Quantcast
OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lucic couldn’t play in Edmonton’s bottom 6. Sooo, press box?
    To be fair, Lucic had to play with guys that should be in the AHL. Not trying to defend Lucic and his slowness too much, but at least he'll throw hits. Neal was slow and didn't even bother trying.

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

It's a crap for crap trade, they both suck... we have nothing to lose since Neal wouldn't be producing here anyways. Maybe Lucic will add an element of toughness we could sorely use especially in the playoffs.

My Ride
    Silverado

Bennett signed for 2 years. 2.5 million each season

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Babcock gone. I love how pathetic the Leaves are, year after year after year after year. It brings joy to me.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-maple-lea...cock-1.1400977
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    lol, there is no one in the world that hates Babcock more than this guy. Rightfully so or not, there is long string of history between the 2 dating back 15+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I knew he hated Babcock, but didn't realize the feud started so long ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_C...h_Mike_Babcock
    ---

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post

He hopes he gets hit by a truck wow, good find

This is a pretty good read if you want some context to the Mike on Mike hate.

https://deanblundell.com/sports/nhl/...s-home-opener/

Commodore speaking on his hatred:

Source: They offered me a one-year deal worth one million. My gut was screaming: “Don’t take it, you’ve got one chance, if it doesn’t go well, you’re done in the NHL!”

“I told my agent: ‘I don’t want to play in Detroit for Mike Babcock, I don’t trust him. Call him back and tell him thank you, we’ll get back to you.’

“My agent then told me the GM put a 15-minute time limit on the offer. I needed to make up my mind in 15 minutes or he was gonna pull the offer off the table. This was July 1st, free agency had just started 10 minutes prior. I called the GM and told him: ‘Ken, Mike Commodore here, I like you, you’re a good guy. Is it you who wants me or the coach?’ Ken Holland said that he wanted me and so did Babcock. So I told him that I would love to play for Ken, and I would love to play for the red wings, but that I didn’t trust the coach from previous experience. So I called the coach, by now I had 10 minutes left.

“I called him: ‘Babs, Mike Commodore here. Please be honest with me, do you want me on your hockey team or not?’ He said he did. I wanted to know if I’d get an opportunity. I told him I am not looking for anything special, but that I needed to know if I was gonna get a fair shot and a chance to play. He said ‘I want you on my team. You will get a fair chance. We need someone physical on the back end with a right shot. I want you. You will play.’

“I hung up the phone, five minutes left. My gut screamed ‘Say No!’ This coach screwed me over nine years ago. He buried me in the paper after I had a good camp in Anaheim. He buried me so I would look bad so he could then play his boy from juniors who was an undrafted rookie at camp that year … Kurt Sauer. Six years later when I finally had a chance to take a shot back at him publicly I did so in the paper when I was in Columbus. But then I started to think about Detroit, a good team, always makes the playoffs, get to play with great players, and about maybe getting the opportunity. So I took Mike Babcock’s word and I signed the contract, thirty minutes into free agency. I signed the [expletive] contract faster than when I was a ‘hot commodity’ four years earlier. I was one of the first players gone that year in free agency. Off the board July 1st.

“I went to camp in Detroit, and got scratched out. I did injure my knee a bit so I missed couple of days in camp and the first four games. I got back as if it was nothing major. I came back, and the team won its first five games. I got scratched, but okay, the team was winning. We lost seven in a row, then I wasn’t even close to playing. Scratch, scratch.

“Finally, it was mid-November, Ian White got a puck to the face and was going to miss a week, we went on a road trip. A four-game road trip, and I thought to myself that this was my chance. I played three games, no two games, I think, three minutes a night… The only time I touched the ice was when the fourth line was on, and the faceoff was in the neutral zone. I was opening the doors for Lidström, that’s all I was doing, being a cheerleader.

“Bab then met with me, said he was calling up guys from minors, and scratched me until Christmas. Then the GM forced the coach to play me; I played fifteen games, I fought, I played the best I could with the ice time I was getting. And then I got traded (to Tampa) because Ken Holland felt bad. “

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post

His experience in Detroit was well documented, but I had no idea it went back to the AHL days.

Default NHL, and so it begins...

Created this thread so as to not muddy up the regular NHL thread.

Avery coming out about Marc Crawford, https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...er/c-312084372
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Created this thread so as to not muddy up the regular NHL thread.

Avery coming out about Marc Crawford, https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...er/c-312084372
    Sean Avery deserved to get his teeth kicked in and injected with Ebola. All day, every day. Fuck him all the way to the end of the earth.

Oh, and this story is super believable because we all know how timid and shy Sean Avery was while a player. He can go on TV and blab about "sloppy seconds", call Martin Brodeur a fatty and then stand in front of government officials pretending to care about gay rights, but he can't call out a coach within a decade?

Dear Internet,
    13 years ago, a relatively frail, much much older man wearing no pads at all and actually a quite fashionable suit kicked me with his Salvatore Ferragamo loafer while I was wearing full on hockey equipment. My feels. #MeToo.

Fucking bullshit lying scum bag.

*But that's none of my business Kermit meme.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, it's hard for an outsider to judge the truthfulness of any of these allegations, but it's probably time for pro hockey to have its ass kicked about the conduct of its employees.
    Hopefully that trickles down a few levels and we start teaching young men more realistic standards of conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

I have no no interest in exposing my kids to hockey on any level. It's a cultural cess pool.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have no no interest in exposing my kids to hockey on any level. It's a cultural cess pool.
    I didn't have to make that choice with my kids, but I pretty much agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Sean Avery deserved to get his teeth kicked in and injected with Ebola. All day, every day. Fuck him all the way to the end of the earth.

Oh, and this story is super believable because we all know how timid and shy Sean Avery was while a player. He can go on TV and blab about "sloppy seconds", call Martin Brodeur a fatty and then stand in front of government officials pretending to care about gay rights, but he can't call out a coach within a decade?

Dear Internet,
    13 years ago, a relatively frail, much much older man wearing no pads at all and actually a quite fashionable suit kicked me with his Salvatore Ferragamo loafer while I was wearing full on hockey equipment. My feels. #MeToo.

Fucking bullshit lying scum bag.

*But that's none of my business Kermit meme.
    Read his autobiography. It explains a lot of his behavior. It was his way of getting attention as a mediocre athlete and overselling himself. The fact that he was interested in things different from his peers made him a bit of an outsider.

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in between, but kudos for not being your typical journeyman with nothing left to show for at the end of his career.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    There's ups and downs to it as with any sport, but most people I know who played lives are richer because of it. Calling it a cultural cess pool is a bit much.. most NHL players are the classiest pro athletes you will find.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Read his autobiography. It explains a lot of his behavior. It was his way of getting attention as a mediocre athlete and overselling himself. The fact that he was interested in things different from his peers made him a bit of an outsider.

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in between, but kudos for not being your typical journeyman with nothing left to show for at the end of his career.
    I've seen a show where they go over this same theme and perhaps a portion of that is true. I still kind of don't care, though. His conduct on the ice and in the uniform was repulsive and unacceptable. There are plenty of other players who struggled to make the cut and didn't choose his path when they could have.
    His true self chose to create that persona (if we choose to believe that story) and that leaves blood on his hands.

The door has been opened.
    Might as well shut down the league at this point.

Agree with an earlier point that team sports teach kids a lot more than the sport itself and one takes that into adulthood.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast