Quantcast
Tenant Moving in Wants Condo Pro-Cleaned and Carpets Steam Cleaned - Reasonable? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tenant Moving in Wants Condo Pro-Cleaned and Carpets Steam Cleaned - Reasonable?

My Ride
    This and that.

Ya I don't understand why this is even an issue? Why would you not expect to move into a nicely cleaned home regardless of if you're renting it or owning it? I will be putting my condo up for rent in a month or two and I had already planned to have it professionally cleaned for whoever ends up renting it.

My Ride
    Silverado

I'd pass. It's normal to expect a clean appartment but this seems like a red flag. Depends on what prospects you have

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd pass. It's normal to expect a clean appartment but this seems like a red flag. Depends on what prospects you have
    Sounds like the tenant doesnt trust the op. This is a major red flag IMO. I've never once had a tenant demand anything. I wonder how the tenant will verify things were "professionally" cleaned.

I can all but guarantee when the tenant moves in he/she wont be happy with what they see.

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This makes 0 sense to me. How do you know how clean someone left it? I dont want to be stepping on shit dirt ass carpet.

A vacuumed carpet isnt shit after a year. It needs a shampoo multiple times a year and definitely when moving out...

I know that probably alot of people dont do this, but I fully expect it moving into a new place, in fact, it's the least I would expect, is a clean home to move into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Sounds like the tenant doesnt trust the op. This is a major red flag IMO. I've never once had a tenant demand anything. I wonder how the tenant will verify things were "professionally" cleaned.

I can all but guarantee when the tenant moves in he/she wont be happy with what they see.
    Red flags are people like you that dont feel like your tenant should be moving into a clean home. Fuck am I confused with some of you guys...low standards or what

My Ride
    Ford F150

It's completely reasonable. Amend the lease to stipulate they have to do the same when they move out (and show invoice from cleaning company, or it comes out of their deposit). If they agree, it's all good. If they want it cleaned simply because they want a clean place, they should agree.

I had an allergy attack (cats) once when viewing a property. Place was otherwise perfect for me, so I asked the landlord if he'd have the carpets steamed and the HVAC blown out and offered to do the same when I ever moved out. He refused, said "it's already clean". So I said thanks anyways and left. If I'm having an allergy attack, it's not clean.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Silverado

Im completely capable of cleaning an apartment and steaming the carpets. I dont need to spend 500+ to get it done. I dont expect my tenants to do it. If they want to do it to avoid the hassle of cleaning and hire someone that's fine obviously. My expectations of what is required to be considered clean wouldn't change.

It's not like cleaning requires a professional.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

$500 for a steam clean?! Those pieces of shit from Safeway et al. are just that. Not enough suction or heat.
    Ultracrepidarian

Its easy to sort out based on the responses whose never had an investment property before.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Its easy to sort out based on the responses whose never had an investment property before.
    I'm not dumb enough to have one with carpet in it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    $500 for a steam clean?! Those pieces of shit from Safeway et al. are just that. Not enough suction or heat.
    $500 for a move out clean and a carpet cleaning. Ya.

The safeway steamers do suck. As mentioned, you can rent a much better one from the tool shop at home depot.

My Ride
    changes every year

I've had 5.

Some in this thread mention that this could be a sign of a high-maintenance/nightmare tenant, but I disagree, depending on the situation.

As an example, I was a renter in a newer downtown condo. I'm a "young professional", and a bit of a clean freak. I like my spaces clean and tidy. I moved into a 1 bedroom condo in a newer building in the beltline and the previous renter obviously wasn't as clean (dirty/greasy oven, dirty baseboards, dirty carpet in places).

If I'm spending $1500/month on a 1 bedroom condo, you're damn right it better be professional cleaned before I move in. I was able to negotiate a credit with the leasing agency so I could get my cleaner to come in and clean the place. I left the condo in better shape than when I moved in.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

This was a request from my current tenant, the guy was going to use it for AirBnB and just wanted to start with a clean unit.
    I believe AirBnB requires a professional cleaning after every rental, every time I've gone in there (which has been about 3 times in a year) the units been immaculate
    Everyone has a reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    This was a request from my current tenant, the guy was going to use it for AirBnB and just wanted to start with a clean unit.
    I believe AirBnB requires a professional cleaning after every rental, every time I've gone in there (which has been about 3 times in a year) the units been immaculate
    Everyone has a reason for it
    They do not require a professional cleaning, the owners can do it too. I've booked dozens of AirBnBs and sometimes the cleaning fee is like $20 or free because the owners are doing it.

So your tenant is using your place as an AirBnb? That would scare the hell out of me haha. Glad it seems to be working out so far for you though.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    They do not require a professional cleaning, the owners can do it too. I've booked dozens of AirBnBs and sometimes the cleaning fee is like $20 or free because the owners are doing it.

So your tenant is using your place as an AirBnb? That would scare the hell out of me haha. Glad it seems to be working out so far for you though.
    That could be a positive as the place would get cleaned up on a regular basis vs. a messy tenant who barely cleans the place regularly.
    If there is damages, it's taken out on the AirBnb deposit or whatever and should in the end come back to you in the way of damage repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    That could be a positive as the place would get cleaned up on a regular basis vs. a messy tenant who barely cleans the place regularly.
    Cleaning isn't what I would be worried about, it's the random people cycling through all the time that would stress me out haha. If you don't even own the place you are using as an AirBnb, you can rent to literally anyone and not really have a consequence if they do something bad. The owner risk is increased significantly.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    If there is damages, it's taken out on the AirBnb deposit or whatever and should in the end come back to you in the way of damage repair.
    Works in theory but if they trash the place then it's still a uphill battle to fight AirBnB for full compensation

Plus you have to think of the extra wear and tear on the place that goes un-noticed. How many guests drag in their luggage and bump a wall or the wheels leave minor scrapes on the floor.

Don't get me wrong, 95% of the time there's probably no issues but there is still a much higher chance of something going wrong vs one stable tenant

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post

Yes, he was very straight up with that. I know the building manager really well and she hasn't emailed me with any red flags. Spot checks have been good, and the furniture that I put in there (It was mostly new) still looks unused
    I plan on renewing with him if he keeps this up, (7 months so far)
    Last edited by Asian_defender; 10-25-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asian_defender View Post
    Yes, he was very straight up with that. I know the building manager really well and she hasn't emailed me with any red flags. Spot checks have been good, and the furniture that I put in there (It was mostly new) still looks unused
    I plan on renewing with him if he keeps this up, (7 months so far)
    Why not cut him loose and manage the airbnb yourself and keep all of the upside?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by S-FLY View Post
    Why not cut him loose and manage the airbnb yourself and keep all of the upside?
    Because you have to manage an Airbnb which takes work, and you potentially may lose out on a steady income from a rental tenant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast