Quantcast
I am confused whether the 2020 Honda Civic SI Type R is 2 door or 4 door? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: I am confused whether the 2020 Honda Civic SI Type R is 2 door or 4 door?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I will take a Honda .. what is made in UK over made in USA or Mexico/Brazil all day long ...

    For ~ half year, my CTR has been so far so good, fit and finish is on par to MIJ / MIG ...
    The Original !

    1234567, hҦho

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TSP stage 1 tune is just a more aggressive tune than the regular KTuner tune, you load it into your ECU using the KTuner. In fact if you buy the KTuner from TSP they include the TSP tune saving you $80 USD. Drawbacks are more wear on your stock parts if you drive too aggressively. There are many people who have gone 20,000 KM+ with the tune and have not experience clutch slipping, yet some do in less then 5,000 KM. Lots of info on the TSP site:

    https://twostepperformance.com/ktune...uning-package/
    https://twostepperformance.com/ktune...uning-package/

    If you get a flex fuel kit you can go with TSP stage 2 and really get the Si moving (270whp / 327tq - TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel)

    https://twostepperformance.com/two-s...onda-civic-si/



    I recommend you research more on the civicx.com forums, tons of info there for tuning mods and more.
    thank you very much. As long as it's just software tuning, I'm happy

    I read from Kraftwerk that recommends new improved clutch, and those youtube video likes the "Clutch Master FX300", so I'm happy do upgrade to that. I only have a 2010 Si, so the last link won't apply to me.

    =======================

    does anyone know if there is any clutch just as good as Clutch Master FX300 but not that heavy when you step on it?
    Last edited by happy hopping; 10-24-2019 at 03:07 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '07 Subaru LGT wagon
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm not seeing a 2 door in that first link. I see a door line and a rear door handle. It is subtle as part of the rendering style, as is the front door handle (to a lesser extent), but it is there. If it was a 2 door, the front door would not be so short and the rear side glass would be much smaller.

    Honda-Civic-Type-R-1.jpg

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    but on the 2nd link, (I can't see too clearly of the above photo of the 1st link), there is no car handle if it were a 4 door car. So w/o that car handle, it would be a 2 door car

    The thing is, Honda is not making sense. A 200HP Si coupe is 2 door sport car. How can a 300HP car be 4 door? Have you heard Ferrari or Lambo or MacLaren makes a 4 door sports car?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,453
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but on the 2nd link, (I can't see too clearly of the above photo of the 1st link), there is no car handle if it were a 4 door car. So w/o that car handle, it would be a 2 door car

    The thing is, Honda is not making sense. A 200HP Si coupe is 2 door sport car. How can a 300HP car be 4 door? Have you heard Ferrari or Lambo or MacLaren makes a 4 door sports car?
    A Civic Si isn't a sports car.
    How can a 300 hp car be 4 door? There are literally a 100+ cars that fall in this category.
    Lambo made an SUV to appeal to the market.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,726
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Civic Si isn't a sports car.
    How can a 300 hp car be 4 door? There are literally a 100+ cars that fall in this category.
    Lambo made an SUV to appeal to the market.
    I don't disagree, but is there a defined threshold for 'sports car' somewhere? Mazda, for example, thinks the Miata is a sports car even though it's boring to drive and no faster than a family sedan. At what point does a car officially become a sports car?


    Quote Originally Posted by happy hopping View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can a 300HP car be 4 door? Have you heard Ferrari or Lambo or MacLaren makes a 4 door sports car?
    Haha what? Even the Toyota Camry is available with over 300 hp. Take a look at the German brands - it's harder to find a car under 300hp than it is over 300hp. Aside from exotics, the cars with the most HP that I can think of are all 4-door. Aston Martin, Porsche, Alfa Romero and Masarati all have 4-door models as well that aren't SUVs.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    FK8, DC2R, Outback XT
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying you're wrong but do you have any objective sources for that from people who are actually privy to the necessary info to make that claim? What quality issues have been arising specifically and how many vehicles did it effect? Are there any recalls or service advisories related to those issues? I have read about quality issues from their locally made cars in China but not Swindon.

    The previous managing director of Honda UK (no current obligation to Honda) went out of his way to say "the quality in Swindon was close to the top of all of Hondas plants." (https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...utting-swindon)

    Personally speaking I have had zero issues and haven't noticed a single thing out of place, albeit that is a sample size of one. I have no rattles or creaks or anything else that I can detect after almost 4 years of DD. A body shop I went to actually complimented the paint job, and they know a heck a lot more about paint than I do. I asked 3 different Honda dealers (service dept) and while I am sure they're biased to varying degrees, they said they haven't seen any differences based on build origin.

    Curious as to what your sources are for that as googling "honda quality issues swindon" doesn't give me much other than the odd unsubstantiated forum comment and dozens of people saying they have had no problems.

    The one thing I noticed personally in 2017 when I leased mine, is that every single door on the coupes/sedans rattled a bit when you shut it - the hatches all had the solid "thud" I expected. I have not been able to see if that is still the case with the 2020's or not, and it also could be related to the design.

    It doesn't really matter since they're closing it for other reasons anyway, but I am genuinely curious where this information is coming from as you really seem to hate Swindon, but I never read about it anywhere else.
    In my experience, the panel gaps have been very uneven and excessively wide. Also things like the weatherstripping on the exterior rear doors starting to peel/pop out.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,726
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my experience, the panel gaps have been very uneven and excessively wide. Also things like the weatherstripping on the exterior rear doors starting to peel/pop out.
    Thanks - I will keep an eye out on my weather stripping.

    Are you a Honda tech or did that just happen to your car?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,453
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't disagree, but is there a defined threshold for 'sports car' somewhere? Mazda, for example, thinks the Miata is a sports car even though it's boring to drive and no faster than a family sedan. At what point does a car officially become a sports car?
    There is no "official" definition, but in the traditional sense, it is a 2 seater (with or without fixed roof), or 2+2 configuration and usually RWD (but AWD is more accepted these days as lots of sports car have AWD now).

    A Civic is a sport compact.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    FK8, DC2R, Outback XT
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks - I will keep an eye out on my weather stripping.

    Are you a Honda tech or did that just happen to your car?
    My car + a few others I’m aware about locally

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Confused guy on kijiji thinks tsx rims are honda rims and can't fit acura

    By western_dave in forum Wheel and Tire Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 08-15-2012, 03:04 PM
  2. Question whether my tenants rent money is income or not.

    By G3)Rider in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
  3. Whether or not to buy an Unlocked (hacked) Iphone to use in Canada!

    By brownskind in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
  4. Remove "Request Read Receipt: Allows you to check whether your message has been read"

    By Ekliptix in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 03-11-2005, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •