Quantcast
Don Cherry fired - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Cherry fired

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Ron should be ashamed of himself.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Old school Cherry - making fun of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRm_K9OpYbo

Cherry with Rick Mercer - how he will probably end up quitting (broadcast 10 years ago)

https://youtu.be/EFPuMzza9hk?t=278
    Last edited by revelations; 11-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

It's crazy to me how much coverage this has gotten. He's a loud mouth celebrity, who fucking cares what he thinks, move on.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's crazy to me how much coverage this has gotten. He's a loud mouth celebrity, who fucking cares what he thinks, move on.
    People are easily triggered and offended in today’s Canadian society. Seems to be mostly from the 20-30 suburban crowd who are pissed off they can’t buy real estate on a 100k combined salary in Canada’s largest cities. They are mad at boomers for “winning the real estate lottery” and use big words and talk loudly, while at the same time have nothing to say. My brother and his gf are one of these people, they will have a very hard life ahead if they are pissed off at the country all the time. Worst of all, nothing will change their point of view and they won’t even consider someone elses.

I liked don cherry on HNIC, his hockey insights were entertaining and he was right on a lot of hockey related topics. Hopefully Kevin Bieksa takes his place.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Lol at Ron. Not sure how someone can honor someone yet throw them under the bus at the same time. Problem when you try to please everyone is you end up pissing off both sides.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Ron seems to be the corporate head sucking wiesel type. Never liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    People are easily triggered and offended in today’s Canadian society. Seems to be mostly from the 20-30 suburban crowd who are pissed off they can’t buy real estate on a 100k combined salary in Canada’s largest cities. They are mad at boomers for “winning the real estate lottery” and use big words and talk loudly, while at the same time have nothing to say. My brother and his gf are one of these people, they will have a very hard life ahead if they are pissed off at the country all the time. Worst of all, nothing will change their point of view and they won’t even consider someone elses.

I liked don cherry on HNIC, his hockey insights were entertaining and he was right on a lot of hockey related topics. Hopefully Kevin Bieksa takes his place.
    Have they tried moving to Europe? I hear homes are very affordable there.

It's crazy how people let the narrative of this nonsense get so off track. All I really see is arguing over whether what he said was about immigrants or not. Who gives a fuck if it was about immigrants? There is nothing offensive about asking people to show a little respect for the people that died so you could enjoy this country. He said "You people", not "All you sand niggas" And this really is the irony of the self destructive insane left wing. They say shit like this "You can't say YOU PEOPLE!" ummm, why? Do you not consider immigrants to be people you fucking bigot?

Seems like we as a society need to figure out a way to stop allowing the small minority of the extreme left to dictate the path of our culture. There is this band of trolls that scour the internet and news media for things to pretend to be offended by, and then they band together to scream loud enough at the world to trick people and corporations into thing they're the majority, and therefore their opinions should dictate change. And people keep falling for it even though they, or nobody they know, thinks that way.

My Ride

With this whole "ok boomer" stuff, I wonder what Gen Z and onward are going to call Millennials when they are old? "ok lennies" lol.

It seems weird but I already see first hand how we are going to be perceived as we get older as the snowflake culture is only going to get more pronounced.
    No different than the racist old grandma presently that can't stop saying the N-word. That's us with the "you people!" in 30+ years lol
    Last edited by Disoblige; 11-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    With this whole "ok boomer" stuff, I wonder what Gen Z and onward are going to call Millennials when they are old? "ok lennies" lol.

It seems weird but I already see first hand how we are going to be perceived as we get older as the snowflake culture is only going to get more pronounced.
    No different than the racist old grandma presently that can't stop saying the N-word. That's us with the "you people!" in 30+ years lol
    The climates going to kill us all well before that happens.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    The climates going to kill us all well before that happens.
    It's going to be hilarious when everything's going to be about the same 20 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post

Gen Z is calling Gen X 'the Karen' generation (too busy demanding to talk to a manager and yell at fast food staff to care about important things), it'll be the generation after them that takes it to Millennials.

Basically the generations are getting mad at their parents.

Boomers raised Millenials.
    Gen X is raising Gen Z
    Millennial kids are soon to enter the scene

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Gen Z is calling Gen X 'the Karen' generation (too busy demanding to talk to a manager and yell at fast food staff to care about important things)
    If I ordered 10 nuggets and they only gave me 9, that's fucking important shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Gen Z is calling Gen X 'the Karen' generation (too busy demanding to talk to a manager and yell at fast food staff to care about important things), it'll be the generation after them that takes it to Millennials.
    This is why we need a global 1 child policy so there is less of them to bug us when we're old. They can be called the loner gen.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Don Cherry launched his podcast today. Kind of weird platform to use, boomers have no clue WTF a podcast is.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Gen Z is calling Gen X 'the Karen' generation

The "Karen" generation sums it up perfectly. My girlfriend is a school teacher and it is scary how parents think these days. They need to know what their kids are doing at every moment, debate curriculum, and argue about how grades are calculated etc. etc. etc. rather than focusing on the actual education those kids are receiving. I'm not sure how they expect teachers to plan lessons if they're expected to individually messaging every parent each night with a status update on how wonderful their kids are. It is also clear that their children are all perfect and would never misbehave - and any discipline is due to a problem with the teacher, rather than the student (since their kids are perfect).

Based on how I've seen Millenials parent so far (lots of screentime - mobile phones, tablets, etc.) and the use of tech to raise their kids, I can't see them being any better.

Society is F'd.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Don Cherry launched his podcast today. Kind of weird platform to use, boomers have no clue WTF a podcast is.
    20 minutes of Cherry rambling with no censor button will be highly annoying but interesting.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    The "Karen" generation sums it up perfectly. My girlfriend is a school teacher and it is scary how parents think these days. They need to know what their kids are doing at every moment, debate curriculum, and argue about how grades are calculated etc. etc. etc. rather than focusing on the actual education those kids are receiving. I'm not sure how they expect teachers to plan lessons if they're expected to individually messaging every parent each night with a status update on how wonderful their kids are. It is also clear that their children are all perfect and would never misbehave - and any discipline is due to a problem with the teacher, rather than the student (since their kids are perfect).

Based on how I've seen Millenials parent so far (lots of screentime - mobile phones, tablets, etc.) and the use of tech to raise their kids, I can't see them being any better.

Society is F'd.
    TIL I'm raising kids like a millennial.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

It's obvious Beyond is getting older. And more crotchety
    Last edited by msommers; 11-20-2019 at 09:32 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ford F150

Millenials are what, 38 or 39 now? Some of them have full grown kids.

If anything, generational names cover too wide of an age gap.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast