Quantcast
Hydroponics - devils lettuce - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hydroponics - devils lettuce

My Ride
    4x4

Default Hydroponics - devils lettuce

So I've been wondering lately, given legalization...

What are the rules now on a home grow?

And whats the current best practices on hardware?

Not totally green, used to keep the chronic user in the house mostly supplied. SOG grows in RDWC buckets, but that was a long time ago and technology has changed radically.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

I thought it was 4 plants per person but i think that could be household.

I know family friends that tried growing it this year and said it was the easiest thing ever. Didn't even use fancy lights just started it indoor and eventually moved it outdoor for the summer months. Both family friends said they hit 4-5 feet tall in 4 months.

My Ride
    Trucks

There are hundreds of acres of hemp between Airdrie and Cochrane. Seems to grow very well outside left on its own. It’s not going to get a 14 week cycle like a greenhouse, but a hell of a lot less maintenance.

My Ride
    4x4

Per household. Trying to wrap my brain around the rules.

So im still trying to understand the seed situation. The legal seeds weve gotten this year haven't gotten good grow reviews. So buy a licensed pack throw the seeds out and retain pack as 'license' then grow whatever grey market genetics i prefer? Because other than some insanely expensive dna tests theres no way to prove lineage of the plant?

Need to start figuring out a cabinet... Looks like dwc is still as popular as ever. Guess thats decided onto building a growing cabinet...

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

From the plants i've seen the underground sourced seeds all outperformed the purchased seeds. Size, bushiness and actual flowering was all better with the underground seeds. Both seeds were grown side by side with the exact same watering/feeding schedule.

The illegals seem to have breed the seeds to perform well over all these years. Go figure...

Try and get some underground seeds from a friend of a friend if possible.

Don’t worry too much about proving your seed sources. In the very extreme and unlikely case where authorities might question you, you can just say you found a bag seed in your legal weed OR that a friend gave you a clone.

Depending on your budget, it might be cheaper to buy a grow tent instead of building a cabinet. You can get a 2x4 or 4x4 tent for like $300 or less these days. Will save you hours compared to building a custom box

Keep in mind that anyone can grow weed, but growing GOOD weed is tricky. Genetics is the biggest factor I’ve found...it’s worth it to pay for high quality genetics / clones.

Personally I grow in promix soilless medium, but dwc is a good choice too if you’re comfortable with it.

Good luck, it’s a really fun hobby.
    Last edited by sabad66; 10-21-2019 at 11:18 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Everyone I know that tried to grow from seeds this year also didnt know if they had a female or male plant. Check out CBC morning show online they grew some plants over the spring/summer and had a weekly update on their show.

My Ride
    4x4

Half the thought something to play with. Not much sense in actually growing it for the little I use - other than the aglc stuff is still crap and inconsistent as hell.

Ill be in the microgrow range - but yeah i was eyeballing a 12x12x32" tent. But I see more logic in a full integrated and arduino automated cabinet again - short of a dht11 and ph probe, pretty much should be able to pull the majority out of junk drawer stock. Grabbing a 300w veg&bloom ufo from a friend tomorrow.

Used to have some good genetics (ran texada timewarp and a blueberry kush perpetually for years) probably have to go down that rabbithole of hunting strains again.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone I know that tried to grow from seeds this year also didnt know if they had a female or male plant. Check out CBC morning show online they grew some plants over the spring/summer and had a weekly update on their show.
    I believe all the legal seeds are feminized so they would be guaranteed female. If you’re using bag seeds then yeah it’s 50/50 chance.

Most of the high end grey/black market seed breeders only do regular (non-fem) seeds because they are more stable and less chance of mutations, but fem are good for beginners

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone eat this shit like in a salad or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone eat this shit like in a salad or something?
    The hippies eat kale and dandelions do you really need to ask? Lets not wven get into crystals up the vajayjay girl

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't mind kale and mustard greens. And in South America, they chew coca leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    There are hundreds of acres of hemp between Airdrie and Cochrane. Seems to grow very well outside left on its own. It’s not going to get a 14 week cycle like a greenhouse, but a hell of a lot less maintenance.
    Hemp doesn't have the same goals. You want all female plants to never get fertilized and as soon as you move outside, that becomes less likely. Sure the plants will be healthy as Hell, but if the buds get fertilized...

My Ride
    4x4

Seriously nst pots are 3$ each now?? Like more expensive than ceramic?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1365068

I'm glad i know a guy. Think I'll print them at 150% so theres room for some hydroton.