Quantcast
can someone delete my account - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: can someone delete my account

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    shithole
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default can someone delete my account

    no longer use the site

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Uranus
    My Ride
    VTAKK
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no longer use the site
    Why?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no longer use the site
    Did you ever actually use it?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Oh man .... could you imagine how weird it would be if someone multi-quoted your entire account so the posts are set in stone forever.

    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All right fair enough, just wanted to check if something like this is typical with other mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So they broke it down into two areas; struts/alignment, sway bar stuff and front/rear brakes pads, ebrake link, some flushes stuff. The latter of which I agreed on and it costing $800.

    The issue that arose was the callipers were really shitty and they couldn't get them off, said they could order new ones for $400+ and I'm like nope. Then they're like we won't do the e-brake stuff and from what the convo sounded like on the phone, it seems like they still wanna charge me around $800 for the job still.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went to a Mazda dealership to get a general checkup/inspection. I get a quote for 2k but the person breaks it down into two and says you can do $800 of the more important work now. I say allright sounds good.

    They tell me it'll take 3 hours so I take the shuttle to a mall, hang out get some food and come back. Then they tell me it'll be another 2 hours, I hang around for an hour and then they say it'll take till tomorrow. At this point I'm like okay fuck it, I take the shuttle home.

    They call me up at home and say my car is really 'jammed up' and they need to buy some extra part that'll be another 400 bucks. I'm like nope just try to manage with the part you already have, they say because the time took so long we won't do some other stuff we agreed to. I'm like wait so the cost is gonna go down right and right now that's where we are at and the person said to come tomorrow to talk about it.

    This is my first time at the dealer, I always go to local shops but figured I'd get shit done official/on history since I've been doing 'well' enough recently. Can I put my foot down and say I'm not paying for work that wasn't done, do I have any legal rights? They even said it's not labor by the hour beforehand so this all seems scummy as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not arguing, I'm having a civil discussion but for some reason it's the people in this thread that are getting a bit antsy and not me. You can reread my replies to verify that I haven't used any profanity or shown a 'tone'.

    It's almost amusing for me to read some of these replies. It's like you want the crook seller to get away



    Anyway, have his ad printed as proof of fraudulent advertising along with the unsigned bill of sale. Gonna send some 'legal ish' texts to scare him but otherwise it's the cops/court or whatever.

    Will update for anyone who gives a shit.

    inb4 no one gives a shit, we all love drama
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he signed the bill of sale. I didn't though. I didn't agree to anything the bill of sale said because I didn't touch the bill of sale.

    His ad was also fraudulent in that he told several lies. "Car is in perfect mechanical condition" - I know this isn't seen as anything but is the judge to believe I single handedly messed the transmission in the matter of 5 minutes? He also said he owned it for x amount of time when that's not true. Also lied about the trim level.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the seller, he signed his name and filled out car info. I didn't touch the bill of sale.



    The bill of sale isn't filled out by me. If I so choose, I can fill it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On bill of sale it says

    "sections 1 and 2 must be completed in order to make this Bill of Sale acceptable for vehicle registration."

    Now unless my understanding of bill of sales is incorrect, I technically haven't bought the car. Words mean nothing, I might as well have been off for an extended test drive with his car going back to my house to get my plate and come back, sign papers, and take off his plate/return plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was an ad for a civic which I went to check out. Asked some questions then test drove it. Brought it to 60km/hr and it checked okay but transmission seemed off. I asked him about it he said I guarantee nothing is wrong and you can bring it back to me if you want - I know this doesn't mean shit.

    Made an offer he agreed and wrote up a bill of sale. He put his info in but I didn't sign anything or even wrote anything on the bill of sale, he said I could fill it out later. I was like whatever gave him cash. He's like you can take it with my plate so I drove off with his plate. I got to stoney and it has trouble going past 100 km/hr, definitely transmission is questionable.

    Texted him "dude transmission is messed up, you said I could bring it back so I'll bring it back tomorrow" He obviously said "nope read the bill of sale, 'as is'". I said I didn't sign anything and technically he's still the owner, I can't even register the car because this bill of sale is meaningless. Hasn't responded.


    Can I take legal action because I didn't touch the bill of sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind it being installed but does it have to be 500? It seems too expensive to me plus the fact that he's charging me for it.


    I just wanna know whether the dealer fees + GPS is subject to interest as well, just seems a bit sketchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A 2005 expedition was listed at 10000. I put a 5000 down payment and did financing for a year.

    I have bad credit but I'm not sure if he's bullshitting or not but he said he has to put in a GPS for 500 to make sure I don't 'take off' with the truck. I thought it was stupid for him to charge me for that, I mean he has my address and all my work information as well. And even if he gets to install the GPS, why is he charging me for it? On top of that there's 400 of dealer fees.

    So it's actually 10000 + 500 + 400 which is 10900. Is he supposed to charge tax on the GPS plus the dealer fees? Because he did and it then became 10900x1.05 = 11445. 5000 down, which left me with 6445. He then also charged me 15% interest, I know the rate is high but whatever, but is he supposed to charge me interest on the GPS and the dealer fees?

    If not, it should be (6445 - 900)1.15 + 900. But he charged 15% interest on the 900 as well. Is it supposed to be like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can pm you them, check your pm.
    Nolan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh man .... could you imagine how weird it would be if someone multi-quoted your entire account so the posts are set in stone forever.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    IAH bar
    My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A
    Posts
    6,320
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B3yondL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no longer use the site
    OK, it's done. Your account is deleted. You are welcome.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,738
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I thought this was @Sugarphreak at first

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,067
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Did anyone else get a PM for this? Or just me?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Axis powers
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Damn 13's
    Sig nuked by mod.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    3,993
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn 13's
    yea, those fuckers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    if you @B3yondL does he get an email?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cochrane
    My Ride
    VW Jetta TDLie
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I miss the OP already

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    492
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Everything you ever say or do online is immortalized forever.

    https://archive.org/web/web.php

    That being said: NASA can suck my shrively yellow balls. Thank Jeebus McCain is in hell. All hail our AI overlords.
    FATCA is coming for your loonies.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,924
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    OR someone can hijack said account and start post-whoring.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calgary/Alberta
    My Ride
    2011 Chrarger, 2018 F150
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OR someone can hijack said account and start post-whoring.
    Another account for Toma perhaps

Similar Threads

  1. wondering if someone with a 780tuners account can help me out

    By forced_eg in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. delete account

    By SkittleFreak in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
  3. How do you delete files that wont let you delete them?

    By Vanish3d in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 25
    Latest Threads: 12-30-2004, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •