Quantcast
How to track black friday / Cyber monday sales? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to track black friday / Cyber monday sales?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default How to track black friday / Cyber monday sales?

Anyone have the best way to track items of interest across multiple online shopping sites? I am familiar with camelcamelcamel for tracking amazon prices, and shopbot for scanning multiple sites, but is there anything that COMBINES those two features to track prices across many retailers AND will notify you of sales as they happen?

I have a few purchases that I'm planning, so Black Friday is probably a good time to buy, but only if I learn about the particular retailer that has the item on sale.

Is this a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Best bet is keeping an eye on redflagdeals

You can do a search on the forum pretty easy

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Best bet is keeping an eye on redflagdeals

You can do a search on the forum pretty easy
    So a manual search of the four or five items I have my eye on daily? There's no automated process or keyword notification or anything?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

I assume none of them are Sony, because they seem to have locked down, set pricing across all stores that carry them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not sony. But looking at some higher end noise cancelling headphones, a new cellphone for the wife, a socket set that I'm sure canadian tire will put on sale at some point, a really expensive mesh wifi setup for a relative. All in all, it's like $1500 worth of stuff even with a decent discount. I started an account and have asked about keyword based notification on the forums. We shall see.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Not sony. But looking at some higher end noise cancelling headphones, a new cellphone for the wife, a socket set that I'm sure canadian tire will put on sale at some point, a really expensive mesh wifi setup for a relative. All in all, it's like $1500 worth of stuff even with a decent discount. I started an account and have asked about keyword based notification on the forums. We shall see.
    I'm up for keeping a watch on a phone with you. I want a Galaxy S9+ but they seem hard to get, meow. Fingers crossed there's a deal on this upcoming pseudo event.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thanks. I'm totally over samsung. Was thinking the Pixel 3aXL might go on sale. 3XL is on sale already, but if the 3aXL went to say $400 that would be outstanding. Just want the handset for my wife, love her super cheap Public Mobile plan and don't want to go back to the "big" providers.

THis:
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/s...9285p.html#srp
    socket set at Canadian tire should get to at least 70% off, that seems to be a normal flyer discount. I'd like to find it at 80% which might happen for black Friday.

Possibly this floor jack: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0091503p.html
    although definetly only need it if it's on big sale. I have an old steel one that just won't die

Looking for Netgear Orbi RBK50 or RBK53 packages at a decent discount. If it's the RBK50, I need two of em.

Don't know what headphones I want. Possibly the big Jabra 85 ones, maybe steel sedries arctis 7, need to do more research on those.

Why would it need to be daily? Black Friday and Cyber Monday are only 2 days.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Thanks. I'm totally over samsung. Was thinking the Pixel 3aXL might go on sale. 3XL is on sale already, but if the 3aXL went to say $400 that would be outstanding. Just want the handset for my wife, love her super cheap Public Mobile plan and don't want to go back to the "big" providers.

THis:
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/s...9285p.html#srp
    socket set at Canadian tire should get to at least 70% off, that seems to be a normal flyer discount. I'd like to find it at 80% which might happen for black Friday.

Possibly this floor jack: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...-0091503p.html
    although definetly only need it if it's on big sale. I have an old steel one that just won't die

Looking for Netgear Orbi RBK50 or RBK53 packages at a decent discount. If it's the RBK50, I need two of em.

Don't know what headphones I want. Possibly the big Jabra 85 ones, maybe steel sedries arctis 7, need to do more research on those.
    Nappa Auto Parts has a flyer. One of the sale items is a 2 ton jack with stands at $64.99. If that works for you.
    I tempted to buy it myself, but I got nowhere to work on my car in the condo parkade.
    I bought the torque wrench on sale and engine oil.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Nappa Auto Parts has a flyer. One of the sale items is a 2 ton jack with stands at $64.99. If that works for you.
    I tempted to buy it myself, but I got nowhere to work on my car in the condo parkade.
    I bought the torque wrench on sale and engine oil.
    Oh yeah, there's lots of floor Jack's out there. What I want next is a fully aluminium 3-ton capacity low-rise floor jack

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Oh yeah, there's lots of floor Jack's out there. What I want next is a fully aluminium 3-ton capacity low-rise floor jack
    I am in the market for one too. I need something tall enough to do my truck tires. I have a small 2T one that works fine for Baygirls car, but it doesnt quite have the extension needed to get my truck high enough. If you find something for a great deal, let me know too.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

The Canadian Tire app notifies you when items go on sale. Navigate to your item, click ‘add to wish list’ then check the box for sale alert. They will email you a few days before they put it on sale.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Why would it need to be daily? Black Friday and Cyber Monday are only 2 days.
    Well, daily might be a bit much, but most stores have some form of sale every week. Plus I don't even know what stores to check. I made the comparison to shopbot because shopbot checks dozens of online stores, many of which I haven't even heard of. Ideally that's the functionality I'd like.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

@ExtraSlow @spikerS

If you want a good floor jack, get the 3 ton Arcan jack from Costco.

$150. Easy peasy japanesy.

https://www.costco.ca/.product.996603.html

Be hard pressed to find another one like this for a similar price.

My Ride
    Blue boy

When is BF?

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Nov 29th
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

You just have to look at the flyers for the most part. RedFlagDeals forums are (usually) useless because there is a huge circlejerk every time something is even $1 off and not at all on "sale". The problem is people there fall for the fake discount percentages every single time and make a thread for each item that is really $10 off but advertised as 50% off a MSRP that nobody has ever paid. People even make separate threads for the Amazon "lightning" deals for 10% off a $15 item. There is way too much garbage to wade through on there IMHO that you are far better off just checking the flyers of the stores you like.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I'm hoping PS4s get a good discount with PS5s expected to come out next winter.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    you are far better off just checking the flyers of the stores you like.
    shit. You seem to know what you are talking about for tech deals. I guess my dream is crushed.

shit. You seem to know what you are talking about for tech deals. I guess my dream is crushed.
    RedFlagDeals does still consolidate all the electronic version of the flyers, so it's not all bad (handy to browse on an iPad or something), I just wouldn't suggest wasting your time on the forums where everyone loses their mind every time something is $10 off because they don't understand how the holiday pricing schemes work. There is way too much crap to sift through. The most horrible deals get posted and you see all these replies like "thanks OP, ordered 2" lol. I honestly think the forums section is full of bots or paid agents of certain companies/products to make bad deals sound attractive - that is the only thing I've been able to come up with that would make sense of the overall forum activity there.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-22-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast