Quantcast
Alberta budget - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Alberta budget

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anytime the word "Government" is involved, any form of efficiency is thrown out the window.

Expanded on that for you.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Wife got a job at the CBE. They're horribly run. I can't even imagine the waste that goes on elsewhere.
    That has to be one of the worst run school boards in the Country. They have already had their upper administration hollowed out twice by the Province in the past 20 years due to poor management?

They are part of the reason that the class size reduction funding hasn't been working. The trouble is the class size calculation is done by calculating the student/licensed teacher ratio, even if the licensed teacher is not in a classroom full time. CBE administration and other positions in the board are filled by licensed teachers, which get factored in that calculation.

Too many other issues to list there.

I love how Nenshi complains about property tax going up under new provincial budget. Meanwhile property taxes have been rising every year under Nenshi(along with his salary). Nenshi is done son. Probably why he is begging to work with Trudeau. To me sounds like a bad idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    Which would be ridiculous.

Alberta voting PC is like an abusive relationship. They just keep going back, no matter how hard they get hit.
    Well what is the other choice? If you're on the street, you go back to the one that at least uses an open hand.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    “This is something that is fundamentally important to the return that all Albertans get for our energy resources,” Notley said in February when her government signed the three-year contracts to lease 4,000 rail cars from Canadian Pacific Railway and Canadian National Railway.
    But the provincial government is now saying those contracts will lose $1.8 billion and they want to sell them to the private sector. “The business case carried a number of risks and assumptions never adequately disclosed to Albertans,” the budget said.
    https://business.financialpost.com/c...e-books-budget
    I think NDP (Taxpayper) is paying for rail to get oil moving and hopefully royalty will cover rail cost and then some.

UCP use curtailment as a bargaining chip and hope private sector will buy those contract off the government at small discount (may be 1/2 price?) and just write the rest off into the deficit and said NDP wasted it.

Is my assessment on this correct?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Notley also massively overpaid for said contracts because she had no idea what she was doing and insisted on everything happening immediately. The contracts were underwater before the ink was dry.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think NDP (Taxpayper) is paying for rail to get oil moving and hopefully royalty will cover rail cost and then some.

UCP use curtailment as a bargaining chip and hope private sector will buy those contract off the government at small discount (may be 1/2 price?) and just write the rest off into the deficit and said NDP wasted it.

Is my assessment on this correct?
    It's kind of funny. NDP sorta went trickledown style but without just giving companies cash.

The theory was subsidize the cost of getting oil to market, which lets comapnies product more oil and start new projects / hire more people. Gov't loses money on the contract but gains in jobs within the province and more royalties.

Then the UCP just slashes it and says its a waste of money but cuts taxes and hands out 3 times as much in tax cuts claiming it'll create jobs.

IMO NDP route was significantly better and its a shame this was cancelled, had they kept the contracts they could have eased curtailment which might've meant more companies spending a bit here. Instead they held curtailment and we see investment fleeing.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    IMO NDP route was significantly better and its a shame this was cancelled, had they kept the contracts they could have eased curtailment which might've meant more companies spending a bit here. Instead they held curtailment and we see investment fleeing.
    I think NDP planned to lift curtailment this Dec vs UCP next Dec means more people loses jobs and rigs going south and may not come back.

I thought UCP was onboard with rail plan in Feb but then they are not when election comes around because you can't give NDP credits.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think NDP planned to lift curtailment this Dec vs UCP next Dec means more people loses jobs and rigs going south and may not come back.

I thought UCP was onboard with rail plan in Feb but then they are not when election comes around because you can't give NDP credits.
    Thats the bullshit part. Cancel something that could've helped just because the wrong party did it.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:58 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's hard to argue against a consumption tax from a "fiscal conservative" perspective. Doesn't penalize earning or saving.
    More discussion Of PST in Alberta. I see it as inevitable.
    https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...d-849086b0d9a1
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7