Quantcast
I got a stunting ticket in the mail. Dash cam user complained to police about me. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a stunting ticket in the mail. Dash cam user complained to police about me.

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This may very well be the case. But I have to somewhat disagree.
    You can disagree all you want. Fact is you were charged with Stunting. You still don't have a defense even considered against the stunting charge, and you're planning to go argue something non relevant to your case in court. Sounds like you've forfeited this already but just want to argue about the traffic act.

If you want to argue with a judge about lane splitting(who is just going to shut you down, say guilty, and kick you out of his court room) that's fine and dandy. But I would at least consider mounting some type of defense against what you were charged with. You're going to be there anyway, might as well give it a shot at getting off. Start looking up case law where people have got off stunting tickets that were used as some type of catch all. Argue that what you did was for your safety and not meant to distract. For the love of god do something related to your ticket.
    Last edited by Misterman; 12-13-2019 at 08:33 AM.

My Ride
    ute

I don't see many of you doing the bright thing and encouraging the op do what is most entertaining for us.

Well he is kind of committed now, it would be folly to tuck one's tail between one's legs and not peruse this any further. Alternative is to meticulously go through and delete every one of their posts and then quietly disappear although the Internet seems to have a very good memory.

Plug along OP, plug along. I suppose it's sort of like my wife's outstanding law suit from an accident she was involved in some 4+ years ago, she could've easily taken the other side's first offer but damn it, her current guaranteed compromised health and future health is worth more then the piddly amounts they've offered thus far. OP has rights as well and should peruse what he feels is a complete injustice being served up upon so many, yeah I want that concrete truck snuggling up between me and the school bus next to me because there just might be room to do so.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Argue that what you did was for your safety and not meant to distract. For the love of god do something related to your ticket.
    This!
    Were you behind the bus initially?

It's a long shot but you could say something like.. It was a safety maneuver as the bus was big and long and you didn't know if the car behind was paying enough attention. Last thing you wanted was to get hit and get crushed behind a bus. Don't focus on what a lane is or the benefits of lane filtering, talk about what you did and why you did it in a meaningful way that shows it was not "stunting".

Otherwise you might as well just bring an example clip of traffic in India and say "See? Lane markings don't mean anything!"

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't see many of you doing the bright thing and encouraging the op do what is most entertaining for us.
    We know what we're doing...

My Ride
    Hybrid

This only works if someone is there to watch
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    pretty much all of us accept lane markings as a definition of where one lane ends and the neighboring lane begins.
    That isn't what the definition of a lane is. Law says longitudinal width 'whether or not that division is indicated by lines on the roadway'.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This!
    Were you behind the bus initially?

It's a long shot but you could say something like.. It was a safety maneuver as the bus was big and long and you didn't know if the car behind was paying enough attention. Last thing you wanted was to get hit and get crushed behind a bus.[/i]
    This is really what I'd like to go for. But I'd have to explain it in a way that keeps myself distanced from being the rider. I don't want to incriminate myself. So I'd have to explain it as 'the rider that day rode between the vehicles to the stop line so as to not get rear ended and crushed into the bus.' But yes, I was behind the bus initially. The cameras on the bus show this. Shows me shoulder check, indicate left, and proceed to stop line.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Update:

Had the 'court' appearance today. Time was for 930am, I got there at 8:50. Place was packed with people waiting to see the Crown. I took a number and waited. Got called in. He says I received the ticket because of a complaint over a vehicle that belongs to me. Nothing he can do for me.

Jesus these guys are stingy now. Didn't even offer any money off lol.

I got back out of his office and went to the counter to plead Not Guilty and set a date. Adjourned for a few months now.

Astute observation - Holy shit, there are tons of hotties fighting their tickets nowadays. Place was packed with good looking women around every corner.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Astute observation - Holy shit, there are tons of hotties fighting their tickets nowadays. Place was packed with good looking women around every corner.
    Tits can't get out of photo radar tickets.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

I think it's hilarious that you signalled yourself onto a lane marking.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Tits can't get out of photo radar tickets.
    Very true. the women out numbered the men like 3 to 1.

I think it's hilarious that you signalled yourself onto a lane marking.
    You should indicate when changing lanes. So I shoulder checked and signalled left.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    This and that.

They will have to get the person who filed the complaint at trial. If not, pull the charge. So worse case scenario at least you would have hassled the complainant enough to make them regret their decision. lol.

My Ride
    ute

But how did you know you were changing lanes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    They will have to get the person who filed the complaint at trial. If not, pull the charge. So worse case scenario at least you would have hassled the complainant enough to make them regret their decision. lol.
    I called in a drunk driver once, and the 911 dispatcher asked me if I was willing to testify or something (maybe it was the cop).

Fuck no, I said.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Yah. I wonder what she's going to think when she gets the call that there is now a trial over this and has to come in. Never know, maybe she really enjoys doing this sort of thing.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

prob 50/50 for no show for trial - having said that I have gone to trial as a witness on 2 occasions for vehicle incidents. Both non-trivial.

Would I do it for a person speeding or lane splitting, no - but if someone was seriously jeopardizing safety, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I called in a drunk driver once, and the 911 dispatcher asked me if I was willing to testify or something (maybe it was the cop).

Fuck no, I said.
    Shame that you feel that isn't worth taking the time to remove someone who could endanger your families/friends/etc. lives off the road to assist in the case.

My Ride
    This and that.

But how did you know you were changing lanes?

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck no, I said.
    Lol. I just grilled the shit out of a civilian security guard complainant on cross-examination who reported my client as a drunk driver. My client blew .07 but the a rookie cop still charged her with impaired driving. That was a one-off cross that is shown in movies - after I was done the cop was so embarrassed. Admitted to being a rookie at the time, not taking proper notes and testifying how my client was behaving so belligerently and smelt like booze so had to be impaired. After I was done my cross with her, the Crown just dismissed the charge. So that's my long way of saying perhaps you saved yourself a lot of embarassment by not testifying.

Just depends on a specific situation. If the person is so bad that they are endangering lives then yes you should testify. But if it's situation where the person MAY have been drinking and are sitting in their in a parking lot and not actively driving (like my client) then maybe not.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Lol. I just grilled the shit out of a civilian security guard complainant on cross-examination who reported my client as a drunk driver. My client blew .07 but the a rookie cop still charged her with impaired driving. That was a one-off cross that is shown in movies - after I was done the cop was so embarrassed. Admitted to being a rookie at the time, not taking proper notes and testifying how my client was behaving so belligerently and smelt like booze so had to be impaired. After I was done my cross with her, the Crown just dismissed the charge. So that's my long way of saying perhaps you saved yourself a lot of embarassment by not testifying.

Just depends on a specific situation. If the person is so bad that they are endangering lives then yes you should testify. But if it's situation where the person MAY have been drinking and are sitting in their in a parking lot and not actively driving (like my client) then maybe not.
    Name:  UntriedEvergreenLice-size_restricted.gif
Views: 440
Size:  4.52 MB
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    Shame that you feel that isn't worth taking the time to remove someone who could endanger your families/friends/etc. lives off the road to assist in the case.
    snitches get stitches

My Ride
    ute

The reason I didn't was more simple: I told them where I was, following behind the guy weaving like a motherfucker. I couldn't see any more than the back of the car, hadn't seen the driver. Drop your Tim's, get your fucking lights and sirens on and roll up behind this drunk and arrest him. What do you need me to testify for if you are doing your job correctly? No chance my testimony would have been useful.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast