Quantcast
Leasing attitudes : with poll - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Will you consider a lease for your next vehicle?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 55.70%
  • No

35 44.30%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Leasing attitudes : with poll

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm mid/late 30's as well... I just drive beaters, but i don't give a shit what other people think about me and don't need status for my own happiness, so i'd rather keep that cash in my pocket and use it for stuff i enjoy.
    It really all depends on what one desires out of their vehicles, my wife and I own two vehicles which are 19 and 18 model years old. Mine is truly a beater but a reliable beater used solely as a work vehicle, my wife's is a year older but has all the bells and whistles of that era for a GM.

We haven't had a car payment in decades because we've always personally bought use and great used vehicles at that. Are we rich or baller, hell no but it did allow my wife to be a stay at home mom which was a part of our plan. Do we care what others think of our vehicles, hell no. I'll plop my miter saw on the hood of my Suburban as a place for it to sit while I get my table saw out. Do I worry about scratches or dents, hell no because that shit happens on the job sites I'm at, really I don't get people spending $50,000 plus on a work truck that's going to get beat up - first week I had mine, minor dent in the front fender. Not sure who did it but I sure as hell didn't lose any sleep over it. Other guys in their new trucks, well it's quite a scene.

All I'm saying is each to their own, we can't be bothered with the whole economic math of leading versus new and to be honest, there plenty of great used vehicles out there - our Trailbazer (written off by a distracted driver who hit my wife) was bought use and still had the factory protective plastic on the second and third row seats plus the rear entertainment video/audio stuff and it was 6 years old when we bought it. My wife's current SUV, bought at 16 model years old only had 58,000km on it - very old seniors owned it in Medicine Hat and used it only for getting groceries and going to church on Sundays.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Im a late starter to the game of life. So I would not consider leasing and I could not afford it and have short and medium term savings.

However if I was a teacher or a AHS worker I would consider as might be able to afford to do so.

My Ride
    ute

shots fired!

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    What your math didn't show that is finance is 2% cheaper than leasing which exactly the difference.
    That doesn't matter though, I'm basing this on the current rates, not 1:1 since that's not what is being offered
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    However if I was a teacher or a AHS worker I would consider as might be able to afford to do so.
    Having a secure job with great pension and benefits certainly frees up cash flow for discretionary spending. You should be a teacher, it's easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR

Im a late starter to the game of life. So I would not consider leasing and I could not afford it and have short and medium term savings.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tonytiger55 again.

Dammit, that was good!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    That doesn't matter though, I'm basing this on the current rates, not 1:1 since that's not what is being offered
    Rates aside, there is also residual. Yes, not all vehicle are good leases. A lot of brands don't want to deal with returns so they either artificially set rate high or residual low to discourage leasing customers.

I may have witnessed a murder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4