled over, I apologized (it was on 17th by crowchild) and got off with a warning.
    3. I was speeding somewhere in a car and also got a warning.
    4. We were learning how to do "wheelies" out in some town on a back road like 10 years ago and the officer got called, it was a $500 ticket and he ended up just telling us NOT to do it here and got a picture for us with the police car.

I remember i was going 40 in a 30 zone when I was going to MRU and got a ticket and the officer actually felt bad but said its a school zone sorry I can't reduce it, I once again didn't argue and just accepted that ticket.

ALWAYS TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE AND NEVER EVER EVER COMPLAIN - it's your fault for speeding you should take responsibility not the officer, that's how I see it.

I guess there has been a fair bit of times I did get pretty "lucky" thinking about all that I got two tickets in my life. and let off 4 for sure, maybe 5 times?

I don't drive like an idiot in general and I was also much younger but I was always respectful and accepted the punishment before getting let off.

Edit: We were heading home from Kelowa one day and I was driving, it was in revelstoke we just stopped for food and were leaving revelstoke, i honestly thought it was a 100 zone going up the hill but it was a 50 zone, we got pulled over, and the cop was saying he can take my license and was being a complete dick to us, I kept calm and was nice to him but my friend in the back seat was getting pissed off.

He ended up giving us a excessive speeding fine for like $190 (no points) and then my friend in the back got a no seatbelt ticket as well.. hahaha

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Kobe; 10-20-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Learn to follow protocol and be respectful and nice to the officer IMO

1. I got pulled over when I got 16 driving my first standard card at a 4way stop (not a complete stop) - I apologized and said i was learning (Didn't argue) got a warning
    2. I was riding my old motorcycle and was speed (15-20 over) and got pulled over, I apologized (it was on 17th by crowchild) and got off with a warning.
    3. I was speeding somewhere in a car and also got a warning.
    4. We were learning how to do "wheelies" out in some town on a back road like 10 years ago and the officer got called, it was a $500 ticket and he ended up just telling us NOT to do it here and got a picture for us with the police car.

I remember i was going 40 in a 30 zone when I was going to MRU and got a ticket and the officer actually felt bad but said its a school zone sorry I can't reduce it, I once again didn't argue and just accepted that ticket.

ALWAYS TURN OFF YOUR VEHICLE AND NEVER EVER EVER COMPLAIN - it's your fault for speeding you should take responsibility not the officer, that's how I see it.

I guess there has been a fair bit of times I did get pretty "lucky" thinking about all that I got two tickets in my life. and let off 4 for sure, maybe 5 times?

I don't drive like an idiot in general and I was also much younger but I was always respectful and accepted the punishment before getting let off.
    I dunno, maybe it's a small town thing, most of my tickets have been CPS. Or maybe I give out a bad vibe? Doesn't really matter, I get so few now.

Used to really bug me back in uni when I had buddies get warnings and I never was given one ever. Guess they worked because I drove much more carefully for a few years to avoid getting a demerit-based suspension.

My Ride
    Eclipse

I dunno, maybe it's a small town thing, most of my tickets have been CPS. Or maybe I give out a bad vibe? Doesn't really matter, I get so few now.

Used to really bug me back in uni when I had buddies get warnings and I never was given one ever. Guess they worked because I drove much more carefully for a few years to avoid getting a demerit-based suspension.
    I think 4 of the 5 warnings were "Calgary Police" and 1 was RCMP and 1 massively reduced ticket on the spot was RCMP.

The picture is with RCMP for stunting, the officer really seemed from the start he didn't want to give us a ticket but i'm sure if we were pricks and talked crap to him he would of gave us the ticket, ended up chatting with us for 20 minutes afterwards and let us take a photo by his car.

EDIT: I also don't think "Well some people have got off tickets" will be an argument if you do ever get pulled over again. But just accept it and most likely a 50/50 chance you get it voided by the officer after if your nice and accept it.

If I was an officer and i had to deal with people that complain non-stop i'd be giving out tickets left and right too, i remember when I was a kid and how rude so many people were just getting groceries, I ALWAYS hated those people, if someone was kind I would never charge them for bags, if someone was a prick i'd charge them 100% of the time, even if the bill was complete and they asked for more bags.
    Last edited by Kobe; 10-20-2019 at 01:25 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Lex350 View Post
    I got a TINT ticket about 3 years ago.
    I got a ticket last summer for my truck not having mud flaps, on a brand new stock truck...

I have never gotten a warning either, however, I have had multiple instances where they have given me a lesser ticket then what it should have been. Like once I blew a red light at 4:30am doing 90 in a 50 zone on the TC. Cop pulled me over and said "what was that?" I just replied "I got nothin. I am just trying to get to work." He gave me a ticket instead for failure to obey a signaling device, instead of speeding and running the red.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

6 hours ago. Dammit

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

For what? Speeding?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

only ticket i ever got was the day after getting my license. 20ish years ago
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

I only drive rush hour for the majority of the time now so zero tickets in last 10 years.
    Previously all recent ones were window tint tickets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast