Quantcast
Arizona Cardinals game - Tips/Advice? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Arizona Cardinals game - Tips/Advice?

Default Arizona Cardinals game - Tips/Advice?

Hey everyone,

Figured a few people down here might frequent some Cardinals games and have some tips or advice. I'll be driving in from Cali on the saturday next month and heading out the next night so a short stop. From hotels.com it looks like everything very close to the stadium is already completed sold out for that weekend.

But hoping if anyone has some good recommendations for a hotel to stay at that's close to get to/from the stadium (is it better to drive and park? or uber/taxi out from hotel?)
    Any must go to restaurants or bars for the Saturday? and same thing tailgating spots that are great?

Thanks!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey everyone,

Figured a few people down here might frequent some Cardinals games and have some tips or advice. I'll be driving in from Cali on the saturday next month and heading out the next night so a short stop. From hotels.com it looks like everything very close to the stadium is already completed sold out for that weekend.

But hoping if anyone has some good recommendations for a hotel to stay at that's close to get to/from the stadium (is it better to drive and park? or uber/taxi out from hotel?)
    Any must go to restaurants or bars for the Saturday? and same thing tailgating spots that are great?

Thanks!
    Don’t drive to the game unless you plan on hanging out there after. Took me 2 full hours to get out of the parking lot last time I was there.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Don’t drive to the game unless you plan on hanging out there after. Took me 2 full hours to get out of the parking lot last time I was there.
    Yeah Uber/Taxi is the same. Hang around after the game, have a few drinks at one of the bars there.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Do you like to stand all game? If not i would suggest getting tickets that are next to a railing so you dont have people blocking your view.

Other then that this has all your answers - https://www.reddit.com/r/AZCardinals/wiki/gamedayguide

My Ride
    Has wheels

Took in my first NFL game there recently. If any ladies are going or any of the guys carry some sort of bag, it has to be a CLEAR bag to take into the stadium.

To tailgate we bought a cheap cooler bag, filled it with ice and beer and walked into "the great lawn" area:
    https://supertailgate.com/stadium/ar...als/tailgating

Once it was time to go inside, we gave the cooler bag and whatever few beers we didn't slam away to one of the many groups that were just there to tailgate.

After the game, we walked (north?) to the entertainment area to grab a bite to eat before trying to get out away from the crowds to head back to Scottsdale where we were staying. So I can't help with recommendations where to stay close to the area.

Do not drive and park there. Definitely Uber or lyft (lyft seemed to be consistently cheaper).

Weather was great while I was in the area, enjoy your trip!

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    ... to head back to Scottsdale where we were staying. So I can't help with recommendations where to stay close to the area.

Do not drive and park there. Definitely Uber or lyft (lyft seemed to be consistently cheaper).
    Note that a cab was USD$75 ONE WAY back to Scottsdale from the stadium district.
    That was in 2010 I think.

Thanks for the Reddit link, I didn't even think of checking there. Some good tips about the bag/purse that was reiterated above and I'll check out the other points.

We already purchased tickets in the lower bowl, Row 15 I believe they were, around 20-30 yard line.

I think we will be staying around Tolleson/Gateway on the 10/110 area, looks like its about 10kms away. I'm doing it with my Dad/Brother so probably won't get too rowdy after but I'll push to go check out one of those mexican joints after to get some food/sit for a bit. It is kind of rushed but he wants to get back to Palm Springs the same night so tough situation.

I know last year I went to Denver and we stayed at a hotel not too far and just walked like 20+ minutes back to the hotel instead of the cab gong show and it worked out well but won't be the case this time.

Appreciated!

Wait out any surge price Uber by drinking more at the bars after the game.