Quantcast
Anxiety - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anxiety

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default Anxiety

Those of you that have known me long enough (crazy to think I've been around here 13 years or so) will get this. First, without getting into it too deeply I've struggled a lot in my life without understanding why. I've gone to a lot of 'talk therapy' even since I was a kid to no avail. I've always just somehow compensated with it my whole life, either by drinking, drugs, or just not coping at all.

About 3 years ago after having our first child some changes overall in family, with her coming, loss of a couple friends and family, changes in my marriage, in my friendships, etc all lead to a perfect storm. The last 3 years have been lots of different medical tests and procedures, various medications and trials, until finally I've started down the right path. I've been diagnosed with GAD and PTSD (which manifests mainly in me as Catastrophic Thinking). Now I've been getting better, helping those who also struggle, and trying to be open with my disorder. I've come to realize how much of a true health issue it is. It literally is something I cannot control and without medication would run my life.

The one thing besides my story I wanted to share is there is a Netflix episode called "The Mind, Explained: Anxiety" which I found so amazing. Partly because they did a great job covering in 20 minutes what has taken 3 years of my life to work out but also that it is really a true look into my mind and how my mind works daily. Link Here: https://www.netflix.com/title/81098586

I suggest watching it if you, anyone you know, or anyone you work with suffers from a mental disorder.
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 11-23-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thanks for sharing this, I will watch that for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

I'll be watching that! Thanks for the link!