Quantcast
Scheer is out...who's next? - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 323

Thread: Scheer is out...who's next?

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrammarSS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, we understand that it's 2020 but they feel that it's 1920 (or wish it still was.)
    What do you mean by that, exactly?

    The current Liberals are far-left and view things through Marxist ideology, through a post-modern, post-truth lens, and all the nonsense that stems from these, such as identity politics. To argue to dates is what Trudeau did when he was first elected and was asked why his cabinet was half women: "Because it's 2015." That is about the worst answer he could give but is not all surprising.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were just claiming earlier that someone doesn't have decency because they refused to march in a parade. When you make voluntarily participating in a parade the litmus test as to who is decent, you fail the grasp the strong irony in trying to claim people other people are "socially controlling of other people's lives". When in reality, trying to paint someone as not being decent, all because they don't want to participate in a voluntary parade, is an incredibly manipulative and strong form of social control you're trying to apply to his life, and anyone who disagrees with you on this issue.
    I disagree with your interpretation of my position. He, any of the candidates, could literally just leave abortion topics alone as is and choose to accept people's personal sexuality and two big issues costing them votes would disappear. Do they HAVE to march in a parade? Of course not. But if they'd just shut up about some things and publicly display some other things that showed a semblance of respect and acceptance it would go miles. As a by-product of some tolerance we likely wouldn't be stuck with this virtue signalling, socially conscious beyond reason, disaster of a Government.

    That's my point. Also yes, you don't have much decency if you can't display some toward others by simply accepting that people are different.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with your interpretation of my position. He, any of the candidates, could literally just leave abortion topics alone as is and choose to accept people's personal sexuality and two big issues costing them votes would disappear. Do they HAVE to march in a parade? Of course not. But if they'd just shut up about some things and publicly display some other things that showed a semblance of respect and acceptance it would go miles. As a by-product of some tolerance we likely wouldn't be stuck with this virtue signalling, socially conscious beyond reason, disaster of a Government.

    That's my point. Also yes, you don't have much decency if you can't display some toward others by simply accepting that people are different.
    People with non-conservative social policies have tried and failed for the leadership of the party. Alberta/west voters are largely to blame for this. Western Conservatives often want two things: good economic policy and conservative social policy. They aren't willing to give up one to get the other, which is stupid.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People with non-conservative social policies have tried and failed for the leadership of the party. Alberta/west voters are largely to blame for this. Western Conservatives often want two things: good economic policy and conservative social policy. They aren't willing to give up one to get the other, which is stupid.
    Agreed, which is why I said the base is too stupid to get elected again.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People with non-conservative social policies have tried and failed for the leadership of the party. Alberta/west voters are largely to blame for this. Western Conservatives often want two things: good economic policy and conservative social policy. They aren't willing to give up one to get the other, which is stupid.
    It’s called having integrity in one’s convictions. How is that stupid? I get it that we’ve had 5 years of zero integrity from the Liberals but people who have principles and are willing to stand for what they believe is right can hardly be called stupid. Stupid is abandoning one’s convictions just to get power.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,017
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s called having integrity in one’s convictions. How is that stupid? I get it that we’ve had 5 years of zero integrity from the Liberals but people who have principles and are willing to stand for what they believe is right can hardly be called stupid. Stupid is abandoning one’s convictions just to get power.
    Stupid is refusing to realize your beliefs and ways aren't conducive to a happy world and to not give up outdated ideals and unrealistic moral positions that infringe upon others rights to choose.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid is refusing to realize your beliefs and ways aren't conducive to a happy world and to not give up outdated ideals and unrealistic moral positions that infringe upon others rights to choose.
    Laws always have legislated morality, for good reason. If people always simply have the right to choose, they will inevitably end up harming someone else. As an example, what is the actual issue with abortion?

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laws always have legislated morality, for good reason. If people always simply have the right to choose, they will inevitably end up harming someone else. As an example, what is the actual issue with abortion?

    Annnnnnd... We're off! *looking for popcorn*
    Bob Blakeborough

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Annnnnnd... We're off! *looking for popcorn*
    lol ain't that the truth, eh?

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Annnnnnd... We're off! *looking for popcorn*
    I’m just trying to show why the argument that Conservatives should abandon conservative social policy shows a level of ignorance as to how such Conservatives view those issues. Having convictions and standing up for what one believes is right used to be considered a virtue, but society as a whole has been drinking from the Leftist punch bowl for far too long.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,240
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting.

    Letting people decide when to die: good, let people do what they want!
    Letting people pay for their own healthcare: bad, people shouldn't be allowed to do what they want!

    I don't get people who want to regulate other people.

    How about hate speech laws and Liberals: bad! We must regulate people's mouths, but never their uteruses!

    I wish Liberals and Conservatives just take each of their pet issues about controlling others' actions, and beat it.
    I dont follow, I disagree with having only publicly funded medicare. People should have a choice.

    I also think that Ottawa should decentralize power, much more down to the provinces, kill off the military and establish a self-defense force/peacekeeping force only. etc.

    Further to this, we should have power down to the local rep, not some far off MP in Ottawa or an MLA in dedmonton.

  12. #232
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,338
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    It's only virtuous if you agree with their opinion.

    Otherwise Nazi's were virtuous. Slave holders were virtuous. Keeping women from voting was virtuous. Etc. Etc.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m just trying to show why the argument that Conservatives should abandon conservative social policy shows a level of ignorance as to how such Conservatives view those issues. Having convictions and standing up for what one believes is right used to be considered a virtue, but society as a whole has been drinking from the Leftist punch bowl for far too long.
    Compromise and inclusion are also virtues, but there doesn't appear to be much room for that in politics these days as you "righties" love to demonstrate.

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compromise and inclusion are also virtues, but there doesn't appear to be much room for that in politics these days as you "righties" love to demonstrate.
    Ha! You cannot be serious. The Left constantly talks about diversity and inclusion but what they really mean is diversity of gender, skin colour, etc., not in thought, opinion, or belief, and everyone is included except those who think or believe differently. Trudaue’s virtue-signalling on abortion is a clear example of this. Of course, it happens on all sides but is particularly bad on the Left.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,103
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont follow, I disagree with having only publicly funded medicare. People should have a choice.

    I also think that Ottawa should decentralize power, much more down to the provinces, kill off the military and establish a self-defense force/peacekeeping force only. etc.

    Further to this, we should have power down to the local rep, not some far off MP in Ottawa or an MLA in dedmonton.
    I may have misunderstood your point on healthcare...

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha! You cannot be serious. The Left constantly talks about diversity and inclusion but what they really mean is diversity of gender, skin colour, etc., not in thought, opinion, or belief, and everyone is included except those who think or believe differently. Trudaue’s virtue-signalling on abortion is a clear example of this. Of course, it happens on all sides but is particularly bad on the Left.
    Mate, my post was what was called "bait" and you ate it up.

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welp, since no one wants to tell me why the cons are socially cons (I dont follow their party) - here are some of their official positions I dont agree with:


    • Publicly funded healthcare (should be public + private, and is a provincial matter, not federal)
    How long has Alberta had a two-tier system and who brought it in? Publicly funded healthcare is typically socialist, is it not?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mate, my post was what was called "bait" and you ate it up.
    Ah, you’re one of those kinds of posters.

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,349
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, you’re one of those kinds of posters.
    Mate, your posts are rooted entirely in ideology and rely on so many assumptions that they aren't really worth engaging.

    Case and point: I threw the same type of "logic" back at you and you replied with "HA! You can't be serious", and you did so unironically. That's because you're one of those types of posters.

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compromise and inclusion are also virtues, but there doesn't appear to be much room for that in politics these days as you "righties" love to demonstrate.
    Am rightie, can confirm.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People with non-conservative social policies have tried and failed for the leadership of the party. Alberta/west voters are largely to blame for this. Western Conservatives often want two things: good economic policy and conservative social policy. They aren't willing to give up one to get the other, which is stupid.
    Social conservatives happily give up good economic policy to get conservative social policy any chance they get.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

    By phreezee in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 72
    Latest Threads: 06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
  2. Help me pick out my next!!

    By essential.mix in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 02-05-2007, 12:19 AM
  3. PIAA bulb burnt out, what next?

    By iblizzard in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-28-2005, 02:10 AM
  5. Replies: 62
    Latest Threads: 10-14-2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •