Quantcast
Furniture Recommendations - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Furniture Recommendations

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Waited 3 years to pull the trigger on this, ended up getting the Lounge II from Crate and Barrel, quality and warranty is there. Have a couple West Elm pieces and feel they are fairly mid grade. Name:  IMG_5943.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  60.4 KB

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by shadowz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waited 3 years to pull the trigger on this, ended up getting the Lounge II from Crate and Barrel, quality and warranty is there. Have a couple West Elm pieces and feel they are fairly mid grade. Name:  IMG_5943.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  60.4 KB
    We have the same couch in a dark brown tweed-like material. Has taken everything thrown at it by 3 kids under 5. Had the couch for 4 years.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

For people liking the Structube/EQ3/WestElm style, stop by some of the Vintage furniture stores and take a look at the used authentic pieces that these stores carry.
    -Louche Mileau
    -Bex Vintage
    -Reclaim Vintage

Or if you aren't in a rush and have extra time, troll kijiji or random garage/estate sales and then have the chairs/tables etc refinished on your own. At tjhe end of the day you will end up with something that is 100x better quality that purchasing through any of those stores. (Most of the mid century modern stuff there has already lasted 50-60 years!)

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

After all the options we looked at, we found something from The Bay that we felt was 'good enough for now' with the look, size, comfort and price we were very happy with.

And thank God we got it on the weekend because it was 50% off. And we managed to get an additional 10% off with $75 installed delivery (up condo with no elevator = hell yes installed).

https://www.thebay.com/distinctly-ho...035+4294963491
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Dining room chairs - Still looking, will probably have to wait for the table to actually arrive to see what looks good. Not looking forward to buying 6X chairs which will probably cost more than the table.
    Probably the last place you'd think to look but when we stumbled across these when we were looking for chairs to go with our new table we had to at least give them a shot:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...4466p.html#srp

Bought 2 to try, bought 2 more immediately after, then decided on 2 more for when guests are over. Comfy, look great with our table, very light to move and easy to clean. The best price was a 2 pack for $99. Might not fit your decor but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw this out there for you. Comes in black too. We've been using them for 2-3 years now, still good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    Probably the last place you'd think to look but when we stumbled across these when we were looking for chairs to go with our new table we had to at least give them a shot:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/c...4466p.html#srp

Bought 2 to try, bought 2 more immediately after, then decided on 2 more for when guests are over. Comfy, look great with our table, very light to move and easy to clean. The best price was a 2 pack for $99. Might not fit your decor but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw this out there for you. Comes in black too. We've been using them for 2-3 years now, still good as new.
    Thanks - I actually have those exact chairs in bar-height haha. They are not bad at all for the price.

We're going to wait until the table is in the house so we can better judge what chairs will look good with it, which I am still terrible at haha - usually we just do what the store employee tells us if they seem like they know what they're talking about.

I think there's a decent chance we just buy something cheap (like you posted) for now, and wait until the perfect chairs come along.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3