Quantcast
smart devices - Wifi problems - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: smart devices - Wifi problems

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, you're disabling all the good things about these setups that makes wifi seamless in the home on your mobile devices. These should be SSID specific settings. Create one with this stuff disabled and use it for IoT. Then keep all this stuff on for your primary.

Google Nest cameras are super finicky with mesh setups as well, I have a standalone SSID on each AP in addition to the main one just for Nest cameras to connect to without roaming.
    This is great information thank you! Like I said I’m a rookie with this setup as I have had it for under a month and still trying to figure it out. I appreciate the suggestions and any others you have.

Oddly enough my nest cams have been great as has my other IOT devices it’s just my bloody iPad that keeps doing the “wrong password” garbage. I’m hoping my resent changes have fixed it however.
    Last edited by Kavy; 12-20-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

(edit - was thinking cloud key =/= USG controller, but cloud key can integrate with USG)
    Last edited by revelations; 12-20-2019 at 02:11 PM.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Been having problems with a lenovo smart clock I bought on black friday. It never keeps a connection, and is a PITA to get connected again even when I bring it close to the router. Tried 2g and 5g band and still the same thing.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So, I still have intermittent problems with one of my "Google home mini" devices. it is the one that's furthest away from my router, so maybe it's just not seeing strong enough signal? Cellphones in that area have no issues and stream music and video just fine, but maybe the antenna sucks on that device?

My phone is showing signal strength of about -60 dbm at that location, is that considered "bad"?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So, I still have intermittent problems with one of my "Google home mini" devices. it is the one that's furthest away from my router, so maybe it's just not seeing strong enough signal? Cellphones in that area have no issues and stream music and video just fine, but maybe the antenna sucks on that device?

My phone is showing signal strength of about -60 dbm at that location, is that considered "bad"?
    I have my APs disconnect and shift clients if they are -75dbm. 60dbm is a great signal.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

It probably can't handle your perverted requests anymore.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I have my APs disconnect and shift clients if they are -75dbm. 60dbm is a great signal.
    Huh, I mean, it feels plenty strong and stable on phones and tablets, but wondered if other devices had worse antennae and would need stronger signals.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Huh, I mean, it feels plenty strong and stable on phones and tablets, but wondered if other devices had worse antennae and would need stronger signals.
    In some other threads I had mentioned that I transitioned away from the orbi because of issues I had with IOT clients. Make sure airtime fairness is turned off on the orbi. Echo’s and Google homes normally have very good antennas for this exact reason it really sucks that the satellite is having issues with that client.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@revelations turned off AF a while ago for me. I'm running a really simple single ASUS router setup. No mesh.

The Asus CT8 and XT8 ZenWiFi mesh systems are available now if anyone has been waiting for those. They allow simultaneous transmission of separate 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands to play nice with smart devices (rare with mesh) as well as being excellent hardware. Also a 4X4 MIMO 5Ghz dedicated back-haul and optional wired backhaul.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Peter, try using a different channel perhaps? A wifi site survey at that location of the g device should show you something less cluttered. Phone apps exist for this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3