Quantcast
Scheer is out...who's next? - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheer is out...who's next?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Essentially what i said during the election. Conservatives are not going to change their votes from the Con's to Libs, if the con's go a bit more left.. so why are we wasting so much time chasing their votes? There is almost zero risk in by doing that..

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Essentially what i said during the election. Conservatives are not going to change their votes from the Con's to Libs, if the con's go a bit more left.. so why are we wasting so much time chasing their votes? There is almost zero risk in by doing that..
    This attitude across both sides of the aisle is the problem, no? If people just sit entrenched in their views and are unwilling to flex, it's not a surprise that there is so much divisiveness and derision in politics. How is progress supposed to be made?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This attitude across both sides of the aisle is the problem, no? If people just sit entrenched in their views and are unwilling to flex, it's not a surprise that there is so much divisiveness and derision in politics. How is progress supposed to be made?
    On the contrary, all we get is flex from your Premier and ours. They're both accomplishing absolutely nothing but shooting their mouths off.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

At the Federal level the West has been squeezed and yet ignored throughout the history of Canada. Flexing and making noise isn't about being entitled weenies, it's about not wanting to be forgotten and recognized. Normally we're pretty self-sufficient but these days the provinces genuinely need help and the Feds just smile with empty promises.

Name:  Cartoon-HBR.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  111.3 KB
    Last edited by msommers; 01-17-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

There is middle ground between Notleys "social license" method and Kenney's "let's confirm everyone's bias against us" methods.

The middle ground us actually cheaper than both because it requires no "war room", or ridiculous pandering. It just has us plodding along like a workhorse like we've always done, while getting ribbed (and ripped off) by the other provinces.

All three methods have the exact same results.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/podca...party-autopsy/

Lisa Raitt laid out some key reasons why the CPC lost the 905, based on her own experience in losing in the 905.

- Islamophobia; basically great PR from the opposition painting Devinder Shorey's bill as a way for crimes resulting in families being broken up and deported, scars from 'barbaric cultural practices hotline', niqab ban, etc. While much is manufactured, some is reality, she boiled it down to: "We didn't have anything that spoke and gave comfort to the Muslim Canadian community."

- Climate Change; base was on board with scrapping the carbon tax, didn't move the needle on others. 'if I'm one of these voters, I need to see a Climate Plan.'

- Progressiveness; gay marriage and abortion are non-starters for people. "Since I lost there isn't a person who doesn't ask me 'what are you guys doing on gay rights. Like seriously, what are you trying to say about this.'" "They heard and saw things they weren't comfortable with, and quite frankly, it's started with abortion rights...that defined the narrative."

Nothing shocking. The first point is largely a 905 issue, but the other two were the issue across the country.

Something that probably deserves more mention is the $200K entrance fee for the leadership race this time around (up from $50K last time). Doubles as a quick way to make money, but also ensures only connected and 'paid for' candidates have a chance. Somebody like McKay can raise that money easy enough, some of the lower pretenders can't, but still leaves the door open for a moneyd special interest group to get a real puppet in there (i.e. dairy lobby again).

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    There is middle ground between Notleys "social license" method and Kenney's "let's confirm everyone's bias against us" methods.

The middle ground us actually cheaper than both because it requires no "war room", or ridiculous pandering. It just has us plodding along like a workhorse like we've always done, while getting ribbed (and ripped off) by the other provinces.
    Thats the sad part - the middle/centrist approach (socially liberal, fiscally con) receives almost no funding, as opposed to the opposing sides. Thats why you almost never hear from the groups that represent the centrist approach.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    To clarify, I'm referring to our attitude. That we "take in the unemployed", as if we didn't choose to hire them in the first place. That the country is 'bending us over', and so on.

Albertans have a shitty attitude. Maybe everyone does. But I'm here, and holy fuck do I hate it when Albertans start rambling on about how bad they have it.

So ya, I misspoke. I'll reclarify my point: we have a shit attitude about life and it's not surprising people don't give much a fuck about us.

Like shit, if I lived in Ontario I sure wouldn't.
    Well that's nice. So why have a country in the first place?

Ontarians don't give a shit about BC either. Is BC full of people with shit attitudes?

Hey did you know Ontario got an extra $1billion in transfer payments in each of the last two years, for absolutely no reason at all?

The Liberals could've given Alberta that extra $1billion. And no one would've cared, except for Albertans.

Well I guess that's the problem then right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Well that's nice. So why have a country in the first place?
    Dumb question. Moving on.

Ontarians don't give a shit about BC either. Is BC full of people with shit attitudes?
    Uhh, yes. How is this even a question?

Hey did you know Ontario got an extra $1billion in transfer payments in each of the last two years, for absolutely no reason at all?
    Yep. Nobody said that was fair a game.

The Liberals could've given Alberta that extra $1billion. And no one would've cared, except for Albertans.
    You aren't wrong about that one.

Well I guess that's the problem then right?
    Are you making a point here? Can you clarify so dumb people like myself know what the fuck it is you're trying to say?

Default Scheer is out.

I wish him well when he renounces his Canadian citizenship to become a US politician.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Stop making threads.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Stop making threads.
    Cutoff 1 head, 2 more grow back
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Stop making threads.
    We have some smart tech people that run this site. Must be possible to redirect all his posting to a mirror of beyond just for him
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

Stop making threads.
    The Neg Rep button exists. Unleash the red dot of shame.
    I'll be +Rep y'all as soon as I can. Out of gas, for now.
    There used to be some guy named Andre or something on my350z.com and the Admins put him on GLOBAL IGNORE for several several months and he was none the wiser. It was hilarious how he completely disappeared but didn't alter his posting patterns, at all, yet no one saw them. Then when he was brought back, it all came clear to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    We have some smart tech people that run this site. Must be possible to redirect all his posting to a mirror of beyond just for him
    Agree. You too

Hey, its perfectly natural for a Canadian politician to go US. Its literally what every actor and musician did for a solid two of four decades of my life. If Kanye and his $1.3 Billion is any indicator, every musician who bailed on Canada - basically made the right move. You always want to be as close to the money printing as possible, preferably the first in line (No doubt at this rate, there will be a $100 Billionaire musician in the USA in a couple decades if the US dollar still exists, simply because they have the ability to print money.)

I believe Rob Anders is in a Southern US state (the Covid hotzones right now), begging to startup his US career. If you want to believe the USA landed a whiny ass bitch on a movie set in California in 1969, who complains about not being paid enough, then thats true too. Just telling it like I see it.

That Scheer did not pledge full allegiance to Canada, was a betrayal by my standards. He might be the guy putting a 100% tariff on Canadian lumber someday. Just you watch, let Uncle ZenOps tell you the score, and in a decade or two tally it up. I take nickels on won bets.

Turncoat : A turncoat is a person who shifts allegiance from one loyalty or ideal to another, betraying or deserting an original cause by switching to the opposing side or party. From a military perspective, opposing armies generally wear uniforms of contrasting colors to prevent incidents of Friendly fire.

OT: Why do I know where Rob Anders is? Because I want to make sure I have an armed guard if he or any of his goons gets within 100 miles.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-13-2020 at 04:58 AM.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

so, there are 4 people in the running for CPC leadership: Peter MacKay, Leslyn Lewis, Erin O'Toole, and Derek Sloan.

Of the candidates, I am leaning towards Leslyn Lewis. I think she is the dark horse of this leadership campaign. She is a woman and a minority, which should appeal to a lot of liberals that might swing their vote, but is a lawyer with bachelors that include international law. She hasn't shied away from the debates and has handled herself quite well. I think she would get my vote.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    so, there are 4 people in the running for CPC leadership: Peter MacKay, Leslyn Lewis, Erin O'Toole, and Derek Sloan.

Of the candidates, I am leaning towards Leslyn Lewis. I think she is the dark horse of this leadership campaign. She is a woman and a minority, which should appeal to a lot of liberals that might swing their vote, but is a lawyer with bachelors that include international law. She hasn't shied away from the debates and has handled herself quite well. I think she would get my vote.
    The only problem is she's the most social conservative of them all. She's talking about banning certain types of abortions. In Canada that's pretty much a dealbreaker IMO.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    The only problem is she's the most social conservative of them all. She's talking about banning certain types of abortions. In Canada that's pretty much a dealbreaker IMO.
    Its her biggest drawback for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I love how accepted our racist and generally discriminatory attitudes are in our country in that we think someone being black and female improves their shot of getting elected. That somehow being white or male will prevent progressives from voting for you.

Reminds me of how cultured the US was for having 93-95% of African Americans vote for Obama.

That doesn’t sound like making voting decisions based on race at all lol, I thought that was supposed to be bad?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Not sure how accurate your statement is. Mind you I have only been researching her for the last 24 hours but her 2 main points regarding abortion are:
    1) not allowing parents to abort a fetus based on the sex of the fetus
    2) not allowing for coerced abortion

I think those are pretty commendable if you ask me. No where am I finding her stating that she wants to end abortions period...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast