Quantcast
Scheer is out...who's next? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheer is out...who's next?

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised the Libertarian party hasn't really sprung up in numbers at all being that is what most people identify with.
    It gets painted as an extreme right wing lunatic party basically. Also, I don't see a tremendous about of "credible" people lending themselves to that party. Even Maxime Bernier decided to start his own party instead of lending his name to the Libertarians and taking the leadership which they basically offered him.

I agree though that this is most Canadians beliefs, and likely if Maxime won the leadership he would have pushed the CPC towards these values, which is exactly what they should be doing now.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

most the rednecks that support the libertarian party wouldn't support it because it sounds too much like liberals and they wont be bothered to learn the difference.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    Rempel is too stupid.

It's going to be Kenney
    Not sure if serious or trolling but there's 0% chance it's Kenney.

What are the other options? Get rich and leave, that's about it. And the steaming pile of shit government is sure trying to make it harder than ever to get rich in the first place.

I think you're forgetting that people on the left don't really care about policy. They care about moral high ground and social justice. Having a female leader that can speak with confidence is a big visual aide in swinging these voters.
    DING DING FUCKIN' DING! It's all just a popularity contest at this point, I see a confident female as the kryptonite for JT.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    It gets painted as an extreme right wing lunatic party basically. Also, I don't see a tremendous about of "credible" people lending themselves to that party. Even Maxime Bernier decided to start his own party instead of lending his name to the Libertarians and taking the leadership which they basically offered him.

I agree though that this is most Canadians beliefs, and likely if Maxime won the leadership he would have pushed the CPC towards these values, which is exactly what they should be doing now.
    Which is weird it has somehow garnered that type of notoriety. The Cons are way more right wing than Libertarians. You don't get much more center than Libertarian. But yeah I agree, the Cons need to just drop the social stuff, and adopt Libertarian values. The only people left who are still voting for Conservatives just for the sake of keeping the gays down, are going to be in a grave soon.

I've yet to meet someone that even liked scheer... Anyone?

MacKay is biding his time, and has many connections to draw from in his planning. He's playing a lot longer game than jumping at the first chance to get in like trudeau did. Unbelievably the country was stupid enough to put him again the 2nd time, when the first time was shocking enough.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Which is weird it has somehow garnered that type of notoriety. The Cons are way more right wing than Libertarians. You don't get much more center than Libertarian. But yeah I agree, the Cons need to just drop the social stuff, and adopt Libertarian values. The only people left who are still voting for Conservatives just for the sake of keeping the gays down, are going to be in a grave soon.
    The key is to not call them libertarian values, which is exactly what Bernier was/is doing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My theory is make Rempel interim leader. A Fiery female to constantly lob low blows against Trudeau for the nest 24 months while a real leader is picked. I don’t think she has much of a chance to be true leader this go around so interim leader is a great way to show her stuff for a longer term bid for leader. Plus in her riding there is no way she risks her seat by being negative against the Liberals.

From there, I still think we make a female leader for the next election. Good luck having the CBC twist their way into making a woman look like she hates women and wants to ban abortions. Plus you take away essentially all of Trudeau’s progressive cred as he will be the one standing in the way of Canada having their first (real) female leader.

We just need to topple Trudeau once and he goes away forever.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

This is so stupid. He should have moved on right after the election was lost. That way at least he leaves with some dignity at least. Its the common thing to do.

I dont even know why he got elected as conservative leader, someone needs to send him to Toastmasters to give him a breakdown on how to deliver speeches. Everytime he talks, he sounds like a choir boy who was not allowed to sit at the adults table for dinner. He needs to work on the delivery of his words with emphasis like he means it. Rather than reading what he has been told do.

Now he leaves with humiliation.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    What this country needs is a fiscally conservative party with progressive social views. This is the liberal party of the 1990's, there is no one holding this space, and there is a really large opportunity to fill that void. The kind of reckless spending (which is the only reason we don't notice the shrinking GDP in the private sector) is exactly what brought us into needing the GST.
    Exactly this - we need a whole new party like this, instead of the two dunces. Call it the 'common sense party of Canada'. They would have little to do though, with major social policy for the country.

We need to tear down the ragged ass parliament and come up with a new constitution that decentralizes power from Ottawa and puts it into the provinces and major cities.

Quebec can become a gun haters paradise and AB can become a gun lovers paradise where obvious criminals are shot without question if they break into your farm.

Let the localized citizens deal with the issues at hand. Peoples values are highly variable across Canada.

Like I said during the debates, if a leader had of spoke up 2 minutes in and said I'm leaving - I'm an adult and won't talk in 30 second sound bites, I'll hold a Q&A speech tomorrow @ xyz location, and leave the petty bickering to these do-nothing dolts on stage.

It would have captured a lot of votes. Imagine a leader that tells it like it is - like Trump, but without the Trump baggage. That said, none of them had the brains, bravado, or charisma to pull that off.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    It would have captured a lot of votes. Imagine a leader that tells it like it is - like Trump, but without the Trump baggage. That said, none of them had the brains, bravado, or charisma to pull that off.
    Did you just described Trudeau Sr.?

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This is so stupid. He should have moved on right after the election was lost. That way at least he leaves with some dignity at least. Its the common thing to do.

I dont even know why he got elected as conservative leader, someone needs to send him to Toastmasters to give him a breakdown on how to deliver speeches. Everytime he talks, he sounds like a choir boy who was not allowed to sit at the adults table for dinner. He needs to work on the delivery of his words with emphasis like he means it. Rather than reading what he has been told do.

Now he leaves with humiliation.

CPC must have used something to force him off. I believe he had a chance to back out gracefully before this session started but decided to keep going. Silly boy. It exactly why nobody is excited about Scheer being PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Not sure if serious or trolling but there's 0% chance it's Kenney.
    I won't put it at 0%, however unlikely.

But there were signs that Kenney knew what's going to happen to Scheer last week when he was in Ottawa.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-13-2019 at 11:16 AM.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    From there, I still think we make a female leader for the next election. Good luck having the CBC twist their way into making a woman look like she hates women and wants to ban abortions. Plus you take away essentially all of Trudeau’s progressive cred as he will be the one standing in the way of Canada having their first (real) female leader.
    There are lots of women who are pro life. Rona Ambrose voted to reopen the abortion debate in 2012 when she was the Minister of the Status of Women. Unless the Cons choose someone who can draw more votes from the centre-left, we are going to have a third term Trudeau. Which I would be absolutely fine with.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    ute

Canada is not nearly as uniformly pro choice as people in this thread think.

I am very pro choice but the statistics might surprise some here.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Really, that surprises me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

2010 poll say 52% Pro-Choice, 27% Pro-Life and 10% is neither.

Not sure if there is a newer poll but standing by or listening to Pro-Life population in a democracy is political suicide. Even Harper knew this in the 2000s.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-13-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This is where I don't understand the PCs. There seems to be this fear of 'alienating their base' if they get someone who is pro-choice and pro-LGBTQ.... but its not like their base is going to suddenly vote green, ndp or liberal instead of PC.. it makes no sense to me
    You make it seem like the base and the party are separate things.

The base is 'The Party.'

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    2010 poll say 52% Pro-Choice, 27% Pro-Life and 10% is neither.

Not sure if there is a newer poll but standing by or listening to Pro-Life population in a democracy is political suicide. Even Harper knew this in the 2000s.
    Did you know that Liz may is a Jesus-y pro lifer?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    There are lots of women who are pro life. Rona Ambrose voted to reopen the abortion debate in 2012 when she was the Minister of the Status of Women. Unless the Cons choose someone who can draw more votes from the centre-left, we are going to have a third term Trudeau. Which I would be absolutely fine with.
    Right. But the Pro Life argument takes a very very different spin when it comes from a man.

The whole “cons need to be more centrist” is completely wrong. What they need to do is buy more votes from the regions that matter.

People care way less about ideology and policy than knowing someone has their back.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jon...-elizabeth-may

Worth a read

. It should be said, at this juncture, that there really are some issues on which “zero” discussion is a perfectly defensible policy. I don’t have much problem with party leaders putting the kibosh on private member’s bills demanding the “truth” about how the Twin Towers fell, or quoting long passages from the oeuvre of David Irving. But abortion doesn’t fit at all into this category, because opposition to the current state of Canadian law on abortion isn’t exactly a fringe position. Just the opposite: Polls show that a majority of Canadians — 61 per cent, according to a 2018 Angus Reid survey — agree either that (a) “there should be some laws on abortion in Canada, especially in areas such as late-term pregnancies” (49 per cent of all respondents); or (b) “we should have abortion laws in Canada which severely restrict availability of abortion except in cases of sexual assault” (12 per cent).

These numbers haven’t changed all that much in recent years, which will seem surprising to those Canadians who have followed the issue casually in the media, and so may be under the impression that Canadians overwhelmingly support a hardcore libertarian legal regime permitting unfettered access to abortion, at any stage of gestation, for any reason whatsoever. As noted above, this extreme libertarian approach, embraced emphatically by the Liberals, Greens and NDP, actually represents a minority view in Canada. I’m pro-choice in my own personal outlook. But as a journalist, I find this state of play to be shocking: I know of no other policy issue that features such a massive disjunction between elite-enforced orthodoxy and the actual views of ordinary Canadians.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Did you know that Liz may is a Jesus-y pro lifer?
    Or was. But has since switch side to Feminist/Women's choice but caution that abortion comes with emotional baggage.

She has sacked one of the Anti-Abortion candidate on this year's election.

And I think a lot of poll ask the question differently, this one in 2017 have 77% pro choice and more than 1/2 of that is 0 limit.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3290006/s...pack-globally/

And Pro-Choice without limits seems to still at ~50%
    https://weneedalaw.ca/2018/07/canadi...s-on-abortion/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-13-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast