Hey all,

I am looking for a part-time content editor and operations admin. This role works closely with me and will effectively mature into my "right hand" across my content website business. While part-time, this role does require responsiveness and accessibility- I need to be able to connect with you via Skype and get a response with a few hours at most.

Specific responsibilities include:
  • Reviewing content for technical quality (spelling/grammatical structure)
  • Ensuring provided content meets SEO requirements (will train on what this means)
  • Managing workflow across multiple channels (content writers, graphics designers, developers, etc.)
  • Being responsive to team needs, scheduling workflow as-needed, and generally working to support the larger organization as needed

This role is established and funded (we are hiring to replace an existing team member) and long-term (this role is considered an essential component of our business).

Compensation is ~$30/hr. The current team member puts in 8-10 hours/week. We are willing to go a bit higher for genuine rockstar talent.

A candidate that is a good fit:
  • Able to work effectively from home (this is a home-based role)
  • Has reliable access to high-speed internet (obviously)
  • Is able to work autnomously, without the need for micro-management
  • Able to take direction and feedback well; views feedback as constructive vs. a knock at their ego
  • Is interested in growing their online marketing ability
  • Is confident in their ability to get up to speed and keep pace with a team of experienced and fast-moving people
  • Understands the value of being spendthrift and lean and mean during the startup phase of a business
  • Works to better the business; is a genuine "we" as opposed to "me" team player
  • Well organized, detail focused, and disciplined
  • Highly communicative of their needs and seeks feedback/coaching whenever needed

If you or someone you know wants to get more involved in digital publishing and SEO, this is an excellent opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, marketing veterans with a successful portfolio of large content websites. Expect a weekly 1-hour touchbase/coaching call, as well as at least once-monthly in-person meetings over coffee/drinks.

This role is ideal for new graduates or anyone else seeking regular part-time work.

This role works very closely with me. I am looking for someone who wants to support a larger team and is able to take big-picture thinking and break it down into tangible next-steps and processes.

If you or someone you know is interested, please get in touch via email (do not PM me) at [email protected] with the subject line "Hey Cam, Give me a Damn Job".

Cheers