Quantcast
Don Cherry fired - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 221

Thread: Don Cherry fired

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Ride
    S54 M Coupe
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Also, just for the record I walk and work in downtown Toronto every day. Tons of poppies.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, watching kert dig her usual hole of nonsense is fun.
    I’m back to being her now? Can you all just make up your mind?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím back to being her now? Can you alljust make up your mind?
    Wow you bigoted piece of shit, can we cancel culture kertejud now?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, just for the record I walk and work in downtown Toronto every day. Tons of poppies.
    Except for those Scottish and Irish people, obviously.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know what I said and I meant it. Still do. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers,"
    I dont disagree with that at all. BUT that is not what he said.
    In my opinion its not about him saying "you people" its about "You people Ö you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey" How does that not mean Immigrant?
    I dont care for the dude either way, but a public apology should have been enough

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    668
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    His hockey analysis was idiotic. He's always been a prejudiced dipshit. See ya later, fuckface. Hope someone breaks your skull open with a hockey stick.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,563
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His hockey analysis was idiotic. He's always been a prejudiced dipshit.
    it's my opinion that you are correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    It was pretty clear what he was trying to say and was clearly in the wrong. This really has nothing to do with cancel culture, he should have been gone a long time ago. People getting in trouble saying idiotic things in the present is fine with me, the people getting in trouble for shit that happened years ago is what is wrong.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,084
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do they benefit by catering to cancel culture?
    Stops the amplified backlash.

    For the record, I haven't even watched Coach's Corner for a decade. I don't care for Don Cherry.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Better ways have been invented, they've just all been rejected by the legion. The center pin style was pretty popular when they sold it. And I saw a very unofficial magnet back system that would be great for them to adopt.
    I turned one into a magnetic one for my wife, super easy and no more accidental pokes. I bet price is the reason they stick with the pins.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I turned one into a magnetic one for my wife, super easy and no more accidental pokes.
    Accidental pokes? We talking poppies still?? Or move to Ask Leo section?

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Am I the only one that didn't read that as hate on immigrant but against everyone who doesn't wear a poppy?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,044
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that didn't read that as hate on immigrant but against everyone who doesn't wear a poppy?
    Agreed here. Don Cherry isn’t a racist.

    This is just ban culture with the entitled progressive leftists looking for their new pound of flesh to destroy to make them feel good about themselves.

    I find firing Don Cherry over defending Vets and Remembrance Day far more offensive than anything he said, even construed as badly as possible, the whole situation is sad and sportsnet should give their heads a shake.

    If you want to fire Cherry fine, but this was a pretty stupid fucking excuse.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stops the amplified backlash.
    So if it isn't a money decision what are they worried about losing with all this backlash?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Strathmore
    My Ride
    2004 Dirtymax
    Posts
    1,802
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that didn't read that as hate on immigrant but against everyone who doesn't wear a poppy?
    Welcome to over sensitive oh woe is me I'm a snowflake society.

    Its crazy how bent out of shape people will get if you say "you people" in a conversation.

    I took zero offense to what he said.. but I'm also in a age generation that has thick skin and understand "shop talk".

    People just want to feel special and like they matter in any way they can and unfortunately Don took the brunt of it.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    370Z duhh
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Uhhhhh.... after he said "You people", he said "come here and....."

    Who else would he be talking about?

    Shop talk is fine. I hear it all the time playing hockey... but let's get real here, we all know he's a bigoted asshole.

    What has this old fart done to get any respect anyways? Was he even a successful coach?
    Last edited by 370Z; 11-12-2019 at 12:48 PM.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if it isn't a money decision what are they worried about losing with all this backlash?
    It is entirely a money decision how dense can one person be

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,511
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got fired because sports net has wanted him gone for long time now and this was the perfect excuse.
    While I think DC and Rogers didn't start out very good when Rogers bought the rights in 2013, the arrangement was fine over the last 6 season. Asking DC to apologize when people these days just lacks comprehension is wrong.

    The only outcome out of this is the REAL racists will now take this and run with it to shore up their numbers.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    571
    Rep Power
    9

    Default


  20. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '17 Ridgeline
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed here. Don Cherry isn’t a racist.

    This is just ban culture with the entitled progressive leftists looking for their new pound of flesh to destroy to make them feel good about themselves.

    I find firing Don Cherry over defending Vets and Remembrance Day far more offensive than anything he said, even construed as badly as possible, the whole situation is sad and sportsnet should give their heads a shake.

    If you want to fire Cherry fine, but this was a pretty stupid fucking excuse.
    I couldn't agree more. He was a great advocate for Veterans and the Military. He often was the only person on TV to show pictures of fallen soldiers and do a moment of silence for them. He's old school. No different then most boomers in regards to his opinions. Cherry is gonna Cherry.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Papandreou fired! Berlusconi fired? Merkel "decade"

    By ZenOps in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
  2. Don Cherry Story

    By Hakkola in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM
  3. Boo Don Cherry, hire this Canadian Chick.

    By Pihsiak in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 12-06-2005, 10:37 AM
  4. Don Cherry in trouble again...

    By fast95pony in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
  5. for don cherry fans and foes

    By german in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 12-12-2003, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •