Quantcast
Alberta Boot - All day comfort? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Alberta Boot - All day comfort?

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Default Alberta Boot - All day comfort?

Need a new pair of footwear for the farm, thinking I might splurge on some Alberta Boot (roper style). Can anyone comment on their comfort standing all day on concrete or walking outside? My sneakers and rubbers kill my feet, hoping for something better this time.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Pretty sure the owner is a beyonder
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Comfort is a really personal thing. I don't know if it's foot shape or what but some people love roper style boots and others hate em for comfort.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lariat

Hey guys! Thanks for the mention.

The big thing that sets our boots apart is a leather insole and a steel shank. The leather insole will form to your feet and the steel shank will provide arch support for the life of the boot. I can be in the back making boots all day standing on my feet on concrete without any issues. If I did that in my running shoes I would be complaining in minutes. Best thing to do is pop in and we can fit you both for size and width. Then you can see all the different options/colours as well.
    -Ben
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

nothing beats a pair of mucks at the farm

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post

The big thing that sets our boots apart is a leather insole and a steel shank. The leather insole will form to your feet and the steel shank will provide arch support for the life of the boot. I can be in the back making boots all day standing on my feet on concrete without any issues. If I did that in my running shoes I would be complaining in minutes. Best thing to do is pop in and we can fit you both for size and width. Then you can see all the different options/colours as well.
    -Ben
    Sweet - I'll def be making a visit once I'm back in the city

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    nothing beats a pair of mucks at the farm
    That's exactly what I wear right now - I love em but they just aren't meant for all day concrete. Also kinda clumsy for climbing around on equipment

My Ride
    13 Cayenne Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post
    I need a pair too, let me know when you go and I'll tag along. Always nice to meet/support fellow beyonders!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Beyond bootie meet? I have two pairs of Alberta boots. But woukd love to chat with the man about em.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I bought a pair of Justin pull on CSA boots there and after the first week, fit my feet like a glove. Very nice.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    13 AUDI A4, 14 TUNDRA SR5, 12 VW GOLF TDI

I had a pair of service boots custom made by Alberta boot company with brown crepe sole. It's awesome boots and the fit gets better with more wears.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    I am in for a Beyond Alberta Boot group buy!
    I'm in if there's a group buy.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Can we get a beyond logo sewn into the side of the boot LOL
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Ya, probably (not kidding).

I've been a customer of Alberta Boot exactly twice in the time I've lived in Calgary (since 1994).

1. Just moved here and was working in a warehouse. Once ever few months the bossman would take all the new hires down to Alberta Boot for proper work boots with steel toes. I was near-homeless broke when I got the job so I sure as shit didn't have money for proper work boots. He takes five of us into the store down on 10th Ave (I think that's where it used to be) and he knows the girls in there. Tells them "here's the next batch, set them up". I felt like I mattered, the company paid for these high quality boots and I work them standing on concrete every day for the next five years and those boots held up like champs. That was 25 years ago and they're still in the basement but I don't have much need for steel toes anymore.

2. A few years back I was in a position to spoil myself with some nice "going on the town" boots. I didn't really know what that would look like when began the project but I was pretty sure I would only need to go to one store. I went in and the lady I worked with spent two or three hours with me (the store wasn't super busy) and she explained the whole process to me. Custom measured and built to fit. I went balls out and picked my hide (Mississippi alligator, one per boot), custom monogrammed pull tabs, stitching pattern on the boot, even the colouring on the heel. Every single component of those boots was chosen by me and there isn't another pair in the world like them. I love wearing those goddamned things and they were worth every...single...penny. The customer service was top shelf and I wouldn't buy boots anywhere else.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by skandalouz_08 View Post
    I need a pair too, let me know when you go and I'll tag along. Always nice to meet/support fellow beyonders!
    Lets do it!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman86 View Post

That's exactly what I wear right now - I love em but they just aren't meant for all day concrete. Also kinda clumsy for climbing around on equipment
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Beyond bootie meet? I have two pairs of Alberta boots. But woukd love to chat with the man about em.
    Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by muse017 View Post
    I had a pair of service boots custom made by Alberta boot company with brown crepe sole. It's awesome boots and the fit gets better with more wears.
    Great to hear!

I am in for a Beyond Alberta Boot group buy!
    Lets set something up!

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    I'm in if there's a group buy.
    Yes!

@asp integra So what is the minimum number of people we need to make this happen?
    One is the minimum requirement, I try and do 10% off for all beyond members who come in, I can't advertise it here though as I'm not a site sponsor

We definitely can!

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Ya, probably (not kidding).

I've been a customer of Alberta Boot exactly twice in the time I've lived in Calgary (since 1994).

1. Just moved here and was working in a warehouse. Once ever few months the bossman would take all the new hires down to Alberta Boot for proper work boots with steel toes. I was near-homeless broke when I got the job so I sure as shit didn't have money for proper work boots. He takes five of us into the store down on 10th Ave (I think that's where it used to be) and he knows the girls in there. Tells them "here's the next batch, set them up". I felt like I mattered, the company paid for these high quality boots and I work them standing on concrete every day for the next five years and those boots held up like champs. That was 25 years ago and they're still in the basement but I don't have much need for steel toes anymore.

2. A few years back I was in a position to spoil myself with some nice "going on the town" boots. I didn't really know what that would look like when began the project but I was pretty sure I would only need to go to one store. I went in and the lady I worked with spent two or three hours with me (the store wasn't super busy) and she explained the whole process to me. Custom measured and built to fit. I went balls out and picked my hide (Mississippi alligator, one per boot), custom monogrammed pull tabs, stitching pattern on the boot, even the colouring on the heel. Every single component of those boots was chosen by me and there isn't another pair in the world like them. I love wearing those goddamned things and they were worth every...single...penny. The customer service was top shelf and I wouldn't buy boots anywhere else.
    Thats great to hear, glad we were able to make your visits special. I always say that people come in and pay for a great customer service experience and end up with a nice pair of boots at the end.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post

-Ben
    @asp integra

I'm curious about this. You mention that the shank will provide arch support and the insole will form to your feet. I'm guessing that the use of orthotics with the boots isn't an option, but would the shank and sole, in your opinion, be enough to make up for the lack of orthotics? I have pretty wide feet as well, so the custom fitting option is nice.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    @asp integra

I'm curious about this. You mention that the shank will provide arch support and the insole will form to your feet. I'm guessing that the use of orthotics with the boots isn't an option, but would the shank and sole, in your opinion, be enough to make up for the lack of orthotics? I have pretty wide feet as well, so the custom fitting option is nice.
    Great question, it really depends on what you wear orthotics for. If it's a support issue, then you can wear our boots without any orthotic because of the arch support built in due to the natural curvature along with the steel shank. Quite a few pediatrists in town recommend our boots to customers who need footwear with support.

If you wear an orthotic for other reasons and need to have them in the boots, then we will fit you up with the orthotic, it usually means going up a size or going wider. Our insole is not removable because it is part of the structure of the boot.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver: