Quantcast
UCP supporters why you so silent? - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP supporters why you so silent?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Public employees have it good today. Back in my day...

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you were a wee lad.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Good time
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Trucks

Fun fact: I was living in Phoenix and at the pool in the gated community I lived at, we found the detailed demolition blueprints laying on the ground rolled up. It was a bit of a mind fuck having moved from Calgary and not being aware of the plans to blow the hospital up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    When you were a wee lad.
    I wish I was haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...gary-1.5392371

Premier Jason Kenney's $30 million "war room" officially launched in Calgary today — an effort to combat what his United Conservative Party government calls misinformation about Alberta's energy industry.

The operation, officially titled the Canadian Energy Centre, will be headed by former UCP candidate Tom Olsen, who lost to the NDP's Joe Ceci in the recent provincial election.

Olsen will receive a salary of $195,000 per year to head the organization.

The newly launched Canadian Energy Centre website lists eight additional staff, but Olsen says that number will grow.
    Great use of money so far.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I know, it's a total joke (just like this province). Pitchforks would be flying if the NDP did it, but since it's UCP it's all fair game.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Great use of money so far.
    as a UCP supporter, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Salaries have been frozen for 3, going on 4 years. They are making less today than they did 4 years ago. Inflation. Sure, it's not a one-time 10% knock-off or whatever, but it represents a decrease in pay of 6-8%.

Let's not forget that Alberta still has the highest average household income of all provinces.

I find it pretty funny that you're mad at people who chose to pursue employment that at least had something resembling stability in lieu of maximum earning potential. Private sector pay scales much higher, but also has more risk. Of course, that's not a problem until the good times end, right?

All I'm pointing out here is the absurdity of it. But hey, you all clearly feel fine with it and so there's not much point of discussing it further. We all know it won't go anywhere anyways.
    I'm not mad at people who pursue union jobs at all, my wife is a teacher with CBE.

What does make me mad is when they scream bloody murder that "things just aren't fair" meanwhile work for some of the most in-efficient and wasteful companies (yes CBE, AHS etc.. are companies) and have no concept of reality.

The reality is, if those were private sector companies they would have been out of business a long time ago.

These organizations needs to start thinking like a private business and follow normal business practices of finding efficiencies to fill the gaps.
    Pretty simple concept.

The economy in Alberta is shit, and money is drying up. Start making the most with what you have.

I know, it's a total joke (just like this province). Pitchforks would be flying if the NDP did it, but since it's UCP it's all fair game.
    Its all the public sector and NDPs fault. No way 40 years of mismanagement has anything to do with it!

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Where are Kobe Tai and 04Terminator now that the school board magically found millions of dollars in savings to prevent the job losses? Tails tucked between their legs? Even after all their libtard virtue signalling...

My Ride
    ute

Governments regularly put resources into propaganda...err...advertising....err PR.

This amount is probably a rounding error for the amount of resources that have been dumped into propaganda with respect to climate change.

We spend money on Travel Alberta, etc.

It's so common to agree on government spending and increasing government power when it's your guys in. Then be appalled by government spending and expansion of government power when the other guys are in.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Where are Kobe Tai and 04Terminator now that the school board magically found millions of dollars in savings to prevent the job losses? Tails tucked between their legs? Even after all their libtard virtue signalling...
    HiTemp is that you? God it's been awhile.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't think calling kobe a libtard is really applicable, I wont even bother commenting on the other guy as there's no constructive value in that.

A790 basically summed it up, spending is only ok when your man is writing the cheque.

When the majority realize BOTH sides of our political spectrum work against the better interest of the common man we'll maybe get somewhere, although it's too late for change at this point and the country is just too complacent to care. The erosion of rights (which is ramping up yearly), taxation and ever increasing size of Government is spiraling out of control, is completely at our detriment and neither "side" has any intention of stopping it - they just fuck you in their own mildly distinct way and buy you off with your own money to hold the reins whenever they can. Greedy opportunists who put power ahead of policy. Every time.

It's a corrupted broken system, equally fucked on each end of the spectrum.

Teachers aren't your enemy or the problem, neither are nurses (and no one in this thread said otherwise despite the grandstanding of some), the Government is. Yes even the side of it YOU cheer for.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I don't think calling kobe a libtard is really applicable, I wont even bother commenting on the other guy as there's no constructive value in that.

A790 basically summed it up, spending is only ok when your man is writing the cheque.

When the majority realize BOTH sides of our political spectrum work against the better interest of the common man we'll maybe get somewhere, although it's too late for change at this point and the country is just too complacent to care. The erosion of rights (which is ramping up yearly), taxation and ever increasing size of Government is spiraling out of control, is completely at our detriment and neither "side" has any intention of stopping it - they just fuck you in their own mildly distinct way and buy you off with your own money to hold the reins whenever they can. Greedy opportunists who put power ahead of policy. Every time.

It's a corrupted broken system, equally fucked on each end of the spectrum.

Teachers aren't your enemy or the problem, neither are nurses (and no one in this thread said otherwise despite the grandstanding of some), the Government is. Yes even the side of it YOU cheer for.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

..SNIP...
    As a UCP supporter (and I think we all are in this thread, right?), I support this message.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Family Hauler

SNIP

Oh you're preaching to the choir man I'm not pro government for either side. I guess I vote for the party I think is the government thats dipping into my pockets less which of course, is the UCP.

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Found the money in the sense that the Minister of Education allowed them to take money earmarked for emergency maintenance in response to the job cuts to transfer to operations? Or found money in the sense that they found more charges they could give to parents? Or the never smart move of taking capital money to cover operational shortfalls?

It’s easy to find millions in savings when you can call being given millions of dollars previously not available as savings.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Found the money in the sense that the Minister of Education allowed them to take money earmarked for emergency maintenance in response to the job cuts to transfer to operations? Or found money in the sense that they found more charges they could give to parents? Or the never smart move of taking capital money to cover operational shortfalls?

It’s easy to find millions in savings when you can call being given millions of dollars previously not available as savings.
    Would you prefer they used operational money to cover capital shortfalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Would you prefer they used operational money to cover capital shortfalls?
    Yes, that is the more preferable of the two options.

As much as the UCP would like to get rid of public education, it’s not going away any time soon. Short term fix as a result of political pressure at the expense of long term planning isn’t a good move. Taking away capital funds while also robbing from the maintenance of your existing capital is what I expect when politicians get involved in things.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast