Quantcast
Furniture Recommendations - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Furniture Recommendations

My Ride
    V8s

Default Furniture Recommendations

We have done some rearranging in our house, and are looking at getting some new furniture (maybe another couch and a couple nice chairs). We aren't looking to spend $15k on a sofa (we have a young kid and nice stuff will probably get abused), but I want something other than (i.e. nicer than) Ikea.

We have a bunch of leather furniture from Nordesign, they seem to have been the sweet spot for decent quality at reasonable prices... but now that they're gone, not sure who else operates in their space? We like contemporary furniture, so places like EQ3 and structube have some appealing stuff... but it doesn't seem to be super great quality.

So, where can I go for decent quality without outrageous cost?

My Ride
    Blue boy

The bay?

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Were happy with our stuff from Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. We have it on our main floor for the "adult space". Our bonus room has an ikea sectional because we have a toddler. Removable/washable covers FTW. Its not outrageous expensive like Restoration Hardware or Ethan Allen. You could also checkout Showhome Furniture.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Urban Barn was my favorite when I was looking. I wanted solid, good quality made in Canada furniture that I could customize and not pay insane money for, and they fit the bill perfectly. Took me a LONG time to find it though because I started with all the usual stores.

All the bigger stores like Leons, Brick, Ashley, Sctuctube, Jysk, Ikea, etc. weren't nearly as nice, or you had to pay 3X as much to get something decent.

There is just SO much stuff out there though, it's hard to do your due diligence with furniture.

I have friends who bought $5K custom leather couches and either their dogs have destroyed them, or they are covered in blankets 24/7 to protect them, so either way you aren't enjoying it haha.

I'd avoid places like Revolve and the like where you can easily pay $5k+ for the same quality as much less expensive places.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Got our custom sectional from Urban Barn. Picked a durable ultra-suede (velvet) fabric and it showed up a couple weeks later. Super comfortable and decently priced if you wait for a 15%-20% sale on custom order stuff. They have hundreds of fabrics so you can definitely find something you'll like.

My Ride
    ute

Our Urban Barn stuff has been super durable...but we have it more in the TV room type places. Not sure if they can do more modern "front living room" type stuff.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We aren't looking to spend $15k on a sofa ...
    lol

My Ride
    V8s

Looks like we'll have to check out Urban Barn. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    We aren't looking to spend $15k on a sofa
    I hear there's one available at the New Horizon Mall.. Might want to put some of that savings to a cleaning

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

We got our sectional, coffee table, buffet, dining room table, bed, and dressers from Perfect Home and love it all still. They build everything in their shop in Airdrie, we usually get it delivered in 2-4 weeks. Here are some couch prices to see if it hits the mark on your budget - https://www.perfecthomefurniture.com...loveseats.html

I don't know what the quality is like, but Costco online has a ton of made in Canada furniture that goes on sale all the time. I know some of it is made in the same factory in Vancouver as Urban Barn uses (they usually specify made in Canada on the listing).

we love urban barn.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    We got our sectional, coffee table, buffet, dining room table, bed, and dressers from Perfect Home and love it all still. They build everything in their shop in Airdrie, we usually get it delivered in 2-4 weeks. Here are some couch prices to see if it hits the mark on your budget - https://www.perfecthomefurniture.com...loveseats.html
    You might be happy with what you purchased there (we have a basement sectional for the kids to jump on from Perfect Home), but it is most definitely not built at "their shop" in Airdrie.

Like most other furniture stores, they carry lines from other manufacturers that may or may not be made in Canada (for whatever that's worth to someone), but they do not have their own line or build their own furniture...

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Hmmm, I could have sworn they said most of our items were, maybe they just do the wood staining there and have a lot more stock out there.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

https://birchwoodfurniture.ca/

Solid wood. Canadian made (most of it anyway). Decent pricing considering the quality

EDIT: Disclosure- I do not run their marketing directly, but one of the companies I work for does.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

If you like EQ3 check out West Elm on 17th Ave. We've bought furniture from both and we've been happy with it.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    *The First*

La-Z-Boy is extremely comfortable, reasonably fashionable, high-quality but expensive* furniture.

*Still can't hold a candle to the cost of some of that Restoration Hardware or Crate & Barrel shit, though. Restoration Hardware needs to cover the cost of sending me 2-4 glossy textbooks a year because once I bought a kitchen utensil there, a decade ago. LoL!

My Ride
    2005 F350

we bought our sectional at Sofa Land right on Heritage drive. it was reasonably priced and we were able to customize it with different pieces and power reclining. their prices seemed very good and lots of selection.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I bought mine from Structube: https://www.structube.com/en/margot-...4-12?pid=19250

I compared it to the similar style of sofa's at IKEA and found the Structube one a bit better build quality (legs seemed more sturdy, bigger mounting hardware, more sturdy overall) and fabric quality seemed similar. Overall it felt a bit more trendy / modern, and IIRC they delivered it for free and brought it up the stairs for me (even took off their shoes on the carpet haha).

There's more expensive / bigger ones on there.

My Ride
    XT6

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    https://birchwoodfurniture.ca/

Solid wood. Canadian made (most of it anyway). Decent pricing considering the quality

EDIT: Disclosure- I do not run their marketing directly, but one of the companies I work for does.
    Exactly. Go see Stella

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast