Quantcast
How do you like to fly? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How do you like to fly?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Food is mediocre usually... but so is all airport food. If you will surpass 3 drinks and a meal it’s hands down the best airport value... plus cookies, love cookies

Depends on the lounge. If its the priority pass lounges they aren't that good imo and I'd rather go to a restaurant/ bar to kill the time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If it's the ones with a shower, I'm in. I love extra showers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Lounge by what carrier/alliance?
    Im flying Delta.
    There is a Escape Lounge and Delta Sky Club. Reviews point to Escape lounge..
    I'l see how cheap I wanna be when I get there. I'l prob find a quite part of the airport and mong out..

My Ride
    Ford F150

I was at that Escape Lounge earlier this year. Food was decent. As good as any soup/salad/sandwich bar you've been to, plus some hot foods. Liquor flowed fast. They can't make an old fashioned worth a shit however. I got my money's worth while knocking some work out.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Just landed in London.

I love @rage2 tip of hitting the sauce. I guess I'm a lightweight because two gin and sodas made me pass out for the whole flight rofl.

ANC made a BIG difference. Sennheiser did a great job minimizing the drone.

Uber is still here for now yay

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Depends on the lounge. If its the priority pass lounges they aren't that good imo and I'd rather go to a restaurant/ bar to kill the time.
    I'd agree with this. The Air Canada Signature Suite in Toronto is awesome, BA's business lounge in Heathrow was nice too, but the business lounge in Frankfurt (Lufthansa) was so busy and dirty.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I'd agree with this. The Air Canada Signature Suite in Toronto is awesome, BA's business lounge in Heathrow was nice too, but the business lounge in Frankfurt (Lufthansa) was so busy and dirty.
    Just switched my regular EU port of call from LHR to Frankfurt. Lounges downgrade is big. We buy Business Class in bulk at the beginning of the year - 30 trips, but we only get one choice per region (EU, Asia etc)

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    Just switched my regular EU port of call from LHR to Frankfurt. Lounges downgrade is big. We buy Business Class in bulk at the beginning of the year - 30 trips, but we only get one choice per region (EU, Asia etc)
    What are the differences that you see..?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Frankfurt has a lot of options if you're flying business class. I'm mostly spending my time in B (where AC gates are) where there's 2 LH lounges, and 1 AC lounge. The LH lounge is busier, and yea def older, but there's a massive selection of alcohol to choose from. Also for smokers, there's a private smoking room. AC, way cleaner, better food (fresher fruits), healthier drink choices. Can handle all your doc check there. Much quieter if I want a nap. Typically, I use both, as I have a 4 hour layover there.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Soooo I boarded the plane this morning. My Osprey backpack cut into my belly pretty bad. I realised how tubby I have become. Not good.
    On the plus side the noise cancelling headphones made a massive difference on the flight. Hoy crap.

Ive been here in Minneapolis airport for over two hours. I went for a gander around trying to find a place to chill and eat.

The temptation of McDonalds nearly got me. Oh boy it nearly did. It called my name....and I fast walked to summon that calling....But as I walked Mcdonalds .. Now Im not hating on the poor server (I mean I did that job too in my teens) but she was the sheer advertisement to why you should not eat there. If there was ever a reason why one should not eat there, that was it. That put me right off.

Disappointed...I mooched on..
    I ended up sitting at a bar with a unfriendly bartender who I think was a functioning alcoholic. He kept on trying to make me have a double. Hell by the look on his face, I think he wanted to pour himself one.
    I tried getting chatting with the milfy blonde next to me. She was too into her laptop and answering work calls. She mentioned she was a area manager for a fitness company. She was boasting about how they opened up 35 new locations this year. Judging by the size of the people here, I about to say I was not surprised. But I managed to catch my mouth trying to work faster than my brain.

I left after one drink, the food menu scared me. The items had a calorie count. Just one food order had my entire daily recommended allowance.
    I walked around and found Asian foodie place. The lady in front of me was taking ages, then when she went to pay even that too a long time. Then I realised she had ordered THREE.... THREEEEE entrees for herself! Fucking helll! and I here I am struggling to eat just the one.

So the food gave me heartburn, it was a lot of munchy... So I went to take a dump. I noticed all the toilet stalls seemed to be wide. At first I thought, how nice..maybe they catering for wheelchair users.. Nope they are all just WIDE.

I decided to go for a walk and there was a massage place...just when I thought I saw it all... A morbidly obese woman was laying back in a fat chair, scrolling through her phone...and getting a foot massage by a poor skinny African girl. The masseuse glanced over to me. We made eye contact.. it was a mixture of sheer look of pain in her eyes and constrained attempt at not to gag. Fuck this.. I need to get outa this airport.

Two and a half hours left. I cant find a nice seat with a view of the plans.
    Im too scared to eat the kit Kat and the giant packet of M&M's next to me in case I turn into one of them.
    I found my motivation to join Goodlife in January.. This layover is too surreal.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

BREAKING NEWS: Americans are fat.

You'd love Oklahoma bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Two and a half hours left. I cant find a nice seat with a view of the plans.
    The best views are typically taken up by the lounges. Ironically enough, the best view in Frankfurt is at McDonalds.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Americans are fat.
    Haha my thoughts exactly.

The calorie count on menus in the USA is very common. Not sure if it's required but I see it alot.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Even if McD was the only place to eat thats convenient, if you stay away from their diabetes drinks, thats probably 2/3 of the weight issues solved right away. Sugar (and thus, insulin) are HUUUUGE bodily fat storage promoters.

With the self-order menus, you can go low carb without the bun too for most of their burgers. Its just a chicken salad at that point.

Also whats scary is that MSP state/region is not even considered the 'fat' part of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I really need to try a set of these noise cancelling headphones. I have the Bose over ear ones, but not noise cancelling. Looks like those Sony ones are a few bucks cheaper than the Bose QC35's. Although the controls look terrible on them.
    I have the Sony and they were awesome on the plane today. It is actually startling when you take them off after a long time and realize how loud it is lol. I actually like the gesture controls and the NFC tap to connect is a great feature. Also you can put your hand over one side and it will turn off the noise cancelling if someone is talking to you or something like that.

As a side note. Flying Yellowknife to Calgary today was freezing in seat 2D. I guess not surprising coming from a place that had -56c windchill yesterday but didn't expect it on the plane. I was even wearing thermal pants and socks.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I was told today was the busiest travel day of the year, but it took me
    17 mins from exiting my ride to being at my gate at international.

My Ride
    Exploded.

You should be super familiar with your card insurance policies.

Fun fact: it's not trip interruption when France goes on strike and disrupts rail/air travel.

I'm landlocked right now.

Edit: should be on the CC thread. Sorry peeps. Mods if someone can move it please?
    Last edited by flipstah; 12-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I ended up at a local curry house... then onto a pub after.
    It turned out to be a typical night out here. A guy started arguing with a bouncer over drinks or something. It was getting heated.
    There was a live band, a bit of a rough crowd. But everyone was dressed up.
    Then we and my buddy were told to move to the front to finish our drinks as the place was closing.
    As we were leaving a couple of drunk girls were picking fights with the bouncers at the front door while thier bf was trying to calm things down with the manager.
    As we were leaving it was kicking off...
    I miss the pubs here..

Name:  20191222_090818.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  92.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-20191221-WA0020.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  43.7 KB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast