Quantcast
Internet and Cable - Shaw or Telus? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet and Cable - Shaw or Telus?

Telus is fucking me in the ass recently. Every 6 months they increase both TV and Internet by either $3 or $5 like clock work despite signing a 2 year deal. They recently removed a $10 credit for no reason and I've e-mailed in twice about it, with zero resolution. It's a joke, I get e-mailed back by someone telling me they can't help me and give me a number to call cause its with another team.

I still have the old entertainment 9 package, and telus 150, crave and a 4th box, i'm paying $221/month... They send out surveys (last week was most recent) and I gave all low ratings with explanations as to why I'm angry. Hoping maybe someone would finally contact me cause I don't feel like spending my free time on friday on the phone, but so far nothing. Otherwise at site I can't be sitting on the phone with telus.

Those clowns at Telus recently did a quote to switch all my parents service over, do the home security bla bla bla. The techs come to do the install and realize they can't because connections are in place and whoever did the quote didn't even check. The tech asked if they wanted to still move the Tv/internet over and they said forget about it. Couple days later the shaw got canceled cause telus forgot to cancel the transfer order, so that was a treat too.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Telus is fucking me in the ass recently. Every 6 months they increase both TV and Internet by either $3 or $5 like clock work despite signing a 2 year deal. They recently removed a $10 credit for no reason and I've e-mailed in twice about it, with zero resolution. It's a joke, I get e-mailed back by someone telling me they can't help me and give me a number to call cause its with another team.

I still have the old entertainment 9 package, and telus 150, crave and a 4th box, i'm paying $221/month... They send out surveys (last week was most recent) and I gave all low ratings with explanations as to why I'm angry. Hoping maybe someone would finally contact me cause I don't feel like spending my free time on friday on the phone, but so far nothing. Otherwise at site I can't be sitting on the phone with telus.

Those clowns at Telus recently did a quote to switch all my parents service over, do the home security bla bla bla. The techs come to do the install and realize they can't because connections are in place and whoever did the quote didn't even check. The tech asked if they wanted to still move the Tv/internet over and they said forget about it. Couple days later the shaw got canceled cause telus forgot to cancel the transfer order, so that was a treat too.
    You can't e-mail them, you have to call them for the best results. You have to contact the loyalty department (a.k.a. disconnections team).
    E-mail team can't do shit, online chat team only have limited capabilities, phone is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    You can't e-mail them, you have to call them for the best results. You have to contact the loyalty department (a.k.a. disconnections team).
    E-mail team can't do shit, online chat team only have limited capabilities, phone is best.
    Good to know, in the past sometimes they have fixed some issues over e-mail. But I would say the last maybe 4-6 months that really went down hill.

I was told this in the bottom of the last communication "If you require further assistance, please call the PureFibre team who handle your account directly at 1-855-595-5588 so that anyone from this team can assist you in real time." maybe i have to suck it up, my fridays are usually jam packed with errands or golfing all summer that I had better things to do than wait on hold for a long time.

is that the number everyone else typically uses or much like rogers, a "secret" number that cuts the bullshit directly to who you need to speak to?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

is that the number everyone else typically uses or much like rogers, a "secret" number that cuts the bullshit directly to who you need to speak to?
    Nah man, no secrets. Just call until you get the options that you want to "disconnect services". That is essentially the retentions team. They usually are pretty good but if you get someone who sucks and won't budge, just call back and get someone better. You should be able to get at least something. They're all pretty reasonable usually.

I have Shaw Cable, Telus Internet, Telus Mobility, Shaw Direct accounts and it's always the same process.

my credits expire every 6 months, so i have to call in to renew. Takes about 20 mins and pretty easy. Like others have mentioned, follow whatever prompts you get to cancel/disconnect service. I just basically say i can't afford the full price so if they can't renew the credits then i need to cancel...they don't ask any questions and just add the credits again.

kind of annoying, but whatever, i have to do it since i'm still technically on a contract. When my contract is up and i go to renew, i'm going to try and make sure they keep the price the same for the entire term so i don't have to call every 6 months.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I pay $95 a month for Telus Fiber 150 but my speeds are garbage and I haven't been able to connect to wifi on my phone in the ensuite bathroom (where I spend some serious social media time) since two months after they "upgraded" my modem. Just talking with a colleague here he is paying the same as me but gets a $30 + $15 discount bringing it down to $50 a month NOT ON A CONTRACT!!!

So far when I call the loyalty department I get an offer for $20 off for 12 months then back to $95 for the next 12 or they want to send another tech out to fix what the last tech couldn't (or only fixed for 2 months). Shaw 600 plan averages out to $85 a month and I know a friend who just switched and has had a good experience so far, plus better connectivity with his devices so if this final visit doesn't fix anything and they can't do anything better price wise I'll be trying that
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

$95/mo for 150Mbps is insane. As you know, you can get 660 Mbps (down) and unlimited data for $85 with Shaw. Upload blows though, 25Mbps or so, but for most people that is a non-issue.

As for your range issues, if you haven't already, buy a 'real' router instead of the garbage Telus provides (Shaw isn't much better - still probably want to bridge it and use your own router).

Also, unless something changed, Telus shares bandwidth of it's non-fiber services with their cable service, so you will rarely hit your maximum speeds in that scenario.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    $95/mo for 150Mbps is insane. As you know, you can get 660 Mbps (down) and unlimited data for $85 with Shaw. Upload blows though, 25Mbps or so, but for most people that is a non-issue.

As for your range issues, if you haven't already, buy a 'real' router instead of the garbage Telus provides (Shaw isn't much better - still probably want to bridge it and use your own router).

Also, unless something changed, Telus shares bandwidth of it's non-fiber services with their cable service, so you will rarely hit your maximum speeds in that scenario.
    I agree with you, that price is retarded for internet alone. I get good speeds for the first couple months after they visit then it slowly drops despite resets of the router etc. This morning while seeing a man about a horse I was averaging just under 14 Mbps, so to watch any NHL highlights I had to switch over to cellular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Silverado

Renewed with shaw today 135 a month for two years for the inrich package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2