Quantcast
UCP supporters why you so silent? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP supporters why you so silent?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found 2018 for you, number was actually up to 1,200 education degrees granted. Shucks.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/u...L/Introduction
    Attachment 88482

Screen shot from tableau, easily verifiable from the link I sent.

Might want to call the faculty again as ask how many degrees TOTAL were granted in 2019, cause your number reeks of being just from June convocation and Either Jan or Fall admittance. Cause either they magically cut the program in half for this year (probably a good idea) or you are just completely out of left field.

That tableau is very convenient, showing the number of degrees granted going up every year that they have data in there for the past 5 years.

What a rough program it must be.
    You just need to read his posts to know that he's out to left field. I think he's secretly a teacher that expected to become a multimillionaire from teaching grade 7 and has had his hopes and dreams dashed

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think it's an exposure, point of reference thing.

I'm sure most teachers would be blown away job shadowing a person in the private sector with high responsibility high stress jobs.
    They just don't have a perspective on what people are actually doing out there.
    Especially in July.
    Can easily reverse this - you could easily shadow a teacher as well and be blown away with the high responsibility and high stress. (I am in the private sector btw and have been lucky making more money that my wife for much less work).

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it's an exposure, point of reference thing.

I'm sure most teachers would be blown away job shadowing a person in the private sector with high responsibility high stress jobs.
    They just don't have a perspective on what people are actually doing out there.
    Especially in July.
    Fucking 100% This.

Seriously, these teachers need to stop being little bitches and wake up to real work. They have no clue what its like to argue with people on Beyond all morning over pointless topics that no one will change their beliefs. They act like trying to teach the lesson while also keeping kids in line, not being able to take a bathroom break, and having 5 minutes between classes to switch everything over for the next lesson is harder than arguing on the internet.

My Ride
    Treg/B7

Private VS Public Sector Alberta
    Easy solution cut 9% salaries across the board and we can all be even Steven.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    Can easily reverse this - you could easily shadow a teacher as well and be blown away with the high responsibility and high stress. (I am in the private sector btw and have been lucky making more money that my wife for much less work).
    I agree with this. My parents were teachers and my girlfriend is a teacher. They work a lot more hours and have a lot more stress than most private sectors people I know who are making far more (myself included). My girlfriend typically works 0.5-1.5 days of the weekend and is regularly up marking or dealing with report cards until midnight on weeknights.

The holidays, job security, and pension benefits in Canada do help make up for it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Found 2018 for you, number was actually up to 1,200 education degrees granted. Shucks.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/u...L/Introduction
    Attachment 88482

Screen shot from tableau, easily verifiable from the link I sent.

Might want to call the faculty again as ask how many degrees TOTAL were granted in 2019, cause your number reeks of being just from June convocation and Either Jan or Fall admittance. Cause either they magically cut the program in half for this year (probably a good idea) or you are just completely out of left field.

That tableau is very convenient, showing the number of degrees granted going up every year that they have data in there for the past 5 years.

What a rough program it must be.
    Your Tableau numbers include both Undergrad and Grad degrees. Easy to see through your own link.

Name:  Education.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  27.7 KB

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    You just need to read his posts to know that he's out to left field. I think he's secretly a teacher that expected to become a multimillionaire from teaching grade 7 and has had his hopes and dreams dashed
    Puhlease. Who the hell on beyond isn't a multi millionaire?
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    ute

The information isn't symmetrical. I know far more about teachers work obligations and stress than the know about mine.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

The information isn't symmetrical. I know far more about teachers work obligations and stress than the know about mine.
    What's the basis of this statement? i.e. how do you know far more?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    What's the basis of this statement? i.e. how do you know far more?
    That's always the case when someone is doing work for you. It's part of my role to understand how the schools work. It's not part of a teachers job to know what their customers do.

Slight devils advocate to all of this.
    My wife is a teacher, they do work hard, and put up with an INSANE amount of mental stress by teaching your “special little angels”. That said, there are some shitty teachers who take advantage of the system. But these people will always exist if the system enables them to act this way.
    My wife teaches in the NE, majority ESL students in her class (refugees included). The majority of her students don’t have a stable home, nor are they clothed or fed properly. As such they have major behaviour problems and because of that are far behind their grade level from an educational standpoint.
    Personally, you couldn’t pay me enough to do her job. The time off is well earned in my eyes, and I’m private sector oilfield services working just as much (if not more in some cases) than the rest of you.

All I’m saying is have some empathy, it’s fucked up what some teachers themselves deal with on the day to day.

My Ride
    Lariat

I seriously, seriously doubt that teachers put in more OT than the average Canadian out there.
    I would not argue this for most teachers I have heard about, but the amount of OT my wife puts in as a teacher is insane. She usually spends 3-5 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY working on things for her class, marking etc. Its even more than 3-5 hours/day in the month leading up to report cards. I would say she is in the 1% of teachers that work that hard. I always joke that she needs to get a job in the private sector for how hard she works, she could be making $200k + easily.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    I would not argue this for most teachers I have heard about, but the amount of OT my wife puts in as a teacher is insane. She usually spends 3-5 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY working on things for her class, marking etc. Its even more than 3-5 hours/day in the month leading up to report cards. I would say she is in the 1% of teachers that work that hard. I always joke that she needs to get a job in the private sector for how hard she works, she could be making $200k + easily.
    Good teachers are the victims of the teachers Union as much as the students

It’s amazing how many spouses of beyonders who are teachers are also the top 1% of hardworking teachers and thus deserve their wage and even more, where the other 99% are leaches and take advantage of the system.

My Ride
    Lariat

Good teachers are the victims of the teachers Union as much as the students
    Yup, and for every good teacher there are 5 that are taking advantage of the union, sick days, doing less than that bare minimum etc.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

That's always the case when someone is doing work for you. It's part of my role to understand how the schools work. It's not part of a teachers job to know what their customers do.
    This statement just reinforces the biggest stress/time consumer for teachers: arrogant parents who think they know it all.

I'm guessing you're an engineer? They seem to be the worst for thinking they know how to do the jobs of everyone around them in my experience.

I agree with a lot of what you post but your opinion here reeks of ignorance.

My Ride
    ute

I wonder how rested I would feel of I got July and August off. Been going hard for at least a dozen years with no significant breaks.

Stress would be a shit ton easier to handle if I got to reset it for a few weeks every summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This statement just reinforces the biggest stress/time consumer for teachers: arrogant parents who think they know it all.

I'm guessing you're an engineer? They seem to be the worst for thinking they know how to do the jobs of everyone around them in my experience.

I agree with a lot of what you post but your opinion here reeks of ignorance.
    See? You have no idea what I do but know a lot about what teachers do. Exactly my point.

I wonder how rested I would feel of I got July and August off. Been going hard for at least a dozen years with no significant breaks.

Stress would be a shit ton easier to handle if I got to reset it for a few weeks every summer.

- - - Updated - - -

See? You have no idea what I do but know a lot about what teachers do. Exactly my point.
    The recipe was outlined here already. 5 years of school and then a couple years of temporary contracts and you'll be coasting through life at the $60k starting wage. What are you waiting for?

My Ride
    ute

The recipe was outlined here already. 5 years of school and then a couple years of temporary contracts and you'll be coasting through life at the $60k starting wage. What are you waiting for?
    Okay, I'll play.

If teachers have the work ethic of a 1%er, the passion of a performing artist, and the dedication of a senior law partner, then why don't they bring their talents to the private sector? The biggest barrier to $$$ in the private sector is sacrifice, dedication, and smarts. If teachers have all of these qualities, why are they settling for low compensation, high stress and long work hours. Why do they need one of the country's most powerful unions defending their interests? The opposite would be true - teacher compensation would be rising as they get picked off into fatcat corporate jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    It’s amazing how many spouses of beyonders who are teachers are also the top 1% of hardworking teachers and thus deserve their wage and even more, where the other 99% are leaches and take advantage of the system.
    Perhaps teachers work harder than your pre-conceived notion of them?

Edit: not to mention Beyond is full of relatively high achievers, most wont settle for a partner who doesn’t accentuate that. Meaning they are also likely a high achiever in their own right.
    Last edited by vengie; 12-04-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast