Quantcast
Dogs. Starting to look at options.... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Dogs. Starting to look at options....

My Ride
    TRD Pro

As mentioned previously, my previous dog was an english bulldog.. they are known for farting regardless of their diets. (He was on raw food)

https://anybulldog.com/do-bulldogs-f...ow-to-stop-it/

Some days were worse than others, but man could he clear out a room! All sorts of noises coming out of him. (Snoring mostly)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Has anyone ordered food from these guys:
    https://www.thecompletek9.ca/

I pay around 30$ for 4k bag of raw food for my doggo at the moment. He's only 11lbs so he doesn't eat much but looking at their price list I'd shave my food bill down to a quarter with the 2x2" cubes

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    farting is generally from a really bad diet or a dog that has some issues with the food being fed.

we've fed our dog GOOD quality kibble and raw types and little to no farting. If our dog does.. you'll know but its very very seldom.

Diet is key for ANY dog and really its up to your dog to let you know how they are doing.
    Yea I just feed my guy science diet kibble and I don’t find farting to be particularly bad or frequent. It happens but not so much that I would say it bothers me.

He’s still very much a puppy though.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

We have a 65 lbs Samoyed. We've had him for a little over 2 years now and we're really happy with this choice. It somewhat checks all your boxes:

-Non-Shedding or low shedding
    -Non-drooling
    -Over 40lbs, not some little yippy mutt
    -Active (Or not.. always will have a soft spot for bulldogs)
    - They blow their coat twice a year, but other than that, it's minor shedding. I mostly get tumbleweeds of cotton-like hair around that's fairly easy to Swiffer up. Their hair is more like a sheep-skin rug, very soft and you can actually save it and get it cleaned and spun into yarn for scarves and blankets.
    - They do not drool. I'm pretty finicky about cleanliness in the house and they're very well kept. Not strong chewers and don't drool alot.
    - Mine's on the bigger end at 65lbs, but they usually are around 45-55lbs as an adult.
    - They are pretty active as puppies, they begin to settle a bit at around 1.5-2 years. They do need walks and we take my little guy for hikes and trips to the dog park. They also love snow and once they're 2, they can start to learn to pull a sled.

Other things to consider:

- They are intelligent and independent, training is required and not optional. They're a bit on the stubborn side, but if you're firm and consistent with training, they'll do okay.
    - They NEVER smell and are hardly dirty (to an extent), so the need for baths are very minimal. We haven't bathed ours since the beginning of Summer. Odors, mud and dirt literally flick off their fur when they're dry.
    - Grooming is obviously a must. Weekly brush and nail trims mostly.
    - Don't need haircuts.
    - Great with children and are very gentle. They are dainty eaters, sometimes picky.
    - Mid-Mid high energy levels. Not as much as a Husky or Malamute, but will require walks almost everyday. Great on hikes, snowshoeing, X-country skiing, sledding etc.
    - They don't fart loud nor do they stink. At least my little guy doesn't.

Bonus:

Also if you're single, ladies flock to this dog daily. I joke with my GF that it's super easy to meet girls with my pup when I'm alone with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

I pay around 30$ for 4k bag of raw food for my doggo at the moment. He's only 11lbs so he doesn't eat much but looking at their price list I'd shave my food bill down to a quarter with the 2x2" cubes
    We did, then for some reason my dog stopped liking the food and it was getting expensive for how much he needs to eat, so we switched back to dry food.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 12-06-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I was one of their first Calgary customers.. started off with a few bags in the back of a half ton, now two large refrigerated trucks. I did 50lb bags of 1lb cuts, and used most of the performance blends. WAY cheaper then any store bought. Only issue is planning out the once a month deliveries and having a large freezer for the bulk bags.

Brief history, they used to just be a bulk re-seller for another product (cant remember the name) and other stores got upset that he was undercutting so badly, so the brand got taken away. They then sourced their own local products and food and went from there. They are also Mastiff breeders that are (or used to be) on the show circuit, so deeply involved with dogs.

My Ride
    Cummins F10

I use their food for my Portuguese water dog. No issues at all
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

Doberman's would fit what you are looking for. Active, smart, low shedding

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

We have a 1 year old golden doodle and she's been fantastic. Obviously we are still learning, but she is very relaxed and calm in the evenings but loves to play too. Only issue we have is when she's fixated, she can be stubborn and not listen. Again, training. She sheds a bit, but nowhere near what a full on lab or golden would.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3