Quantcast
+15 Food - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 179

Thread: +15 Food

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    11

    Default +15 Food

    So with the cold weather setting in I mostly stick to the +15 for lunches and curious what is everyone's favorite spots or places you avoid?

    What places have some good specials?
    Places to grab a quick lunch and go?
    Places to sit down for a longer lunch with a client or colleague?
    Nolan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,010
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I definitely avoid any Tims during the day - only time I go is if its 9pm and its the only place open.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,736
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Can't you just follow the trail of AirPods?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,359
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Once it's full winter, get yourself out of the office early, and eat your lunch on the top floor of TD square or in the Devonian garden. Humid and sunny, that's a great combination. Don't show up at 12:15 though, that's amateur hour. Be there at 11:30.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once it's full winter, get yourself out of the office early, and eat your lunch on the top floor of TD square or in the Devonian garden. Humid and sunny, that's a great combination. Don't show up at 12:15 though, that's amateur hour. Be there at 11:30.
    I've gone to the devonian garden a few times and enjoyed chilling there for a bit. Good to know about the times though, it was always reasonably dead during summers went I went.
    Nolan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,010
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once it's full winter, get yourself out of the office early, and eat your lunch on the top floor of TD square or in the Devonian garden. Humid and sunny, that's a great combination. Don't show up at 12:15 though, that's amateur hour. Be there at 11:30.
    Nuts to that - all the nerds know that solar noon happens (in places with seasonal time change) at just after 1pm in the winter. :p

    https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/calgary

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,359
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuts to that - all the nerds know that solar noon happens (in places with seasonal time change) at just after 1pm in the winter. :p

    https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/canada/calgary
    Bro, that's great if you like not being able to find somewhere to sit to eat your lunch. Me, I prefer a chair in the "nearly full" sunshine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    DEBT
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    What end of DT are you on?

    Also, just discovered the Chevron +15 is open again. woo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    21,027
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Lunch Today - Surprisingly decent Pho. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lunch-today-calgary
    Tiki Ming @ 5th & 5th - Ask for the off menu double satay beef on fried rice like the tall Chinese guy orders.
    Shinjuku - Main floor in our new office. Guess I'm going to end up here a lot. Ramen is OK, Katsu Curry Don is great with tabasco (bring your own) https://www.shinjukuramennoodlebar.com
    Kona Poke - https://www.konapoke.com
    Fatburger Bankers Hall
    Nexen Building food court has some decent places, the Japanese place w/Spam Musabi, the pizza place, but RIP those restaurants now that building is empty. Even Starbucks closed down.
    Restaurant wise, Cactus Club for the eye candy, Earls for earls food, Goro + Gun for quick meal. Beside Goro + Gun, the SAIT student kitchen is randomly decent too.

    Those are my regular spots.

    Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, just discovered the Chevron +15 is open again. woo
    It wasn't open at 7:45am this AM. Nice to see I don't have to go outside anymore!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  10. #10
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I'm on the west end so 5&5 is a decent sized food court, otherwise there's a couple in nexen, and a decent chinese place and sandwich shop in the fina building. Also Marcellos in amec place is an alright place, its like a takeout buffet style, charge by weight, they have chinese, butter chicken, salad stuff, they also do sandwiches and other stuff.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What end of DT are you on?

    Also, just discovered the Chevron +15 is open again. woo
    More so the east end but I walk as much as I can to use up the time so sometimes wander anywhere from Harry Hays to the end of the Core shopping center. So pretty much anywhere in side works.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lunch Today - Surprisingly decent Pho. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lunch-today-calgary
    Tiki Ming @ 5th & 5th - Ask for the off menu double satay beef on fried rice like the tall Chinese guy orders.
    Shinjuku - Main floor in our new office. Guess I'm going to end up here a lot. Ramen is OK, Katsu Curry Don is great with tabasco (bring your own) https://www.shinjukuramennoodlebar.com
    Kona Poke - https://www.konapoke.com
    Fatburger Bankers Hall
    Nexen Building food court has some decent places, the Japanese place w/Spam Musabi, the pizza place, but RIP those restaurants now that building is empty. Even Starbucks closed down.
    Restaurant wise, Cactus Club for the eye candy, Earls for earls food, Goro + Gun for quick meal. Beside Goro + Gun, the SAIT student kitchen is randomly decent too.
    Sweet, thanks! I'll give some of those a shot.

    As for me I quite like going to Hula for their Pokebowls I think in the Cenovus building (Still learning which are which). I also always see a huge ass line for Omi in the Suncor building but have yet to go. Seems crazy how many people wait for that.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-05-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    Nolan

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    DEBT
    Posts
    1,338
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lunch Today - Surprisingly decent Pho. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lunch-today-calgary
    Tiki Ming @ 5th & 5th - Ask for the off menu double satay beef on fried rice like the tall Chinese guy orders.
    Shinjuku - Main floor in our new office. Guess I'm going to end up here a lot. Ramen is OK, Katsu Curry Don is great with tabasco (bring your own) https://www.shinjukuramennoodlebar.com
    Kona Poke - https://www.konapoke.com
    Fatburger Bankers Hall
    Nexen Building food court has some decent places, the Japanese place w/Spam Musabi, the pizza place, but RIP those restaurants now that building is empty. Even Starbucks closed down.
    Restaurant wise, Cactus Club for the eye candy, Earls for earls food, Goro + Gun for quick meal. Beside Goro + Gun, the SAIT student kitchen is randomly decent too.

    Those are my regular spots.


    It wasn't open at 7:45am this AM. Nice to see I don't have to go outside anymore!
    You must be close by to me. I frequent these spots as well, just had pho at Lunch today. Ever try Rita's sandwich shop? I've been going there more frequently - pretty decent soup & sandwiches there.

    Also, there is Fresh choices I think in 639 5th ave that has decent wraps.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More so the east end but I walk as much as I can to use up the time so sometimes wander anywhere from Harry Hays to the end of the Core shopping center. So pretty much anywhere in side works.
    Holy grill if you haven't tried that yet or Olly Fresco's (similar to Marcello's). Those are closer to you.

  13. #13
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must be close by to me. I frequent these spots as well, just had pho at Lunch today. Ever try Rita's sandwich shop? I've been going there more frequently - pretty decent soup & sandwiches there.

    Also, there is Fresh choices I think in 639 5th ave that has decent wraps.
    yeah ritas is good, $8 for a sammich and soup, not a bad deal.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bowtie
    Posts
    3,027
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I like the food court in fifth avenue place. OEB, that healthy bar with them chia bowls or something (forgot the name of the place), Wendy’s.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More so the east end but I walk as much as I can to use up the time so sometimes wander anywhere from Harry Hays to the end of the Core shopping center. So pretty much anywhere in side works.

    I also always see a huge ass line for Omi in the Suncor building but have yet to go. Seems crazy how many people wait for that.
    Would you say you walk around for ~50 minutes in the +15 during the lunch hour? Dropped airpods count?

    Sate beef pho at Omi is my default for the odd day I don't bring leftovers for lunch, it's actually better than a lot of sit down Viet restaurants. The line usually moves pretty quick, but if it's past the Japanese place I'll go to Thai Express instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lunch Today - Surprisingly decent Pho. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lunch-today-calgary
    Sounds like a "surprisingly decent pho" comparison is needed.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

  16. #16
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,635
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the food court in fifth avenue place. OEB, that healthy bar with them chia bowls or something (forgot the name of the place), Wendy’s.
    i hate that the only Wendy's is way over there, or in Gulf, still far for me from the west side...... but its probably better that way, lol
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lunch Today - Surprisingly decent Pho. https://www.yelp.ca/biz/lunch-today-calgary
    Tiki Ming @ 5th & 5th - Ask for the off menu double satay beef on fried rice like the tall Chinese guy orders.
    Shinjuku - Main floor in our new office. Guess I'm going to end up here a lot. Ramen is OK, Katsu Curry Don is great with tabasco (bring your own) https://www.shinjukuramennoodlebar.com
    Kona Poke - https://www.konapoke.com
    Fatburger Bankers Hall
    Nexen Building food court has some decent places, the Japanese place w/Spam Musabi, the pizza place, but RIP those restaurants now that building is empty. Even Starbucks closed down.
    Restaurant wise, Cactus Club for the eye candy, Earls for earls food, Goro + Gun for quick meal. Beside Goro + Gun, the SAIT student kitchen is randomly decent too.

    Those are my regular spots.


    It wasn't open at 7:45am this AM. Nice to see I don't have to go outside anymore!
    You are very close to me. Hotel for an hour?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i hate that the only Wendy's is way over there, or in Gulf, still far for me from the west side...... but its probably better that way, lol
    5 & 5 Wendy's sucks. Other one is way better.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,010
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bro, that's great if you like not being able to find somewhere to sit to eat your lunch. Me, I prefer a chair in the "nearly full" sunshine.
    Duuuude - im talking about 130-2pm 'lunches' .... (bankers' hours)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say you walk around for ~50 minutes in the +15 during the lunch hour? Dropped airpods count?

    Sate beef pho at Omi is my default for the odd day I don't bring leftovers for lunch, it's actually better than a lot of sit down Viet restaurants. The line usually moves pretty quick, but if it's past the Japanese place I'll go to Thai Express instead.


    Sounds like a "surprisingly decent pho" comparison is needed.
    Van Express. The two daughters are as hot as the soup.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,359
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duuuude - im talking about 130-2pm 'lunches' .... (bankers' hours)
    That makes sense dudebro

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Majority of Calgary food trucks fail to make the food safety grade

    By rob the knob in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 42
    Latest Threads: 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
  2. Time to get mcdonald food trays

    By Dirty_SOHC in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 02-11-2003, 12:35 AM
  3. food poisoning?

    By Lo)2enz0 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 01-29-2003, 12:43 PM
  4. 24-hour food

    By mrmattyk in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 01-12-2003, 03:01 PM
  5. Your Favorite Food?

    By Zephyr in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 27
    Latest Threads: 12-02-2002, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •