Quantcast
Zwift online cycling - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Zwift online cycling

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Apparently the 8000 people on the 7am blew up the system hahaha. my friend was unimpressed

My Ride
    Wankels!

8000 people in one ride? Holy shit. I guess there are 5000 signed up for the one at noon.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

i think the start line fried a few computers... im doubtful that my 10 year old mac would handle it. it takes 5 minutes to switch worlds...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Wow! I’m just on a 4K Apple TV, pretty smooth experience

I was on the 12 pm ride. Loaded fine, rode fine, finished it. Tried to exit... nothing. Just waits at the save & exit screen with the circle thingy looping over the button. This was on pc. Left it for like 15 mins, same. Opened the companion app, looks like I’m still logged in.

So lost the credit, the drops, and my two weekly goals which was met during the ride

My Ride
    Wankels!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was on the 12 pm ride. Loaded fine, rode fine, finished it. Tried to exit... nothing. Just waits at the save & exit screen with the circle thingy looping over the button. This was on pc. Left it for like 15 mins, same. Opened the companion app, looks like I’m still logged in.

So lost the credit, the drops, and my two weekly goals which was met during the ride
    Ugh, that sucks. The 4PM ride only had ~1200 people in it, but lots of participants were saying they crashed out of the first ride (or first AND second ride). I tried to get to the front as fast as possible to thin out how many people were on my screen, in an attempt to prevent lag. Started mid pack on the pier so had to sit at 350w for 4 minutes to slowly drag my way to the front. Ended up getting into a good group of about 6 once the Epic KOM started. Brisk pace up the whole climb. Pulled a few more people back on the descent keeping the power on, then kept the group together for a more reasonable pace up Volcano KOM. Ended up sprinting and grabbing 25th place. 13th place on zwiftpower.com which eliminates anyone not registered or not on a power meter.
    Fitness is starting to come back - 296W average (300W weighted) for 1:16, which makes for 4.1w/kg average. Likely a new indoor PR.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

You’re a beast Niels. My fitness has equaled my sourdough consumption...

My Ride
    Wankels!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    You’re a beast Niels. My fitness has equaled my sourdough consumption...
    I'm drinking a lot more scotch lately. Have you tried that? It seems to be working for me so far.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin_Racecar View Post
    I'm drinking a lot more scotch lately. Have you tried that? It seems to be working for me so far.
    Maybe I’ll give that a shot. Sourdough and liquid sourdough don’t appear to give me any gains

I saw the two of you signed up for the same ride. I was tempted to go again, but that will destroy my chance to even finish any of the remaining ones. I'll try to do the two remaining stages despite "missing" stage 1. Think I'm two away from 25 times up Alpe Du Zwift, and I haven't got the Pretzel route achievement yet. Good to know there are other people suffering with you.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Niels doesn’t suffer, is the problem!

Apparently as long as you do day 3 you get the achievement... just get on it! I’m not crushing the hills as I want to walk the next day!

My Ride
    Wankels!

I do suffer, but the faster you get the shorter you suffer for in these events.

I wonder if there will be a make-up day like they did with Tour of Watopia. I'll probably do stage 2 today, but at an easy pace. Then maybe another hammer fest tomorrow for the long one. Looks like the pretzel should take about 2 hours?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Stage 2 today.. reminder to check your bikes and how well they’re on your trainer. Looked down halfway up the Alpe and my thru axle had come undone... that woulda been bad on a carbon frame

My Ride
    Wankels!

You're obviously putting in too much power - that's why the axle backed off.
    Probably doing stage 2 at 4PM. Might go E group (5 minute later start) to prevent wanting to chase the fast guys.

Edit: Did stage 2 at 2PM. Started in D group (5 minute delay) and ended up being graced with an appearance of lilmira koyotes!
    Last edited by Penguin_Racecar; 04-04-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I do suffer, but the faster you get the shorter you suffer for in these events.

I wonder if there will be a make-up day like they did with Tour of Watopia. I'll probably do stage 2 today, but at an easy pace. Then maybe another hammer fest tomorrow for the long one. Looks like the pretzel should take about 2 hours?
    Probably doing stage 2 at 4PM. Might go E group (5 minute later start) to prevent wanting to chase the fast guys.

Edit: Did stage 2 at 2PM. Started in D group (5 minute delay) and ended up being graced with an appearance of lilmira koyotes!
    Looking at the results, 4 w/kg average is easy pace for you... damn...

My Ride
    Wankels!

4w/kg is working pretty hard for me. I rode stage 2 harder than initially planned but legs felt OK and it was only a small lead group that I wanted to draft to get to the base of the climb quicker. Today's stage will be a longer ride, so I'll put ego aside and actually use this is a training ride instead of trying to hang with the fast people.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Well, almost completed; rocker plate is next. Played with a preliminary design on the weekend, was a little sketchy. Wish the inside ride’s worked with any from end accessories, dunno if it’s worth the coin just to rip half of it apart? Will revisit eventually. Really want to figure out a good way to mate the sterzo and climb. Idea has legs; tossed a chunk of yoga mat between them and it kinda worked, but if you steered too abruptly they would lose centre. 3D printer might be the ticket.

Headwind literally just showed up, haven’t done a ride with it yet but seems to put off a decent breeze, just clears the desk too which is good to keep this setup as compact as possible.

Currently switch out the sterzo for the climb depending on ride goals.

Name:  AED257A4-274A-4B13-BA0C-847B1401A252.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  45.7 KB

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Well, almost completed; rocker plate is next. Played with a preliminary design on the weekend, was a little sketchy. Wish the inside ride’s worked with any from end accessories, dunno if it’s worth the coin just to rip half of it apart? Will revisit eventually. Really want to figure out a good way to mate the sterzo and climb. Idea has legs; tossed a chunk of yoga mat between them and it kinda worked, but if you steered too abruptly they would lose centre. 3D printer might be the ticket.

Headwind literally just showed up, haven’t done a ride with it yet but seems to put off a decent breeze, just clears the desk too which is good to keep this setup as compact as possible.

Currently switch out the sterzo for the climb depending on ride goals.

Name:  AED257A4-274A-4B13-BA0C-847B1401A252.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  45.7 KB
    great setup...thats basically identical to what mine will look like once I pick up a sirrusX or Diverge (going to look at them today).

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

I find the current implementation of steering input very limited, it feels very "trapped" on rail. It can be improved in the future. Otherwise it is nice that my handlebar is not longer restrained when I'm out of saddle. The number of users online is getting crazy combining winter and the pandemic, 43k yesterday lol. We are going to need more road.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

It's also Tour De Zwift time, so theres a lot more people on doing those events

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast