Quantcast
UCP supporters why you so silent? - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: UCP supporters why you so silent?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

They are taking more money from taxpayers to cover services. You should be all over that.

That’s kindof the whole leftist shtick?

Oh right, they are taking money from the wrong taxpayers, the ones using the services. My bad.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I'm not mad at people who pursue union jobs at all, my wife is a teacher with CBE.

What does make me mad is when they scream bloody murder that "things just aren't fair" meanwhile work for some of the most in-efficient and wasteful companies (yes CBE, AHS etc.. are companies) and have no concept of reality.

The reality is, if those were private sector companies they would have been out of business a long time ago.

These organizations needs to start thinking like a private business and follow normal business practices of finding efficiencies to fill the gaps.
    Pretty simple concept.

The economy in Alberta is shit, and money is drying up. Start making the most with what you have.
    So I thought I had better chime in again. I agree with your post completely. I am a teacher and I will admit there are some things which recently came to light which have made me truely question mine and other boards direction. Honestly other than family and my love of the mountains, right now I see very little to reason to stay because of all the dysfunctionality.
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    So I thought I had better chime in again. I agree with your post completely. I am a teacher and I will admit there are some things which recently came to light which have made me truely question mine and other boards direction. Honestly other than family and my love of the mountains, right now I see very little to reason to stay because of all the dysfunctionality.
    Your board just tried to cynically use the children that you teach as pawns in a scare tactic.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Your board just tried to cynically use the children that you teach as pawns in a scare tactic.
    And it's not the first time or last that they will do just that. The union does the exact same thing.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Oh I am aware, I'm not even on a year long temp I am only a lowly mat leave temp.

As a teacher I can say it disheartens me to see that my employer was willing to gamble their students well being in an attempt to pressure the Gov.

Not that this is a permanent fix, this 15m is only till June and then the board will have to do it again without a safety net.

And contrary to many beliefs, I am not a union pro teacher. I grew up in a union house hold and watched my Dad fight with the union against telus, only to eventually see that the whole system was broke. Additionally, although I support public education over private, I prefer that teachers should work to be innovative and progressive (to keep their positions) rather than simply working for tenure.
    Last edited by MalibuStacy; 12-11-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    They are taking more money from taxpayers to cover services. You should be all over that.

That’s kindof the whole leftist shtick?

Oh right, they are taking money from the wrong taxpayers, the ones using the services. My bad.
    Pretty sure I made it clear earlier in the thread that I’m all for upping transportation costs on users. My beef is that the province limits the distance they can actually charge people more (thus leaving the cost of sprawl unchecked).

Seeing pro-UCP education policy people claiming that finding “savings” by charging parents more as a win for budgeting is what’s off-brand.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Yes, that is the more preferable of the two options.

As much as the UCP would like to get rid of public education, it’s not going away any time soon. Short term fix as a result of political pressure at the expense of long term planning isn’t a good move. Taking away capital funds while also robbing from the maintenance of your existing capital is what I expect when politicians get involved in things.
    Wait.. did you just say that because they weren't willing to increase the budget, that they want to get rid of public education?!?!!

Did you even read what you wrote before posting it

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Scheer is resigning!
    Edit:wrong thread

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Scheer is resigning!
    It's the only good thing he did as a "leader" but, that's for another thread!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Where are Kobe Tai and 04Terminator now that the school board magically found millions of dollars in savings to prevent the job losses? Tails tucked between their legs? Even after all their libtard virtue signalling...
    Oh I'm here billy boy. I was going yo write a response but kertejud2 already typed it up:

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Found the money in the sense that the Minister of Education allowed them to take money earmarked for emergency maintenance in response to the job cuts to transfer to operations? Or found money in the sense that they found more charges they could give to parents? Or the never smart move of taking capital money to cover operational shortfalls?

It’s easy to find millions in savings when you can call being given millions of dollars previously not available as savings.
    I should clarify that I'm in Edmonton and dealing with the EPSB and not CBE but this solution is a bandaid on a sword wound. Temporary and with greater long term costs involved.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    Oh I'm here billy boy. I was going yo write a response but kertejud2 already typed it up:

I should clarify that I'm in Edmonton and dealing with the EPSB and not CBE but this solution is a bandaid on a sword wound. Temporary and with greater long term costs involved.
    I've been trying to find out for a while now, when the official budget was released did EPSB / ESSB have to cut any teaching positions?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Oh you're preaching to the choir man I'm not pro government for either side. I guess I vote for the party I think is the government thats dipping into my pockets less which of course, is the UCP.
    How are they dipping less? I expect $200-300/month increase in my cost of living:

-insurance up 16% (increase of $620/year) due to cap lift. Some companies went 25% from what I read
    -property tax up due to promised funding not coming to Edmonton anymore (straight up kenney campaign lie)
    -carbon taxes back and uncertain if there will be a tax credit
    -decrease in CCB
    -RESP took a hit with expected 7% tuition increases/year. Must increase contributions just to keep up
    -power bill up due to cap lifted
    -income tax de-indexing - doesn't really make a difference since I don't get raises and my wife is a teacher whose salary has been on a freeze for a number of years. This will hit the common worker though.
    Last edited by kobe tai; 12-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    -insurance up 16% (increase of $620/year) due to cap lift. Some companies went 25% from what I read
    To be fair, the cap did little to prevent consumer costs going up, as insurance companies simply lowered their discounts (source: wife works for insurance broker).

Under the NDP's "cap", my out of pocket costs for insurance nearly doubled. No claims, accidents, tickets, nada. -15 grid levels. Safe driver training. Didn't matter, every year at renewal, intact raised our rates out the ass.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    To be fair, the cap did little to prevent consumer costs going up, as insurance companies simply lowered their discounts (source: wife works for insurance broker).

Under the NDP's "cap", my out of pocket costs for insurance nearly doubled. No claims, accidents, tickets, nada. -15 grid levels. Safe driver training. Didn't matter, every year at renewal, intact raised our rates out the ass.
    Totally agree with you that we have all seen insurance cost creeping up but now it's a rather sizeable jump and I bet the discounts aren't coming back for the good drivers.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Read my trustees bio, her CV is essentially “Social Justice Warrior”.

I think we have identified some low hanging fruit.
    It seems when a conservative enters that arena, they are immediately given a hard ride by the organization and ridden out of town.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Well credit where credit is due, I've had a sneaking suspicion the last few months watching all the drama not come to fruition. I think the left and the right's media and propaganda machine is functioning alive and well here in Alberta and Canada.

Anyways I got a chance to speak with my MLA Angela Pitt and of course the situation is not nearly as polarizing as the news would make it seem. It really truly does make you wonder through where we go from here as a species? If you exist more and more in an echo chamber, and the other chambers are just as 'tainted' or 'biased'. It is super hard to get raw data to make up your own mind.
    Cos...

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Well credit where credit is due, I've had a sneaking suspicion the last few months watching all the drama not come to fruition. I think the left and the right's media and propaganda machine is functioning alive and well here in Alberta and Canada.

Anyways I got a chance to speak with my MLA Angela Pitt and of course the situation is not nearly as polarizing as the news would make it seem. It really truly does make you wonder through where we go from here as a species? If you exist more and more in an echo chamber, and the other chambers are just as 'tainted' or 'biased'. It is super hard to get raw data to make up your own mind.
    It's tough to have a good view of what's really happening. It's a combination of classic journalism becoming a dying industry, replaced by what we now have as media diving and baiting readers with catchy headlines, as well as social media amplifying all that based on their preferred views.

While it's tough, it's not impossible. Spend time and read past the headline from multiple sources and make some common sense judgement on the things underneath the skewed perspective, and you're 80% there and better than 99% of the people out there trying to convince you that they're the saviour and the other guy is pure evil.

It's no different than filtering the bullshit from beyond. We've literally prepared you for this over the years.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's no different than filtering the bullshit from beyond. We've literally prepared you for this over the years.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's tough to have a good view of what's really happening. It's a combination of classic journalism becoming a dying industry, replaced by what we now have as media diving and baiting readers with catchy headlines, as well as social media amplifying all that based on their preferred views.

While it's tough, it's not impossible. Spend time and read past the headline from multiple sources and make some common sense judgement on the things underneath the skewed perspective, and you're 80% there and better than 99% of the people out there trying to convince you that they're the saviour and the other guy is pure evil.

Rep given for the last line.

As for the overall sentiment towards the business of information, it's well past corrupt at this point and I don't see any real source of accurate, unbiased information. The best solution I've come up with is shutting the evening news off at dinner and putting Spongebob Squarepants on instead.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Bicycle

It really truly does make you wonder through where we go from here as a species?
    We have peaked and democracy experiment is over. Time to give authoritarianism a try again.

Works fine for China.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 LastLast