Quantcast
How stressful is your job? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How stressful is your job?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remind me again, what does stress feel like?

15 10.34%
  • Minorly stressful. The people I work with occasionally frustrate me.

70 48.28%
  • Quite stressful. It literally gives me headaches.

34 23.45%
  • Very stressful. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work.

26 17.93%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How stressful is your job?

My Ride
    V8s

Default How stressful is your job?

Discussion in the single income thread got me thinking... how stressful do you find your job?

I'm finding that the last year or so has me getting a lot more responsibility (which translates into stress) in my job. I usually fluctuate between option 3 and 4 in the poll. It's not as grim as it sounds, because I find it motivating and enjoy the challenge... but like I said in the other thread: Sometimes I'm quite jealous of the people like ctrain drivers that can just check in at 8, do their thing, and check out at 4. It's not what I want, but elements of it are certainly attractive.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

During a plant turnaround.... extreme stress. Other than that, probably less than average on any given normal day.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I dream about work wayyyyyy too much haha.. So quite stressful.. But i don't hate it or anything.

Weird poll options. I'd pick minorly stressful but its not because of coworkers.

My Ride
    Silverado

work is on my mind about 16 hours a day right now. Lately I have been thinking about being able to punch a clock and leave it all behind...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dream about work wayyyyyy too much haha.. So quite stressful.. But i don't hate it or anything.
    They call those nightmares! Hah.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fuck. I don't remember the last time when I wasn't stressed. Regardless of if I am on a holiday in Italy or during the work week. Honestly my biggest and ONLY complaint with my work. I've woken up numerous times in the middle of the night thinking about work. So much so that it has no started to feel normal to be stressed all the time.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

EPCM in Procurement / SCM / Contracts and I chose quite stressful. I don't really have dreams thankfully but that's because after 7 years (and some professional help) I've managed to find ways to cope / shut-off after work/ etc. Pretty demanding environment managing communications between coworkers, clients, suppliers and contractors. It's only gotten more stressful in the past few years with layoffs and more responsibilities with lesser people. But it's worth the pay

Also I have a laptop and phone for work so I'm kind of available 24/7 but I try to not look or answer emails past a certain time. Many people told me having a phone / laptop would make the stress worse but actually in my case it made me less stressed because I know if anything happens I can support it pretty much anytime / anywhere and that peace of mind helped. I don't bring either on vacay / holidays though.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I fluctuate between 2 and 3 but usually I find myself thinking and telling my wife that it will be less stressful and busy at work when X happens but X never happens.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Never use to be stressful in the Auto industry but since our dealer groups upper management team was taken over by people who ran Auto Canada and Tower Chrysler, its been pretty terrible.
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 12-16-2019 at 03:10 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Most of my work stress I bring upon myself, I hate letting it pile up, it's usually when I come back from time off that I get stressed about how much has piled up (though today wasn't too bad). I'm fortunate to never have to bring it home with me, on call response is voluntary and very rare. I couldn't imagine returning emails 16 hours a day, but that works for some people, so to each their own.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’m an employee now... 25 paid days off a year, coworkers keeping expectations low... such a nice break from 100% commission, self employed life!

Hell, even the commute is easier... just the other side of DT, but not having to pass 9th ave means an easy 15min less commute time
    Last edited by ercchry; 12-16-2019 at 02:24 PM.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Low stress overall, fluctuates during outages but overall low on the scale.

We have some reorg going on currently with personal shifting to other units / crews. I was a little stressed about being moved since I really enjoy the people and area I'm currently in. Overall though, even if I was to be moved, in the big picture it all would of been fine.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Fluctuates between 2-3 being self employed. Thinking about the future is a 5/4 on the scale for me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The job itself is 2 mostly, sometimes 3. Some previous jobs have been 3-4. Being worried about being laid off is 5-6-9-11...
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

My office job fluctuates a lot I guess. At times it's crazy slow and as a contractor I get concerned and then other times its busy and lifes good. Also they are changing the floor configurations a lot in our building so I keep getting moved to different cubicles which has become really annoying. But overall probably like 3/10 stressful.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 12-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    During a plant turnaround.... extreme stress.
    I can't believe it's been a decade since I heard that word. I would only assume plant turnarounds are even more stressful now since downtime probably = end of company.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Working in dealership world. Organized stressful chaos but I've learned the IDGAF mentality and it does make life easier.

So I'm 2-3 and sometimes 4. In dealership world, you have to be a fireman to put out fires that is always set my Sales and Finance Depts.

Name:  05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  49.8 KB
    Last edited by dj_rice; 12-16-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

3-4 at any given time.

3 companies. 11 direct reports. 15 contactors. Deadlines. Always with the deadlines.

Ugh.

My Ride
    changes every year

Depends on if the tie in is in a sketchy spot lol, 100% xray can be a little stressful. Overall I have low stress, but always thinking of layoffs these last few years keeps a guy on his toes.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast