Quantcast
Scheer is out...who's next? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 323

Thread: Scheer is out...who's next?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    8,835
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Is there a Quebec version of Jody wilson-reybauld?
    Silly people focus on the math.

  2. #22
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,736
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Word is he got caught using party money to pay for his kids private school fees. lolol, the hypocrisy is amazing
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,232
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word is he got caught using party money to pay for his kids private school fees. lolol, the hypocrisy is amazing
    Heard the same thing. The whole CPC exec should be canned
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,566
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    lol. Canada is such a steaming pile of shit.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol. Canada is such a steaming pile of shit.
    I truly wonder why you stay, it seems there are no upsides for you.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,048
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I truly wonder why you stay, it seems there are no upsides for you.
    I like it here. Politically it IS a steaming pile of shit, it's getting that way socially too. You don't have to love a place to live in it. Or, you can love living in a place and still hate what it's become/becoming.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm just waiting for Peter MacKay to swoop in with his Jim Prentice style "And watching from afar, I was as disappointed and as frustrated as anyone. I wasn't at the table when those decisions were made, but I am at the table now." speech.

    I heard Brad Wall is learning french, where do I place my bets?

    Anyone thinking Rempel or Ambrose could lead the Conservatives to victory is insane. The Cons need someone closer to center on the political spectrum, someone with charisma. Rempel is way too hardcore "THEY TOOK R JOBS N GUNS" for anywhere outside of Alberta/Saskatchewan.
    Last edited by dino_martini; 12-12-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,653
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    .
    Last edited by 01RedDX; 05-06-2020 at 12:45 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,538
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like McKay, but Ambrose or Rempel would be good too. Would also help capture some women votes I think
    McKay doesn't want to get back in. Iranian born wife may not attract the right attention. But I think he would be best against Trudeau.

    Any names west of Thunder Bay is a waste of time.

    Anyone that's tied to Harper in any way is no go, that's why Ambrose quit and Kenney came to AB.

    Rempel and Poilievre may get the youth vote but so far I don't think that's what Conservative are after. They may need another 5-6 years before they are ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word is he got caught using party money to pay for his kids private school fees. lolol, the hypocrisy is amazing
    He claims he is only having the party pay the price difference of private school in Sask vs Ottawa. But someone is definitely holding this over his head.

    Not sure why he forges on when he barely got control before election and totally lost it after.

    EDIT:
    "Mercedes Stephenson
    @MercedesGlobal
    #CPC sources tell Global News that members of the Conservative Fund are outraged and demanded Scheer's resignation when they found out party money was being spent on private schooling. Sources say the expenditures were made without the knowledge or approval of the Fund #cdnpoli"
    So CPC is accusing him of stealing $ for schooling.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-12-2019 at 04:40 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
    Posts
    2,545
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word is he got caught using party money to pay for his kids private school fees. lolol, the hypocrisy is amazing
    I heard that too. How does one person get access to party money to do with as he pleases? Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he has a chequebook in his desk requiring only his signature with no oversight whatsoever.

    Edit: Looks like it was horseshit, media presented info out of context (big surprise), nothing shady going on. CPC covered the difference in schooling costs between Regina (where he's from) and Ottawa when he moved the family there.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 12-12-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Lisa Rait was the obvious choice, especially following the SNC inquiry facetime... and then lost to an olympian...

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like it here. Politically it IS a steaming pile of shit, it's getting that way socially too. You don't have to love a place to live in it. Or, you can love living in a place and still hate what it's become/becoming.
    I can understand if you like it here, but Buster specifically does not seem to have that view. Hence my wonder.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,566
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I truly wonder why you stay, it seems there are no upsides for you.
    My views are pretty clear - I think Alberta should leave (politically - hard to actually MOVE a landmass of this size.)

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lisa Rait was the obvious choice, especially following the SNC inquiry facetime... and then lost to an olympian...
    The Canadaland podcast had Lisa Raitt on after the election. Pretty candid and one of their better ones, and she knew she was going to lose to the Liberals.

    https://www.canadalandshow.com/podca...party-autopsy/

  15. #35
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,736
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard that too. How does one person get access to party money to do with as he pleases? Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he has a chequebook in his desk requiring only his signature with no oversight whatsoever.

    Edit: Looks like it was horseshit, media presented info out of context (big surprise), nothing shady going on. CPC covered the difference in schooling costs between Regina (where he's from) and Ottawa when he moved the family there.
    he wouldn't be resigning if it wasn't something shady... if it wasn't this, it was something else... he wouldn't give up for no reason
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Airdrie
    My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My views are pretty clear - I think Alberta should leave (politically - hard to actually MOVE a landmass of this size.)
    Considering that isn't going to happen I suppose you are content to just sit here and whine. In which case, carry on.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,538
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he wouldn't be resigning if it wasn't something shady... if it wasn't this, it was something else... he wouldn't give up for no reason
    I think the schooling is enough. Bringing that up to me is akin to screwing with his family.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit: Looks like it was horseshit, media presented info out of context (big surprise), nothing shady going on. CPC covered the difference in schooling costs between Regina (where he's from) and Ottawa when he moved the family there.
    CBC reported it as such. Not sure if other outlets are changing the story.

    But this is internal, someone inside wants him gone and going to the media with it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,538
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McKay is a social conservative as well? If that's the case we are doomed.
    He is a a pragmatist.

    He is pro-abortion and while you won't find him matching gay parade, he voted for gay marriage bill in 2006.

    He is tough on crime and a fiscal conservative.

    He is a "Progressive" conservative thru and thru and tow the party line when the merger happened. He's someone I would get behind if he ever comes back out. But I think he enjoy family life too much to ruin a good thing.

    The way I see it, if Conservative turns back into PC, at least 1/3 of their members in (mostly AB/Sask) will start up Reform again. I don't see a way for conservative to win until people understand that social conservatism is baggage in a democracy where 60-70% of population has already moved on.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-12-2019 at 03:59 PM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,566
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering that isn't going to happen I suppose you are content to just sit here and whine. In which case, carry on.
    you say whining like its a bad thing

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,566
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Politically it IS a steaming pile of shit, it's getting that way socially too. You don't have to love a place to live in it. Or, you can love living in a place and still hate what it's become/becoming.
    r-r-r-r-r-r-repped

    this is exactly it. Canada has a ton of potential, but its full of a bunch of nonsense ideologies.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

    By phreezee in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 72
    Latest Threads: 06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
  2. Help me pick out my next!!

    By essential.mix in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 02-05-2007, 12:19 AM
  3. PIAA bulb burnt out, what next?

    By iblizzard in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-28-2005, 02:10 AM
  5. Replies: 62
    Latest Threads: 10-14-2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •