Quantcast
Great video produced by Birchcliff Energy & Tourmaline Oil - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Great video produced by Birchcliff Energy & Tourmaline Oil

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Let's try again, to make sense of your erratic fit.

I don't understand your argument. Are you saying we don't need to clean up, earth is flat, climate change is fake?

Or are you saying the dirty energy industry is more important than humanity?

Or are you saying it can't be done?

Please explain your mental block.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Toma, do you still own 15+ cars, as you said in the firearms discussion thread about 5 years ago? I can link it for you if you like...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Toma just wants the government to make everyone else be green so he can have his way being a massive polluter and have everyone else eat the cost of Canada virtue signalling green.

Typical leftist mindset, why be better myself when I can force everyone else to make up for my bad habits.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    Facts. Versus your propaganda.

Are you denying we sell and buy from Saudi? TRADE? Neither country wants a trade deficit, so it is defacto a 2 way arrangement

Are you denying we sell them military hardware?

Are you denying we sold them half of our wheat board?

Are you denying extracting our oil is 1.5x more carbon intensive than the North American production average ?

What exactly are you trying to lie about?
    I'm just curious as to what you'd have us do then, realistically we have two options:

1) Shut down Northern BC, AB & Sask O&G, cripple our economy and have other oil producing countries including the Saudi's pick up the slack, and yes they would pick up the slack, virtually overnight, because global oil demand continues to grow.

2) Not cripple our economy, use revenue generated by said industry to continue making advances in technology and reducing CO2 emissions. Because, believe it or not, there are financial incentives for producers to reduce CO2 emissions and water consumption.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Toma, do you still own 15+ cars, as you said in the firearms discussion thread about 5 years ago? I can link it for you if you like...
    You guys seriously need to get over your obsessions.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

But if you need to know. We have 4 vehicles. The GTR, the Cobra, and I drive an RX-L. None of your business what my wife drives.

Like I said, the way we live now has no bearing on needing to improve. We are where we are as a society for many reasons, most of them out of our control . The infrastructure, the economic activity etc.

That absolutely does not affect the truth of an argument, or the need to change asap. The "a shit, your computer is made of plastic" is just cheap theatrics .
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Let's try again, to make sense of your erratic fit.

I don't understand your argument. Are you saying we don't need to clean up, earth is flat, climate change is fake?

Or are you saying the dirty energy industry is more important than humanity?

Or are you saying it can't be done?

Please explain your mental block.
    I’m saying let’s work with the most environmentally friendly producers in the world to make our Country the best place, which it already is, even better.

You are so negative and so blinded that you can’t see beyond your nose.

You don’t practice what you preach and yet you expect our Country to halt everything immediately and live how???

You make no sense at all.

I personally have had discussions with some of the most powerful men and women in our O&G industry and they want a better world, a cleaner world, but there are huge political obstacles.

Don’t be so naive.

Don’t be a hypocrite.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    I’m saying let’s work with the most environmentally friendly producers in the world to make our Country the best place, which it already is, even better.

You are so negative and so blinded that you can’t see beyond your nose.

You don’t practice what you preach and yet you expect our Country to halt everything immediately and live how???

You make no sense at all.

I personally have had discussions with some of the most powerful men and women in our O&G industry and they want a better world, a cleaner world, but there are huge political obstacles.

Don’t be so naive.

Don’t be a hypocrite.
    I know you cant stop grandstanding. It's impossible for you to be humble. So I won't say....
    Don't be a grandstanding tool.

Don't be a liar.

Alberta oil has 1.5x the carbon intensity of the North American average. Top 5 most carbon intense oil producers in the world. No matter how much you repeat your lies and propaganda films, that's still a fact. We are dealing with sludge. Peanut butter. It also makes logical sense.

https://www.macleans.ca/economy/scru...ds-record/amp/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-09714-9

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/one-of-w...-how-1.1037805

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5106809

https://www.thestar.com/amp/calgary/...heres-why.html
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I know you cant stop grandstanding. It's impossible for you to be humble. So I won't say....

Don't be a liar.

Alberta oil has 1.5x the carbon intensity of the North American average. Top 5 most carbon intense oil producers in the world. No matter how much you repeat your lies and propaganda films, that's still a fact. We are dealing with sludge. Peanut butter. It also makes logical sense.

You are so very naive.

Did you turn your thermostat up one notch tonight?

Where are you purchasing all that rubber you wrap your wheels in?

Or all that fuel you burn down the 1/4 mile?

It almost sounds like you are envious of these people who have achieved vast amounts of wealth using their superior intelligence to discover, extract and produce the hydrocarbons you spend your hard earned money on to race down the 1/4 mile.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    You are so very naive.

Did you turn your thermostat up one notch tonight?

Where are you purchasing all that rubber you wrap your wheels in?

Or all that fuel you burn down the 1/4 mile?

It almost sounds like you are envious of these people who have achieved vast amounts of wealth using their superior intelligence to discover, extract and produce the hydrocarbons you spend your hard earned money on to race down the 1/4 mile.
    Everything you say is true.

Does it change for a second that:
    Alberta oil is dirty?

Climate change is a threat?

We MUST change, and we are better off making moderate meaningful changes now, rather than having to make big sudden changes if we procrastinate?

No, none of that changes because the plastic in my computer came from oil.
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 11-26-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Or are you still of the childish belief that things have always been this way, and they will always be this way, and humans can't evolve and learn?
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Don't be a liar.

Alberta oil isn't comprised of 100% oil sands production although 64% of oil production does come from the oil sands. Interestingly, neither Tourmaline or Birchcliff operate in the oil sands and their production is not 1.5-2x the carbon intensity of the North American average. In fact Tourmaline was poised to be the largest natural gas producer in Canada this year. It's unfortunate that the many companies operating in Alberta who are responsible for the remaining 36% of oil production and all of the natural gas production in Alberta are vilified in the same way as the oil sands are by uneducated people around the world.

The video posted has no references or images associated with oil sands production yet you claim it's propaganda because the oil sands are bad? The oil sands activity and production is completely irrelevant to the context of the video and what those companies stand behind. If you're going to argue with Brad for multiple pages, can you at least come up with an argument that remains within the context of the topic? Can you tell us why producing natural gas is bad since that makes up a majority of Tourmaline and Birchcliff's production?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    *The First*

[Forum Actions]
    [General Settings]
    [Edit Ignore List]

Name:  20191126_215620.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  23.7 KB

[04Terminator]
    Click [Okay]

Start enjoying your fucking life again. Stop doing this to yourself. It's like watching the chick eating her hair follicles on My Strange Addiction. Fuck a mother fucking duck! Stop it!!!

You are welcome!

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Alberta oil isn't comprised of 100% oil sands production although 64% of oil production does come from the oil sands. Interestingly, neither Tourmaline or Birchcliff operate in the oil sands and their production is not 1.5-2x the carbon intensity of the North American average. In fact Tourmaline was poised to be the largest natural gas producer in Canada this year. It's unfortunate that the many companies operating in Alberta who are responsible for the remaining 36% of oil production and all of the natural gas production in Alberta are vilified in the same way as the oil sands are by uneducated people around the world.

The video posted has no references or images associated with oil sands production yet you claim it's propaganda because the oil sands are bad? The oil sands activity and production is completely irrelevant to the context of the video and what those companies stand behind. If you're going to argue with Brad for multiple pages, can you at least come up with an argument that remains within the context of the topic? Can you tell us why producing natural gas is bad since that makes up a majority of Tourmaline and Birchcliff's production?
    Do you speak English? Alberta oil on average is 1.5x more carbon intensive than North American average.

Oil sands taken alone is much worse.

The video talks about Alberta oil in broader terms, as am I.

They also spread the conspiracy that "foreign funded " blah blah. But we covered that already .
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 11-26-2019 at 11:21 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I'll take that as a no, I'm out.

PS You should edit your post a few more times, you'll get it right eventually.

Do you speak English? Alberta oil on average is 1.5x more carbon intensive than North American average.

Oil sands taken alone is much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    The oil sands activity and production is completely irrelevant to the context of the video and what those companies stand behind. If you're going to argue with Brad for multiple pages, can you at least come up with an argument that remains within the context of the topic?
    I like neat cars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3